Score: 4.66 Votes: 32
rate this

Rural Explorations...The Saga continues ! (brought back to life by everyone)

Starter: Notech_The_Abbot Posted: 14 years ago Views: 97.9K
  • Goto:
Lvl 22
May 22 1915 from my town Mt Lassen erupts (walnut street looking east) oops the first is Bing Crosby fishing near here
Lvl 22
Here's the one I was looking for down Walnut Street...these are watermarked but are public property!!!
Lvl 28
Cool Pics, NT, but your sig makes me sad
Lvl 23
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros
Apparently my digital camera has the capability of taking up to 15-second exposure pictures.

I've spent the last day or two trying to figure out how to get it to do that manually, because I think it would be cool to play around with that. Eventally I want to get a real time-lapse thing and take some awesome low-light city shots where you can see cars moving and such and/or some skyscapes in which the extended shutter time allows you to really capture the stars/moon and such. We'll see. I keep getting interrupted, but if I figure it out I'll post some of that fun stuff here.

Set your camera to manual mode then set the shutter speed to your desired time. Use bulb mode for shots that are longer than 30 seconds and also consider your exposure when doing so. Also use a tripod (a must) and a shutter release to minimize the effects of vibration.
Lvl 23
Nothing posted here in quite the while so let us hope this kickstarts this post again. Some great photos in here.
Taken on a recent hike in the Rockies...
omuh finds this awesome.
Lvl 28
That's a gorgeous scene, AB. Hoping to spend a couple weeks in Maine/NH this fall and return with some worthwhile scenery.
  • Goto: