Score: 4.71 Votes: 80
rate this

Study Lab(ia) - Let's learn from each other

Starter: bustMall Posted: 13 years ago Views: 46.9K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28

This concludes today's study of the Labias Gargantuam. As our final photo quite adequately demonstrates, while personal petal preferences among gardeners may vary, the petals are but one small part of the entire plant, and with a plant this beautiful, the petal just doesn't matter.

Coming next in Lesson VI - Grooming Techniques
Lvl 28
Pop Quiz-

1. Who among the class would refuse to care for the following two flowers, taken from our lesson above?
Personal feelings towards the importance of long term vs. short term care commitments should not be considered in your answer.

Multiple Choice
A - Happy to oblige
B - If blinded by love
C - Only during a drought
D - Not even with someone else's gardening tools

Example A

Example B
* This post has been modified : 13 years ago
Lvl 28
Professor learns lesson, Never give pop-quiz on a Friday afternoon.
Lvl 21
That would be "A"
Lvl 21
That would be "A"
Lvl 22
OK Image venue sucks. (looking for a new host) still looking.

I know I promised you M_all, and it will be delivered
Lvl 14
that last group was gross, those look like genetic mutation pussies....ugh...
Lvl 22
Lucky I guess

Thanks, I do have a few of my studies to post once I figure this out.
Lvl 22
I'm hoping this is my "I get it" moment...

Lvl 22
TaDA
Lvl 28
I'm no techie either, so I feel your joy. It only took me several years to figure it out.
(beer)
Lvl 22
(beer)

A really heart felt thanks!

(more tomorrow now) (only a few)
Lvl 22
I thought this was a good time to post one that I've been trying to cultivate as long as I've been a Monk.

Lvl 28
Lesson VI - Grooming Techniques

Before getting to the lesson, please take a moment to complete the pop quiz on post #102 by providing your multiple choice answer as a reply to this thread.

Today's examples shall varying degrees of hair, demonstrating multiple examples of popular grooming techniques and naturally occurring specimens. Naturally occurring members of the species are without fail, covered in some degree with a layer of course hairs. These hairs often obscure the tender petals, particularly in eastern and fully matured varietals, however, coat density does vary significantly from specimen to specimen within any particular varietal. Throughout much of the developed world, it has become couture to remove the hairs. While the author personally finds great acceptance of the practice, finding care, maintenance, visual stimulation and overall pleasure to be enhanced by the exposed specimen, many persons interested in the flower prefer the natural appearance. In fact, I do believe we have religious sect on campus known as the COTH, or something like that. The Professor is not a member of that church, but I do possess a great deal of tolerance for all varietals and sub-species.
Lvl 28
We start with several examples of the species in their natural state. No pruning or trimming has taken place. Examples of the natural specimen are becoming somewhat rare in the western hemisphere, and the practice of trimming is spreading globally.

Lvl 28
This particular flower appears to be so wild, that photographing the entire specimen proved difficult.

An asian varietal

Lvl 28

Now we begin with examples of lightly trimmed specimens of varying designs

Lvl 28

Lvl 28

A particularly well stalked african varietal with a nice trim

Lvl 28

A classic example of Sheared Beaver, where the length of the guard hairs are removed, leaving a smooth protective undercoat.

Now we move on to more thorough trimmings

• Goto: