Score: 4.70 Votes: 33
rate this

Could You Survive a Zombie Outbreak?

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 17 years ago Views: 12.8K
  • Goto:
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by robodick

According to my son & his world renowned, 5 X Award Winning Band, "Flesh is the Law!"

You'd die in the first wave.

Either the zombies would get you, or the world would.

Seriously now, the world hates you.
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 9
I'd go for a mini-gun and a big bag of PCP......

Lvl 18
ok im going to let you guys in on a little known secret

zombies hate gummi bears use this info however you will
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by crazycracker88

[reply=Honda_X]
[reply=robodick]
WTF....

Wow, you managed to post without mentioning your 28Yr old Nigerian wife...good work.
[/reply]

equidorian mate equidorian
[/reply]

"Ecuadorian" mate, "Ecuadorian".

gawsh
Lvl 17
Quote:
Originally posted by ev1l0ne

18. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently
Lvl 14
Well, i have a little collection of knives that could become handy (about 30-35 cm), i am trained in first aid, and ashihara karate, fire extinsion, im a former scout, one of my favorite movies is Resident Evil, and im in my own words an ok tactician, i live in the center of a small village, so it would take less than 5 minutes to get food and other recources i could need + there are cars to hijack just outside. so i guess i could last a little longer than 5 minutes
Lvl 32
Quote:
Originally posted by [M
]
[reply=Honda_X]
[reply=robodick]
WTF....

Wow, you managed to post without mentioning your 28Yr old Nigerian wife...good work.
[/reply]

That has quote of the day written all over it.
[/reply]

robodick has a 28Yr old Nigerian wife has anyone told Macaulay Culkin!!!!

Lvl 12
OMG... I was just looking at the programming for today on the History Channel... and.....low and behold...there it is....."The History of Zombies" is on today...I'm freaking out here people .

Lvl 14
Sadly my friends and i have been bored on more than one occasion and I have deivsed what i believe to be a sturdy plan.

i take all my useful weaponry with me and hop into my friends jeep, we drive to the army surplus store and grab everything with a clip of ammo that we can(seeing as we already have plenty of bladed weapons). We head south to the Dam on the river to the south of us, the dam is nearly a mile across and has a loch on the side with a roadbed that can be tilted up for tall barges.

After arriving at the dam we immediately go to the controls and tilt the roadbed to seal ourselves off on one side. on the other side we use large vehicles and the fence which we were not stupid enough to tear down. My friend (vampfiend687) gets up in the watch tower on the side of the bridge with a high powered sniper rifle and we alternate shifts watching for Zombies on the fence side of the dam. We have a difficult time deciding whether to shut off the turbines that provide power as they create alot of noise because we dont want to impair the few survivors who may be recieving power down the line from us.

There is an army base a few miles south of the dam, hopefully within a few days some people will realize that the dam still operating means someone is there and find us. After amassing enough people(10-15) a small group of 3 will head to the army baseand try to get food and ammunition(but nothing too explosive as we dont want to wipe out the dam, oooo maybe an APC). Anyways even if they dont have food we can fish off the side of the dam or from the fish ladder on the side of it.

THE PROBLEMS

- what if one of the dams farther up river breaks, will the dam hold up to a massive surge of water.
- what if a barge or other ship runs into the dam
- the noise from the generators might draw zombies
- i suck at fishing
- needs more naked chicks
Lvl 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigdaddydiesel

i couldn't watch the entire length-
Lvl 4
i've actually put alot of thought into this and decided that the best way to survive a zombie outbreak would be to drive to alaska or some other place that's hella cold all the time... zombies are dead and dont produce body heat so they would freeze before they could make it up there. you'd just make sure you got rid of the dead up there before they turned.
Lvl 6
If i had at least an hour notice of incoming zombies, I would think I have a 90% chance of survival. The 10% is a variable only in how long it lasts. I think I could spend all my money on food and get to the secure arms room I have access to. Once I run out of food tho, I will have to come out and that is were the length of the attack comes into play, if I wait it out long enough hopefully the Walmart Assault Team will have done a great job in thinning out the zombie mob.

With no notice, I think it will be around a 40%. With no food stored I will have to just go into kick-ass mode. I will have no weapons until I can make it to the arms room or Walmart, which ever is closer at the time. Physical conditioning is pretty good, though I have slacked off over the winter. Combat training is up to snuff and can contact other trained personnel. I also know my city and alternative routes very well. My Honda Civic with VTEC may not mow down zombies very well without getting damage but it can absolutely out run them.
If I can make it get weapons, I will take as many as I can to the local strip club which has limited visablity from the outside so not to attract zombies. It also has limited entrances and naked chicks. It also has bouncers that will help keep out the undesirables. They serve lunch in most of them around here so there is a kitchen for food.
Lvl 9
This is an amazing topic. My friends always joke with me because I say when there is a zombie attack I will live. They joke because I spend a lot of my money on weapons. My response to them is always, "when the zombies attack we'll see who's knocking on whose door." From reading all the posts so far it seems like Wal-mart is going to be packed. That would be ok for me since I have more then enough already on me.

What I got:
-PT92 9mm-2000 rounds
-870 Express 12 ga.- 1000 rounds
-Jeep Wrangler/Cherokee/Liberty
-Ford F-150
-ATV
-Bobcat Skid loader
-2 Horses
- 18ft Sailboat
- 50 gallons of gas
-Pilots license
-Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Degree
-Great physical condition
-Extensive camping and survival training and experience
-Brass knuckles
-Machete

I check the news probably every free chance I get during the day. So I would most likely see that there is an outbreak as soon as it happens. This would lead me straight to my gun cabinet with my back pack. After loading all my ammo and putting on all my guns and tactical clothing I would also load up water and food. I would then proceed to my garage where my wrangler is and load it up. I would take the 20 mile drive to the nearest airport where I worked as a kid. I would go inside and grab one of the many keys of planes I know I can fly and make my way to the hangers. Once in the plane I would make my way across the country listening to the radio for safe places. I would head out west some where in Montana or Wyoming due to their low populations. Probably land in some small airport and decide if I want to head into the mountains or fly to an ocean and find a small uninhabited island. With the gear I am packing I and my current location I see no problem in overcoming the zombies I encounter on my journey. If the roads are blocked I would take my horse etc etc...

I think if there is a zombie attack it will be less the undead and more like the movie 28 days. In which the people were infected with rage rather then being walking dead. If anyone wants to read some good books on zombies I recommend Max Brook’ books such as World War Z or The Zombie Survival Guide.
Lvl 28
Great answers guys, well thought out.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by xanderb

I will take as many as I can to the local strip club which has limited visablity from the outside so not to attract zombies. It also has limited entrances and naked chicks. It also has bouncers that will help keep out the undesirables. They serve lunch in most of them around here so there is a kitchen for food.

That would be a pretty good strategy, naked chicks are a bonus...but the limited visibility inside, bouncers are kitchen would be really helpful, and someone in a strip club is going to have a gun. My only criticism of that plan would be the people already inside the club, mainly if the outbreak happened in the day..because dudes in the strip club in the middle of the day eating lunch are probably the same guys who are going to lose their shit in a zombie attack, and possibly fuck you over in the process by opening the door to escape or some shit. Overall though its a pretty good plan, even if you die at least its with naked chicks.

@juicypat
I like what you did there, thought up a good plan...and then also thought of what could go wrong, good work.
Lvl 9
Good physical condition.
Knowledge of firearms/weaponry in general.
Wilderness survival training.
Military service.
police/rescue.
First aid/CPR/medical training.
Martial arts training.
Construction.
Hunting.
Your specific countries military strength.
Anything else you can think of thats beneficial during a zombie attack..

Other facts that might tip the odds in your favor include:

Location.
People in your area.
Supplies available.
Vehicles/ATV's/boats/weapons in your possession.
How often you check the news.
Ability to stay calm/mental stability.
ETC..
i am american. i live in the country. i'm an ex ranger. plus i know a shitload of rednecks
Lvl 10
Great posts, I asked everyone that i work with if they would survive, some just said "I'd probably get eaten" Honesty never made anyone live through a Zombie attack.
Lvl 28
Well at least they said they would be killed by zombies, franklin was killed by the looting prior to the zombies...now that is failure.
Lvl 10
pass the spork
Lvl 9
I'm in a house where I'm able to see almost 360 with two blind spots. The front is water, the back, no easy access. I'm ex-British Army and well trained in various disciplines. We're not allowed firearms once we're in civvies, but I have a collection of knives that I use while hunting/camping/fishing. Mobile phones in the house are always charged and there are additional power and water supplies in the attic. Once someone is in the attic, you need a ladder and alot of strength to get them down. All ladders on the premises are kept undr lock and key. I still have a couple of hexamine stoves in my Bergen (handily, in the attic) and could easily grab food to cook in the case of a siege situation. For my current job, I use an old army land rover, which always contains medical supplies and emergency rations (I'm an ex-medic).
I'm trained in survival and close combat techniques. The other people in the house at the moment? A fat guy who does computer stuff and gets out of breath after walking 10 yards, a girl who could stun any zombie at 10 yards with her good looks and a cat that would ignore everything that was going on. Looks like I'm fucked if I have to take the others. Would I be allowed to feed the fat guy to the zombies and escape with the girl?
  • Goto: