Score: 4.70 Votes: 33
rate this

Could You Survive a Zombie Outbreak?

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 17 years ago Views: 12.8K
  • Goto:
Lvl 24
G3...sweet weapon...I live in the People's Republic of California...they're scared of ANYTHING that goes bang.
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 10
If Cher is a possible Zombie what does that make Jacko

Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Strichnine

Yeah, Scientific ones are easier to beat tho i think.... Cause some nerd could think of some air born antidote to kill em all or something. If they where cursed by God, then they would be uber strong and the only way we could beat them is one by one.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall..." uh... I shall memorize that!!!
Lvl 9
Ok now...
Training: I volunteer w/ the local PD, so I know my way around guns. I have basic CPR/first aid training. I also know the area extremely well (it's your typical suburbs). In my area, going out into the boonies isn't an option.
Equipment: I own a Mosin-Nagant 91 rifle, and over 2,000 mags' worth of ammo in the shed (5 round mags). I also own five swords over 5' long (enough distance to avoid the blood spray), cont.below
Lvl 9
Sorry, problem w/ my browser means I have to split this up...
20-30 knives I can throw very well. I also have access to the PD armory, which has enough guns (shotties/ARs) to arm a small country.
Supplies: SWAT-style tac-gear, which includes facial protection. 6 first aid kits and enough gas to take me 300+ miles, stored in my hybrid. Portable solar generator. Enough canned/dried food to last several months, and military-grade stimulants.
Physical condition: I can run 4 five-minute miles in a row, or
Lvl 9
continuosly at a slower pace. I am 6'4", 250 lb., and can bench 175 lb. I have training in judo and martial arts, and can shoot a sub-5 MOA group at 200 yards.
Psychological Cond.: I am a clear thinker, trained to stay rational during extreme stress.
Strategy: Use my PD access to secure 2-3 fallback positions/ammo caches, then set up on the top of my house w/ my rifle, etc. If the buggers can climb, I can hole up in the PD. If neccessary, I have enough gas and cargo space to get faaar away.
Lvl 9
I live in the U.S. Our military kicks ass. 'Nuff said.

Overall, I give myself an 80% chance of survival.
Lvl 13
Survival for how long though? The first day, week, month, when the water and electricity cut out, when the piles of bodies that wern't good enough to get back up start reeking of decay and are incubators for disease? Then the first cold spell strikes?

How long do people think they would survive?
Lvl 9
My strategy is designed for short-term survival. I can get news about any survivors through the PD, and hopefully get some sort of resistance going in a different area.

However, everyone knows that someone will find a solution and save the day. Don't you ever watch TV?!
Lvl 13
Once people go back to wearing medieval armour and learn how to use swords and axes then everything will be fine again
Lvl 14
round up your mates and build a stronghold, kick some ass
Lvl 6
ok right now timde is 12.06 and i won't watch day news i just watch eavning news so i would be in trouble.
i don't have a car and i live suburb area where is much ppl so i would be even more danger.
I have military training and martialarts training but im not very good at martial arts.
i have no guns, im ok gondition but im not fast runner im more like long distance runner. Nearest military base is 22 kilometers avay from my house so i guess i would di quite fast if zombie attack comes
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by TheItch

Once people go back to wearing medieval armour and learn how to use swords and axes then everything will be fine again

Of course. I'd bet it would "cut" down the number of door-to-door salesmen, too...
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Bollorna

ok right now time is 12.06 and i won't watch day news i just watch evening news so i would be in trouble.
i don't have a car and i live suburb area where is much ppl so i would be even more danger.
I have military training and martial arts training but im not very good at martial arts.
i have no guns, im ok condition but im not fast runner im more like long distance runner. Nearest military base is 22 kilometers away from my house so i guess i would go quite fast if zombie attack comes

Yeah, it sounds like you wouldn't last long...

@mo_steel:

Great answer, well thought out..but you could have probably done it in a couple less posts.
Lvl 13
ok, a question that might help people's chances of survival.

Does a zombie naturally avoid excerting itself without an appropriate stimulii? To go after food probably, but the important part is 'no stimulii'

I ask this because I live in a very mountainous region and I was struck by the thought that a zombie might avoid climbing a steep or even a mild slope. So the answer to my own chances of survival would depend heavily on this, since I can just move further up a mountain, hopefully out of sight of any roving zombies.
Lvl 5
I just found this thread XD I think I'll add to it

OK, here's my scenario

it's currently 4:45 PM where I live. I live just 50 miles south of the largest west coast (US) city. Needless to say, there would be millions of zombies in my general area.

I live on the second floor of an apartment building (only two floors) and there's only one door in and out of my place. It would be pretty impossible to climb to the second floor since there's no balcony. The stairs to my apartment are up a narrow hallway (stairway) and the door is just a standard front door, reinforced steel.

Now for my stats:

- I check the news regularly
- I would consider myself cool and stable under high pressure
- have advanced military training.
- advanced first aid, cpr training
- survival/wilderness training skills (although they're a bit old)
- Expert marksman
- I have 7 weapons in the house (really, I do!) with about 800 rounds of ammo (mostly for the rifles since i buy it when I can find it on sale).
+2 very high powered rifles (7.62x54, 300 WinMag)
+2 Heavy pistols (.45 caliber, .357 caliber)
+2 low powered rifles (22LR, 22 Magnum)
+1 12 gauge shotgun
- I have some very large furniture that can be pushed against the door for a blockade.
- I have quite a bit of food in the fridge/pantry.
- The nearest military base is in Oceanside (40 miles away), Although there is a California National Guard station less than 10 miles away.
- I drive a large SUV which is unfortunately parked inside a locked garage 200m away (and the door is a manual open, not automatic).

I think I'd be just fine if a zombie epidemic broke out
Lvl 3
Call me weird but I've actually thought something like this would be awesome.Maybe I'm thinking if I survive I get to help re-populate the world lol.

The main two problems I have with zombie movies are....if there are no humans will they attack animals and make like zombie cats and rabbits that can still kill you and...Does the zombie war continue till they are are eliminated or will they eventually die off.

If the zombie outbreak was like a time limited thing (they make a airborne zombie killer spray) I'd call 100% survival.Modified ATV(very fast and big gas tank),76' F150 4X4 jacked up mud truck (all steel with steel brush guard just perfect for zombie splatting),SKS with scope dialed in for best shot between 50-70yards and roughly 700 rounds left out the 1000 I bought.
I also have a large group of friends with multiple guns and ammo.

This is a rural area with like 6 houses visible from my yard but city is 10 minutes ride and a local grocery store (food lion) has everything needed for emergencies.We also have like 6 super Wal-marts within 25 miles of me.Really good odds I think.

I have 160 acres of woodland with awesome terrain.Would take me little time to construct a simple hard to get into structure using tree limbs and the natural terrain (few rock ledges I could make a nice little hut in along with river rocks I can pile into a wall).We have a river that runs through the property
with clean fresh water (that shit is so tasty after walking trails for a few hours).

As for ongoing battle till they are eradicated...20% if the spread is really fast but still give it a 80% is it a slow advance.

Main prob would be sleep deprivation from always having to watch out making mind slow allowing mistakes.Ammo would run up eventually and food could get scarce.Fuel for vehicles only gonna last so long so trips to get supplies would become a on foot job making less supplies carry able per trip instead of loading a truck.

I could continue on this subject for hours but I getting to wrapped up in it.

Couldn't help it had to add...

I have every "of the dead" dvd released in last 8 years,Extensive hand eye coordination from video games and sports.Have decent fighting skills stand up and grappling but I'd prefer to fight zombies from at least 6 foot away lol.Damn fast on my feet and faster than most anyone through woodland terrain.I do have a bad ankle which twisted wrong way can dislocate and slow me to a hop for a week easy.

I'll post more as it comes to me.
Lvl 17
^^^ good shit
Lvl 28
@gamebred...Sounds like you would really kick some ass man, great answer.
Lvl 13
Now that we are in Easter (and a dodgy attempt to keep this thread going) I've been wondering, did Jesus really ressurect or WAS JESUS A ZOMBIE!??!?
  • Goto: