Score: 4.66 Votes: 32
rate this

Rural Explorations...The Saga continues ! (brought back to life by everyone)

Starter: Notech_The_Abbot Posted: 14 years ago Views: 97.9K
  • Goto:
Lvl 22
hornithologist Thanks for the trip with you ! Awesome! Great wife too I hope you keep sharing with us !

Azrat , I'm glad that you are still sharing. Funny thing about that rattler, I've been driving around at night this last week to get a pic of one

I see them all the time until I want a pic of one I killed two 3 weeks ago,ate the biggest one

TK, you know you could be right about it being a popcorn tree
Lvl 9
Yeah, I'm going with popcorn tree too. Spaghetti trees have long stringy fruit.

Great thread notech! I wish other areas of the world would post some of their rural explorations.

Here's picture taken at Edisto beach in SC. A storm was approaching and the sailboat was trying to get home.

Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by ThreadKiller

If she's the babe in your uploads, you're a lucky man.

Yea, it's her in my uploads and yes, I am lucky to have her. Unfortunately, half the pics I submit of her to be uploaded are never uploaded. I have no idea why.

Anywho ... here's some more pics of Lake Superior's north shore in Minnesota, and one more of my wife in a park somewhere in Minnesota, can't remember exactly where.
Lvl 22
@ hornithologist, Thanks again for your additions to the thread

@ webbie, well thank you for the cool pic, got more? And I was also hoping for a more global contribution of rural exploring ,that way I can take a trip and never leave the farm
Lvl 22
I went out right after my last post looking for the elusive rattler in the road,no luck again

I ended up about 20 mi. S of home and on the way back suffered catastrophic tire puncture. The @#$%@ little lug wrench was of no use to change

it @%$^#, luckily I had my trusty 12V tire pump with me It only took about 30 some times of stopping to get back to my shop even tho' I had a tire

plug kit with me *^#@^%...... Anyway I got an evening pic to share------looking west 15mi. out.

While I was there the moon showed up.

Lvl 9
notech, sorry for your trouble but the pics you ended up with are great!

hornitholgist, you must be a pro, great scenery shots and lovely wife to boot.

I love the second shot in your last uploads, very colorful and rich contrast.

I don't have a lot of big time landscapes. Sorry I wasn't thinking of this thread years ago when I was taking a lot of pics

Here's a sunset off the coast of North Carolina.

Lvl 37
Nice skies guys!

@ hornithologist - sometimes when the pic mods see really good quality uploads they kick them out as being pro.
Shitty, grainy pics work best

Some pics may be accepted by one mod and rejected by another, they come up randomly to be processed. Put a note in the description box, it might help

Here's some more of the Gros Ventre area. Below is the river that flows through the valley.

Lvl 37
Here is the river and lake coming together.

* This post has been modified : 14 years ago
Lvl 12
Webbie, thanks, glad you liked the pic. I am not a pro. I just take a lot of shots and by chance some turn out decent. Nice sunset pic. You sure that wasn't a sunrise though? Unless maybe you were out on a boat, or on one of the islands and facing west perhaps.

Threadkiller, I liked your rock/land slide pics. Enjoyed the story you put up with the pics for some background.

Notech, sounds like you had a rough night yesterday (cool nightshots though). So I'll post a pic of a lone tree just for you.

These pics are:

1. The lone tree, out in farm country in NW Minnesota
2. A Bald Eagle nest at sunset. About an hour north of Minneapolis in Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge
3. And a giant cloud of smoke. Me and the wife were driving up to it (could see the smoke from miles away) and expecting the worst. Thought it was some huge forest fire. So we get up to it and people are driving by and acting all nonchalant ... so I had to ask. Turns out they do it all the time. Burn the crops after they harvest, making the seeds drop out faster or something. Don't know if the picture will show, but it was massive. This was way up in north, near International Falls, MN. My wife took the shot while I was driving.
Lvl 9
OOPS! I was excited and typed sunset instead of rise - good eye

I do have a Florida sunset I took at Cedar Key but I can't find it at the moment

Your sunset is lovely, nice rich colors!

notech will appreciate the tree.

=================

Now for something completely different. I was driving through Mon-Damn-Tana and saw this totem pole. Luckily the camera wasn't buried in the van.

Lvl 35
Those are some great views.

This is in the Dutch country side called "Beemster".
It's in North Holland, and i love to ride through there on my bicycle and just snap a couple of shots.

That site is about 20 miles north of the red dot.

Lvl 35
This is in "De Zaanse Schans"

It's a tourist attraction where you can walk arround and see how Holland looked like in the late 19th century.

Lvl 22
Actually my favorite pics are sunrise/sunset such as...

( and I know I'm not supposed to link pics back,I like this one tho' )

Trees and all
Lvl 12
Cool totem pole Webbie, and finally we have a pic from outside of the U.S.A., thanks for sharing PIP.

Here is a couple pics of the Mississippi River in Minnesota, just about 10 miles north of Minneapolis ... One is a sunset, the other is just a shot that I thought had cool reflections while the water was glass.
Lvl 9

Welcome P.I.P, I can't see your second post

Here's a pic of the Natural Bridge in VA.

* This post has been modified : 14 years ago
Lvl 9
Now an inside shot of the, what else , Natural Bridge Caverns.

Lvl 12
A natural bridge ... very cool Webbie.

ThreadKiller, thanks for your uploading advice, I'll be trying out those tips soon.

Here is a couple more pics

Two are of Mystery Cave in southeastern MN. Webbie's cave shot reminded me that I have some also. One shot is a pool inside the cave. The other, a fossil of a somethinorotherpod (don't remember what they said it was). It's a sea creature from when there used to be ocean over the continent millions of years ago.

And for something completely different. In Red Wing, MN, on the Mississippi River, hundreds of Bald Eagles gather during the winter. A power plant keeps the water from freezing, so it's good fishin' for them. It gets colder than hell here and they don't seem to mind. One of the days I was there it was 10 degrees below 0. Anyway, look closely at the pic and you'll see around 20 in the background.
Lvl 24
ive been to that natural bridge and the caverns in virginia webbie, theyre fucking awesome in person :P
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by FeFeHumHum

ive been to that natural bridge and the caverns in virginia webbie, theyre fucking awesome in person :P

Indeed they are. At one point I didn't duck low enough and nearly took the top of my head off-OUCH!
Lvl 22
P.i.P,,, Thank You for visiting this thread Please show us more !

hornithologist..... You Know we like your pics,please continue......

@ webbie, those cavern pics reminds me of a few that when I find them I can share too

@ TK......... you post more than me on my own topic....

FeFeHumHum, thanks for the visit, I know that you have a pic or two to share.....(just do it)
  • Goto: