Score: 3.75 Votes: 12
rate this

McCain's New Vice President

Starter: fsujd524 Posted: 15 years ago Views: 10.9K
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
rtfw - do you have a link to any of her debates?

I'd be curious to see them, but I'm to lazy to search for them
Lvl 11
No debates, but here's a few older clips... I'm surprised how many of mention her as a possible VP (including comments from McCain in the first one)

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin on Larry Kudlow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ys4HGbiONY&feature=related

Gov. Sarah Palin on the Wooten scandal and VP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pak-rH0dCeA&feature=related

Charlie Rose - Sarah Palin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbSlc4XGGnk&feature=related

Sarah Palin on Glenn Beck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKwZNwdowa4&feature=related
Lvl 8
There are some nudes of her circulating at the moment...
Lvl 16
Debate

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/library/includes/templates/library/flash_popup.php?pID=195195-1&clipStart=&clipStop=
Lvl 16
Quote:
Originally posted by forfunster

Please post any that are not proven fakes.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by rocknthefreeworld

Please post any that are not proven fakes.

Some people don't understand photoshop...every naked pic is 100% real...
Lvl 11
Quote:

Either you hate Palin and seek to damage her by creating and/or perpetuating a lie... or you're extremely gullible. Either way, please take it somewhere else and leave this topic for those who wish to have a serious discussion.
Lvl 59
Quote:

Lvl 14
"As mayor, she had her hand stuck out as far as anyone for pork from Sen.Ted Stevens. Lately, she has castigated his pork-barrel politics and publicly humiliated him. She only opposed the "bridge to nowhere" after it became clear that it would be unwise not to.

As governor, she gave the Legislature no direction and budget guidelines, then made a big grandstand display of line-item vetoing projects, calling them pork. Public outcry and further legislative action restored most of these projects — which had been vetoed simply because she was not aware of their importance — but with the unobservant she had gained a reputation as "anti-pork."

She is solidly Republican: no political maverick. The state party leaders hate her because she has bit them in the back and humiliated them. Other members of the party object to her self-description as a fiscal conservative.

Around Wasilla, there are people who went to high school with Sarah. They call her "Sarah Barracuda" because of her unbridled ambition and predatory ruthlessness. Before she became so powerful, very ugly stories circulated around town about shenanigans she pulled to be made point guard on the high school basketball team. When Sarah's mother-in-law, a highly respected member of the community and experienced manager, ran for mayor, Sarah refused to endorse her.

As governor, she stepped outside of the box and put together a package of legislation known as "AGIA" that forced the oil companies to march to the beat of her drum."

You can read the whole article, written by an Alaskan here: http://www.crosscut.com/politics-government/17341

Fundamentally, it will tell you that she is corrupt. She has no integrity. She is a barracuda and she fits right
in with the Republican/Karl Rove agenda for the USA: totalitarian rule, more of the Bush Doctrine.
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by Seryano

Fundamentally, it will tell you that she is corrupt. She has no integrity. She is a barracuda and she fits right
in with the Republican/Karl Rove agenda for the USA: totalitarian rule, more of the Bush Doctrine.
that an Alaskan housewife who has been engaged in a feud with Palin for more than the last decade is capable of writing an opinionated email to a group of her friends.

Fixed.

To use this "article" as a basis for anything other than gauging the sentiment of one particular Alaskan is ridiculous.
Lvl 14
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

Fixed.

To use this "article" as a basis for anything other than gauging the sentiment of one particular Alaskan is ridiculous.

The writer of the e-mail has first hand experience with Palin over the course of Palin's career first on the City
Council and then as Governor.

I hold that knowledge of her performance as valuable.

Because the best gauge of what someone will do is to look at what that person has done!

This woman knows what she has done and tells of it with fairness.
Lvl 59
Quote:

The writer of the e-mail has first hand experience with Palin over the course of Palin's career first on the City
Council and then as Governor.

What you mean is, "She went to some city council meetings."

Quote:

I hold that knowledge of her performance as valuable.

Of course you do, because it reinforces your already strongly held viewpoint. Were you being totally objective you'd take the source for what it is: Basically a complaint letter to the editor, about someone with whom she has feuded, that has received national attention.

Quote:

This woman knows what she has done and tells of it with fairness.

You're joking, right? With fairness? She couldn't be any less objective if she were Michelle Obama.
Lvl 14
Quote:

Of course you do, because it reinforces your already strongly held viewpoint. Were you being totally objective you'd take the source for what it is: Basically a complaint letter to the editor, about someone with whom she has feuded, that has received national attention.

You're joking, right? With fairness? She couldn't be any less objective if she were Michelle Obama.

She wrote, "She is enormously popular; in every way she's like the most popular girl in middle school"
I'd say this is a compliment.

She wrote, "It is astonishing and almost scary how well she can keep a secret...She is energetic and hardworking."
Another compliment. If she wasn't being fair, she wouldn't write positive things about Palin.

She wrote, "I am a resident of Wasilla, Alaska. I have known Gov. Sarah Palin since 1992. Everyone here knows Sarah, so it is nothing special to say we are on a first-name basis. Our children have attended the same schools. Her father was my child's favorite substitute teacher. I also am on a first-name basis with her parents and mother-in-law. I attended more City Council meetings during her administration than about 99 percent of the residents of the city."

That is first hand experience. She knows the woman from many different perspectives and she presents the facts
of her knowledge.

When Palin's selection was announced, I, like most everybody said, "Who?" I knew nothing about her. Only those
people from Alaska, like the author of the email, knew anything about Palin.

This email is valuable because the author has no axe to grind.

Palin never did anything to her.

It is not personal. And because of its objectivity it has value.
Lvl 18
Quote:

[ Image ]

All politics aside the Rule 34 picture made me blow soda out of my nose I was laughing so hard.
Lvl 14
Quote:

Headline:

"As Mayor, Palin Asked Librarian If She Would Censor Library Books If Asked

(story)

1n 1996, then mayor Sarah Palin asked the city librarian if she would censor certain books if she asked her to. The librarian, Mary Ellen Emmons replied that she would not be alright censoring books.

A short time later, Emmons received a letter from Palin telling her that she was going to be fired. Her refusal to
censor the books was not given as a reason for the firing.

When Palin was questioned about her request for censoring books, she replied that she was being rhetorical and it was simply a discussion with a department head. "

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=73195
Lvl 11
Quote:

She wrote, "She is enormously popular; in every way she's like the most popular girl in middle school"
I'd say this is a compliment.

She wrote, "It is astonishing and almost scary how well she can keep a secret...She is energetic and hardworking."
Another compliment. If she wasn't being fair, she wouldn't write positive things about Palin.

She wrote, "I am a resident of Wasilla, Alaska. I have known Gov. Sarah Palin since 1992. Everyone here knows Sarah, so it is nothing special to say we are on a first-name basis. Our children have attended the same schools. Her father was my child's favorite substitute teacher. I also am on a first-name basis with her parents and mother-in-law. I attended more City Council meetings during her administration than about 99 percent of the residents of the city."

That is first hand experience. She knows the woman from many different perspectives and she presents the facts
of her knowledge.

When Palin's selection was announced, I, like most everybody said, "Who?" I knew nothing about her. Only those
people from Alaska, like the author of the email, knew anything about Palin.

This email is valuable because the author has no axe to grind.

Palin never did anything to her.

It is not personal. And because of its objectivity it has value.

C'mon, you don't think people know exactly what Kilkenny intended for that letter to be, or that those reading your comments don't recognize the agenda. Kilkenny may have tried to veil her intent, but it's completely transparent, especially this quote that you conveniently truncated:

Quote:
Originally posted by Kilkenny
She is enormously popular; in every way she's like the most popular girl in middle school. Even men who think she is a poor choice for vice president and won't vote for her can't quit smiling when talking about her because she is a "babe."

Somehow, I don't think men smile quite so much when talking to Kilkenny?

Regarding your book banning thing, we hashed that over a few pages ago. There is no list of books that Palin allegedly tried to have banned, there's no evidence that it was anything other than rhetorical, and no books were ever banned. I know some eat this stuff up, but it's all fluff, and no fiber.
Lvl 14
"You can lead a fool to knowledge but you just can't make him think!"

"Politics is when you present facts to a person and they still won't change their mind."

The USA deserves what it gets.

I'm outta here!
Lvl 22
Lvl 11
Quote:

"Politics is when you present facts to a person and they still won't change their mind."

That IS NOT the definition of politics, I'll leave it to each to research the real definition on their own.
Lvl 59
Quote:

"You can lead a fool to knowledge but you just can't make him think!"

The USA deserves what it gets.

I'm outta here!

You do realize that these rhetorical jabs apply equally, if not more so, to you as they do anyone else in this thread, right?
  • Goto: