Score: 3.67 Votes: 3
rate this

Discuss how demonic possession and other supernatural things are possible.or not

Starter: NightCruiser Posted: 9 years ago Views: 14.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by NightCruiser
Because Humans don't believe their own eyes

This is a good plan because our eyes don't "see" anything. They convert light to electrical signals which the brain then interprets; if there's something wrong with your brain then you'll see all sorts of crazy shit.
EricLindros finds this awesome.
Lvl 4
Science is pretty much like the Catholic Church organization. They don't like Scientist that think out of the box. You will be ostracized and ridiculed for studying the Spiritual aspect of life, . Even other theories such as there being more than one big bang. No matter how many people see and hear Spirits, Now you are a hero if you try and disprove that Spirits. exist. How much time and money is spent on trying to prove their is life on other Planets compared to proving that Spirits exist? $Billions to 0dollars
Like one commenter said below, it would take us 24 million years to reach the nearest Earth like Planet--traveling at 100,000 miles per hour. Really, what is the point of spending $Billions to find other world, we will never ever see much less visit? Yet laugh at people researching the Spiritual world. Worm hole travel is still a fantasy too. The illusion of trying to make us think we can reach these Planets so we should spend $Billions more. I enjoy these science shows and dreaming. But they are a joke. We at least have many people saying they see and hear Spirits. We can't even see other Earth like Planets. All we can see is shadows and Stars wobbling--even with our best telescopes
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/04/140417-earth-planet-kepler-habitable-science-nasa/

Red sunshine, seas, and maybe aliens? Scientists analyzing data from NASA's Kepler Space Telescope today report the closest thing yet to another Earth, a world in a habitable orbit around a red dwarf star some 493 light-years away.
Lvl 8
People are just afraid of death. They don't want to believe the pathetic existence they've lead on this planet for their whole life is all that there is. This is one of the tools the church uses to deceive it's members. "Give your time, money and life to us and you'll be rewarded when you die." It makes it easier to become a slave when you think that everything will be perfect in some sort of afterlife. When an ant dies, is there an ant spirit? Does it go to ant heaven? Nope. Same thing as people. When we die, our bodies decompose and become fertilizer. No different from a bird, dog, lion, or insect.

When I say church or religion, I'm not specifying one particular religion. It pretty much goes for all the major ones.
Quote:
Really, what is the point of spending $Billions to find other world, we will never ever see much less visit? Yet laugh at people researching the Spiritual world.

Ummm....because one is potentially real, and one is a fantasy maybe.

You've said again and again that there is documented proof of ghosts, I'm going to keep asking until you acknowledge it and show us.
Lvl 59
Quote:
Our scientist are no match for Gods science

According to Nietzsche our scientists have killed god, so by that accounting they were more than a match for God.

Quote:
Science is pretty much like the Catholic Church organization.

In the same way that you are pretty much like a banana.

You're just making thing up at this point ("Gods science", so I'm not even sure why I'm still typing right now. I'll stop.
Bangledesh, [Deleted] find this awesome.
Lvl 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie
Ummm....because one is potentially real, and one is a fantasy maybe.

You've said again and again that there is documented proof of ghosts, I'm going to keep asking until you acknowledge it and show us.

I had my own out of body experience. I saw what is inside of me at least. I must have died at some point. Just a white light in the sky that could see and hear everything that was going on. But you won't believe that or any of the other real life experiences. The verse below states the Angel Lucifer is God of this world. The first Humans of creation chose to listen to this Angel over what God told them to do. So it is what it is. Believe it or not

2Cor.4

[4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Lvl 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Davey45
People are just afraid of death. They don't want to believe the pathetic existence they've lead on this planet for their whole life is all that there is. This is one of the tools the church uses to deceive it's members. "Give your time, money and life to us and you'll be rewarded when you die." It makes it easier to become a slave when you think that everything will be perfect in some sort of afterlife. When an ant dies, is there an ant spirit? Does it go to ant heaven? Nope. Same thing as people. When we die, our bodies decompose and become fertilizer. No different from a bird, dog, lion, or insect.

When I say church or religion, I'm not specifying one particular religion. It pretty much goes for all the major ones.

People are afraid they won't see their loved ones ever again. The Universe is 14+ Billion years old. We live maybe 80 years and most of that is spent sick, decrepit and/or child like. If this is all their is then it is pretty much meaningless, worthless, hopeless ETC. Just animal survival instincts to keep many going. People who have been clinically dead and brought back have reported seeing animals where they went
Lvl 28
Quote:
Science is pretty much like the Catholic Church organization. They don't like Scientist that think out of the box. You will be ostracized and ridiculed for studying the Spiritual aspect of life, .

Ever heard of people like Copernicus, Galileo and such? They were feared by religion and main stream scientists in their day. They were also right. There's also many similar examples in the medical field. But since it doesn't suit your point of view, you won't bring it up.

Edit: Also in your last post you bring up clinically dead people again... When will you get it... THEY ARE NOT DEAD.
Lvl 8
Strange that everyone who has an "out of body" experience always sees white light or senses a feeling of being loved or a warmth surrounding them, or closeness of family and friends etc, etc, not one single case of someone having an out of body experience and seeing a glimpse of hell, of a cold all consuming darkness, of unimaginable horrors. By the law of averages half of these experiences should see hell as the other half would see heaven, thus making all out of body experiences a figment of the imagination.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to go look at some titties
Lvl 4
I didn't see a white light. I was the white light. I zipped back into my body like a comet. Entered the top of my head. Last thing I saw was my hair
Quote:

I had my own out of body experience. I saw what is inside of me at least. I must have died at some point. Just a white light in the sky that could see and hear everything that was going on. But you won't believe that or any of the other real life experiences. The verse below states the Angel Lucifer is God of this world. The first Humans of creation chose to listen to this Angel over what God told them to do. So it is what it is. Believe it or not

2Cor.4

[4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

What do you mean you must have died at some point? How do you not know this? And who am I to say that you did or didn't see anything, but from your description of what you wrote above, this doesn't sound like a ghost sighting to me, or anything supernatural...and being a personal experience and not something documented...yeah, I'm gonna need a little more than you claiming you were a white light that could see and hear everything. If you had a near death experience (and I don't know the circumstances) then perhaps you heard people around you?
Lvl 59
What's more likely: A random person's brain circuitry fouls up a little bit under extreme circumstances and they experience strange phenomena that seem to violate all known laws of physics and biology, or...all known laws of physics and biology are grossly incomplete and those things--ghosts, demons and the afterlife--actually exist.
Lvl 19
This thread keeps getting better and better. But no Sasquatch ?
[Deleted], [Deleted] find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by F1098
This thread keeps getting better and better. But no Sasquatch ?

Don't fuck with the Squatch, he's real.
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Quote:

2Cor.4

I went into cardiac arrest twice a year and a half ago during a surgery, and I have no memories of anything. All anyone told me was that I flat lined twice and they had to shock me twice. Even though I am a believer I have no memories of any of it, I guess that is a bit of a let down to the current discussion but I don't have any revelations to tell.
Lvl 4
I am not sure why I had this experience LIA. Maybe some are picked out so they can tell others?. I was under 9 years old. I take the part back about not seeing a white light. I don't remember going to a white light. On the way back to my body, I looked back and saw a moon shaped white light. So I am figuring I was a white light in a protector, guardian? white light. I was roof top high( ranch style one story homes). I looked to my left and saw roof tops. I looked down and saw people had formed a complete circle around my slumped over lifeless body. I was looking through the glow of a white light. I had no human emotions about the scene. No feeling of attachment to the body. No sense of time. No--I want my mommy! thoughts. No pain. But when the light(me) hit my head it was like a blast of pain hit me.
Yea Eric, I did a lot of research on this subject since then
Lvl 59
"Research"
Lvl 8
I'm going on an expedition to find the Skunk Ape. It's like the Sasquatch/Yetti of the Everglades.
[Deleted], [Deleted], F1098 find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by Davey45
I'm going on an expedition to find the Skunk Ape. It's like the Sasquatch/Yetti of the Everglades.

I watched a little bit of one of those programs bout the swamp people, and those guys are a bigger chicken than I am. I don't like being out in the woods by myself....
Lvl 6
All those karate chops were for naught...

You should chop a sasquatch.
  • Goto: