Score: 3.67 Votes: 3
rate this

Discuss how demonic possession and other supernatural things are possible.or not

Starter: NightCruiser Posted: 9 years ago Views: 14.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie
So you're saying that children choose to be raped and murdered, that good people choose to get cancer, and society chooses to allow people like Adam Lanza to exist?

Yes.
Lvl 4
Quote:
So you're saying that children choose to be raped and murdered, that good people choose to get cancer, and society chooses to allow people like Adam Lanza to exist?

No, some people choose to rape and murder children. They choose evil instead of good--just like the first Humans. They chose the God of the Earth over the God of everything. Gods Angels have to fight their way through Satans demon followers to do any good on Earth. But one day God will take back what is his/its. No one knows when that will be. A Satan ruled Universe produces Cancer etc but the rewards of God will far exceed any suffering we go through on earth
Quote:
Originally posted by NightCruiser

No, some people choose to rape and murder children. They choose evil instead of good--just like the first Humans. They chose the God of the Earth over the God of everything. Gods Angels have to fight their way through Satans demon followers to do any good on Earth. But one day God will take back what is his/its. No one knows when that will be. A Satan ruled Universe produces Cancer etc but the rewards of God will far exceed any suffering we go through on earth

I asked, if there was a god, then how come he allows such horrible things to happen, such as rape, murder, and disease of innocent people. To which you replied, "Lucifer aka Satan, became very vane and jealous that God created Humans. So he/it was kicked out of the Heavenly realm and sent to Earth where he tried to sabotage Gods creation and he did a good job of it as we can see. All part of Gods plan to give everyone a choice. But that choice led to death, destruction, disease etc"

So to me it sounds like to you, according to the bible, that people choose their fate. Is this not what you mean? And if not, then what "choice" are people making?
Lvl 4
I don't have much to add, I've had strange experiences like anyone else but who has the right to define what strange is? People from all denominations seem to have strong feelings towards god, yet we continue to rape and pillage the poor guy. We're either systematically brainwashed or we stay true to ourselves and become outcasts.
NightCruiser finds this awesome.
Lvl 4
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh
Meditation is a tool. So you can use it for different purposes as relaxation like you did or to access other states of mind. So it really depends what you're looking for and what you do when meditating.

Pretty sure that's not what the big band theory says... According to it, there was no "explosion" per say but a rapid expansion of the universe (which is still expanding). Basically, at the beginning everything was at one single point (you can call that god if you want ^^).

The universe as no will. Things happened with billion of billion of possibilities. So out of them, some condition made some event (like life) possible.

You know you can be atheist and believe the big bang theory isn't true just like you can be religious and still think this theory is true. Because religion is about faith in something superior and having principle of life. The Bible is a tale meant to teach those principles juts like fairy tales are here to teach some morales to children. If you really think that the story in it is factual then I have bad news for you...

The devil was created by the church when people started getting away from religion. It's basically the same as fear driven politics.

http://www.livescience.com/32278-was-the-big-bang-really-an-explosion.html

"Another confusing aspect of the theory is the idea that at the very moment of the Big Bang, the universe existed in a single point, a singularity of infinite temperature and density. Although this is what the theory says, scientists think that's where the Big Bang theory becomes inadequate. Those infinities are signs that the mathematics have broken down and fail to truly describe the universe."
The Church didn't write the Bible. The Bible is a group of Books that was put together when a book was thought to be inspired by God. For children? I don't think so. The Bible has a lot of sex and violence in it. God is not even shown in a positive way. Jesus was not shown to be powerful. Jesus was abused and then nailed to a Cross. Jews don't believe Jesus was the Son of God, in part because, he wasn't this sword carrying powerful being. Jesus was a poor Carpenter. So if I were going to promote a religion then I think I would have made God and Jesus more positive and powerful? I read a book where a man was going to try and prove Jesus never existed. Instead, he became a believer.
God would not save Jesus from being abused and nailed to a Cross. Jesus wouldn't save himself. So the hero of Christianity is a poor carpenter that was humiliated by the Romans and left to die by his Father. Although it is believed that Jesus was God/human. I think if i were going to make up something, Jesus would have smote the Roman abusers
The first books of the bible were written by Moses, long before there was a church and were put inside of the tabernacle of God. We can only complain bout the church for the last two thousand years. The church is guilty of alot of screwup's, but not all of them, the secular world has done many screwup's all on their own.
NightCruiser finds this awesome.
Lvl 4
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is the god he's worshiping" - Hubert Reeves

And all the brainiacs are at loss as to why the kids are fucked up.
F1098, Davey45 find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by Poida
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is the god he's worshiping" - Hubert Reeves

And all the brainiacs are at loss as to why the kids are fucked up.

Have you ever noticed that God gets blamed for everything bad that happens, but nobody ever praises him for the good things that happen. People are fickle, they don't know what they want and if they get what they ask for then they give all of the credit to themselves. And when everything goes bad it can only be Gods fault. Jus a thought, who do the Atheists blame?
Lvl 18
Mankind is the most destructive mammal. That being said I do believe there are things we cannot see with the naked eye, we have only began to grasp our own visible plain. There is so much we don't understand yet, however let's not say "I can't see it so it's not there" there is more then meets the eye, we just don't understand it yet.

And Lia, I can see your point and I have to agree.
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by YahMan
Mankind is the most destructive mammal. That being said I do believe there are things we cannot see with the naked eye, we have only began to grasp our own visible plain. There is so much we don't understand yet, however let's not say "I can't see it so it's not there" there is more then meets the eye, we just don't understand it yet.

And Lia, I can see your point and I have to agree.

Thank you YahMan, that's all I was trying to say. There are so many people here that I truly care bout, I will do anything to avoid an argument because I value their friendship.

doolittle finds this awesome.
Lvl 4
Have you ever noticed that God gets blamed for everything bad that happens, but nobody ever praises him for the good things that happen.

Yes

People are fickle, they don't know what they want and if they get what they ask for then they give all of the credit to themselves.

No

And when everything goes bad it can only be Gods fault. Jus a thought, who do the Atheists blame?

I don't know, your god I suppose ?

Me personally, I'm agnostic... I don't blame anyone but I firmly believe in right and wrong.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lia

Have you ever noticed that God gets blamed for everything bad that happens, but nobody ever praises him for the good things that happen. People are fickle, they don't know what they want and if they get what they ask for then they give all of the credit to themselves. And when everything goes bad it can only be Gods fault. Jus a thought, who do the Atheists blame?

Atheists don't blame anyone. If I get cancer and die, it wasn't gods will, or gods punishment for something, it was bad luck plain and simple. Just like if I graduate with a 4.0, it wasn't prying to god that helped me achieve that grade, it was hard work on my behalf.
[Deleted], Althalus find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by YahMan

I agree, but lets also not say, "I can't see it, so it must be spiritual" Just because we can't see and explain it doesn't mean its spiritual and that some day we will be able to explain it. We couldn't see that our world was round at one time, we couldn't see that we revolved around the sun. We couldn't see an atom. None of these things were explainable or visible at one time but we understand them now.
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 18
Quote:

I agree, but lets also not say, "I can't see it, so it must be spiritual" Just because we can't see and explain it doesn't mean its spiritual and that some day we will be able to explain it. We couldn't see that our world was round at one time, we couldn't see that we revolved around the sun. We couldn't see an atom. None of these things were explainable or visible at one time but we understand them now.

That's exactly my point, maybe one day we can see...then again...maybe not. Until then, everything is what we hope it might be.
Quote:

Atheists don't blame anyone. If I get cancer and die, it wasn't gods will, or gods punishment for something, it was bad luck plain and simple. Just like if I graduate with a 4.0, it wasn't prying to god that helped me achieve that grade, it was hard work on my behalf.

Sugarpie I luv your honesty and truthfulness, I wish I new more people like you. Your a masterpiece.
Lvl 19
Hear Hear !

Quote:

Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by NightCruiser

Whatever helps you sleep at night, man.
[Deleted], Bangledesh find this awesome.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Poida
Have you ever noticed that God gets blamed for everything bad that happens, but nobody ever praises him for the good things that happen.

Yes

People are fickle, they don't know what they want and if they get what they ask for then they give all of the credit to themselves.

No

And when everything goes bad it can only be Gods fault. Jus a thought, who do the Atheists blame?

I don't know, your god I suppose ?

Me personally, I'm agnostic... I don't blame anyone but I firmly believe in right and wrong.

Uhh... People praise God, quite literally, on the daily.
Lvl 4
What about the Cat that saved the boy from a dog attack? That was a miracle. I have never seen a cat come to the rescue of anyone. Miracles happen every day. Things Doctors can't explain away. Tumors disappear etc I don't know why some receive Miracles and some don't. I think we all have an expiration date and when it is your time to die--you die
F1098 finds this awesome.
Ha...miracle. That really is priceless. Its called protective instincts and all animals have them. There are literally thousands and thousands of documented cases of animals helping/saving people...even cats. Such as this one or this one or this one: [youtube]v9_eGg7rD8Y[/youtube]

I agree that its a fantastic story, but its not miracle in the sense that a divine power interjected and compelled the cat to help the boy.
  • Goto: