Score: 3.67 Votes: 3
rate this

Discuss how demonic possession and other supernatural things are possible.or not

Starter: NightCruiser Posted: 9 years ago Views: 14.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by lia
For those who want any given thread to die and cease to exist the best way would be to not respond to any comments made. I never said science is BS, jus look at the fossil record and geological findings and you can see the world is many of millions of years old. For anyone to say otherwise is blind fantasy. Faith in God is a choice, faith in Nessie or Champ is a choice as well (personally I believe in the possibility of all three). Sugarpie I have always read a great many of your writings bout your opinions and agree with most of which you wrote. All I can say is keep giving your opinions. For those who want any thread to die the best way to do it is not to respond to the opinions written by people who responded to any given response.......

So I can't express my opinion but you can? Thanks.
Lvl 4
"Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

Again...just because evil people exist, it does not mean they are demons. I never disputed evil existing, I dispute the existence of demons. Further more I dispute the theory that if one exists the other must. Such as if god exists then the devil must." Quote

The Catholic Church has documented the existence of Demons. Kinda silly if they performed exorcisms on people who were just mentally ill. Mentally ill people who can perform super human feats. That is total possession. I think demons can also influence people without totally possessing them. Still people are responsible for what they do because they know right from wrong. People can reject the influence. I think the Catholic Church would not want to be associated with what many think is a joke IF they had not seen first hand demonic possession. Humans only have 5 senses--correct? A good many animals can see, smell, hear, feel etc better than we can. So it is possible there is more to life and death than Humans can detect with our limited abilities--correct? We can't see dark matter but scientist say it exist. We can't see black holes but scientist say they exist. Just because we can't see Spirits(well some have said they see them) does that mean they don't exist?
Lvl 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Althalus
... There's way less proof of demons, God, angels, Jesus walking on water... Yet you still believe it all and call science bullshit... Can this thread just die already? -.-

I didn't call science Bullshit but science has it's limits. Really takes "faith" to believe some of it. But people would rather have faith in that rather than faith in God, angels etc because it would harm their demon led lifestyles. No scientist knows how or why the Universe came into being or why the Universe promotes life
Lvl 4
Quote:
Posted by omuh on 09:50 17-08-2014
quotereportsend pm
lvl 35

Forum posts:

Quote:
Originally posted by NightCruiser
Is the brain alone capable mass murder? Is the brain alone capable of being a serial rapist? On and on examples of possible evil influence. Why do some do these horrendous acts and others don't? Most people are shocked by what some are capable of. I wouldn't rule out some supernatural influence in a magical Universe that popped out of no where for no reason--I know a double negative haha

Yes. Yes. Because some people have a different morale than others or are sick (mental illnesses are a psychological issue not a demonic one). The fact that we don't know the purpose of the Universe and why it's there doesn't mean everything must exists.

Let me ask you something omuh. If the Bible were all about promoting God as the most powerful being. The creator of all things. If the Bible was biased towards God, why would it say things like the verse below?The verse below implies that God is not in charge of the Earth. The God below refers to the Angel Lucifer aka Satan. While Lucifer is no God, he is a powerful Angel created by God. Lucifer is said to be Gods most beautiful Angel. Lucifer became full of himself and let pride take over. Lucifer didn't like the fact that God created Humans and became jealous. Started a rebellion in Heaven and took other Angels with him. They were cast out of the Heavenly realm by the true God. The Bible goes on to say that there is a Spiritual warfare going on...Who could make this up and why? Why wouldn't they just make up a world where God runs the show? Some say it is because we need someone to blame when things go bad. I doubt is the writers of the Bible had that in mind. I don't think they would give control of the Earth to Lucifer. Now Lucifer has limited Powers as an Angel, since he is not a God
Yes the Universe could have popped out of nowhere for no reason or it could have been created by a powerful being for the purpose of creating Life. We know it sure did create life at least on one Planet and possibly many more Planets full of life:

2Cor.4

[4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Lvl 28
So because YOU think it's unlikely that the bad guy gets control of Earth you don't think an author could have written it? It HAS to be God who wrote it? That's logic for you... I guess.............

Also if the Bible is so holy and word of God and all that BS... Why does it keep changing? Should the word of God hold true FOREVER? Shouldn't you be able to sell your daughter for a few goats to whoever? Women shut up in the presence of men. Women have no rights at all?

You can't pick and choose holy scripture, it's either all or nothing. OR it's just a work of fiction that have really stood the test of time.
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 11
to those who don't believe in the supernatural or 'ghosts' I really feel sorry for you, and I hope you never invite evil spirits into your house intentionally! Every person, can choose to believe or NOT believe, of course, there are some people that are fakes; but if you research the real ones, and research their documentation, you will see that it is real...I'm not saying that Ghost Adventures or Dead Files is "fake" or "real" however, they are definitely taken off of REAL stories!
Lvl 28
It all depends on how you define "real stories". Where I come from that means it's based on an actual tale, work of fiction. It does NOT mean it's based in reality, on actual documented events with reliable evidence.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazmat35
to those who don't believe in the supernatural or 'ghosts' I really feel sorry for you, and I hope you never invite evil spirits into your house intentionally! Every person, can choose to believe or NOT believe, of course, there are some people that are fakes; but if you research the real ones, and research their documentation, you will see that it is real...I'm not saying that Ghost Adventures or Dead Files is "fake" or "real" however, they are definitely taken off of REAL stories!

Ok, show me the real cases.
Lvl 4
I never thought to film or document any of the supernatural experiences I've had, I was too busy reading stuff trying to figure out what was going on.
Lvl 8
Quote:

Ok, show me the real cases.

Ummm...just a little movie called "Ghost Busters" ????
[Deleted], Althalus, Poida find this awesome.
Lvl 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Althalus
So because YOU think it's unlikely that the bad guy gets control of Earth you don't think an author could have written it? It HAS to be God who wrote it? That's logic for you... I guess............. Also if the Bible is so holy and word of God and all that BS... Why does it keep changing? Should the word of God hold true FOREVER? Shouldn't you be able to sell your daughter for a few goats to whoever? Women shut up in the presence of men. Women have no rights at all? You can't pick and choose holy scripture, it's either all or nothing. OR it's just a work of fiction that have really stood the test of time.

The Bible was "Inspired" by God. Not written by God. The are books were put in the Bible because people thought they were Inspired by God. I am sure some of the book writers put their biases in too. The Bible also reflects the era it was written in. Heavily slanted toward Jews who wrote it in the mix. The language they spoke could have different meanings--especially the language Jesus spoke. As for God. Look at us compared to ants and other bugs. We kill ants and other bugs. We step on them. We kill cows and eat them. God is way above us verse what we think of ants etc. So what does a Powerful super duper Genius creator of all things,, think of humans, animals and bugs?. Humans with no spirit probably would be like a ant to him.

Awesome...
You've gone from speaking for Putin to now speaking for God.
Althalus finds this awesome.
Lvl 16
Quote:
Theories are proved and disproved every day because of EVIDENCE, not just because someone disagree or agrees with it. We may not be able to see Dark Matter, and we are likely wrong in how it works and how it created, but we know its there because of evidence. In all the time humans have had film and video, why is here not 1 single un-debatable clip of footage that proves ghosts and demos exist? And don't tell me that Ghost Hunters is video proof. And don't tell me that camera can't capture it.

There is a CW show called Supernatural. All the documentation and proof you need in a 195 episodes!
[Deleted], Poida find this awesome.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by asunfisher

There is a CW show called Supernatural. All the documentation and proof you need in a 195 episodes!

and counting!
Lvl 4
The skeptics will never believe until they themselves go insane or get possessed by a demon.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Poida
The skeptics will never believe until they themselves go insane or get possessed by a demon.

And the second one will never happen because demons, like sky fairies, do not exist.
[Deleted], Doobie_Bro, Althalus find this awesome.
Lvl 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Neonzero

And the second one will never happen because demons, like sky fairies, do not exist.

Does "dark matter" exist? Scientist say it does. Have you ever seen Dark Matter? Don't worry, scientist haven't seen it either but have faith it exist out in the Universe. Ever seen a black hole in the Universe? Scientist say they exist. They haven't seen a black hole either. The do claim to see Stars, Planets etc disappear like they have been sucked into a vacuum cleaner. Like Magic! Worm holes anyone. Travel between Universes in a worm hole. Wow! There are more Universes? Ever seen another Universe besides ours? Scientist haven't seen another one either but have faith it is possible. Possible there are many more Universes. But oh no there can't possibly be Demons!!
Quote:

Does "dark matter" exist? Scientist say it does. Have you ever seen Dark Matter? Don't worry, scientist haven't seen it either but have faith it exist out in the Universe. Ever seen a black hole in the Universe? Scientist say they exist. They haven't seen a black hole either. The do claim to see Stars, Planets etc disappear like they have been sucked into a vacuum cleaner. Like Magic! Worm holes anyone. Travel between Universes in a worm hole. Wow! There are more Universes? Ever seen another Universe besides ours? Scientist haven't seen another one either but have faith it is possible. Possible there are many more Universes. But oh no there can't possibly be Demons!!

No, scientists believe dark matter exists because there is EVIDENCE suggesting it exists; proven evidence. Unlike ghosts and demons where there is zero credible evidence.
Lvl 8
Quote:

Scientists have evidence, not faith to back up the theories of dark matter, black holes, and worm holes by studying the universe in great detail and understanding the correlation between certain actions and reactions that occur, demons are the work of over active imaginations based on no evidence of any kind whatsoever, show me one single solitary scientifically backed paper on this subject and I will apologise, but you can't, because there are none. nothing produced by the Catholic church counts because they are one of the most corrupt organisations on the planet for a start. You can make as many ridiculous comparisons as you want but the bottom line is you have no proof and that's a cold hard fact.
Lvl 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Neonzero
demons are the work of over active imaginations based on no evidence of any kind whatsoever, show me one single solitary scientifically backed paper on this subject and I will apologise, but you can't, because there are none. You can make as many ridiculous comparisons as you want but the bottom line is you have no proof and that's a cold hard fact.

Do you believe in love?

Same thing, you can't prove that kind of stuff.
  • Goto: