Score: 4.66 Votes: 32
rate this

Rural Explorations...The Saga continues ! (brought back to life by everyone)

Starter: Notech_The_Abbot Posted: 14 years ago Views: 97.9K
  • Goto:
Lvl 37
Here's a different view of the Snake River.

Lvl 37
Closer to home or ex-home for me

A raccoon would visit us nightly. The only creature that actually loved those Pecan Swirl thingies.

They're true omnivores. They'll take a bite of a powdered donut and grab a moth out of the air and eat it

Lvl 37
I visited Yellowstone Park four years after the big fire in 1988.

While I was there I noticed a fire on a distant mountain and thought, here we go again.

This blaze didn't get out of hand though.

Here's some shots of 1988 fire damage.

Lvl 22
We have the occasional raccoon visitor at the homestead , they love dog food too

Time for the random buzzard pic......

Taken on a walk about a mile east of home.

Lvl 22
And a dead oak tree about 20mi west of home that I thought was worthy .....

Lvl 22
I don't know what kind of tree this is except it's not any fruit tree that I've ever seen.

It was this spring about 30mi so. of home and I needed this pic so bad I went back twice to get the shot !

(didn't have my camera the first day)
Lvl 37
Um, obviously a cottonwood mate.

You got this thing for trees or sumpin?

===============

Waterfalls are my "Jones". This is FireHole Falls in Wyoming.

Lvl 22
Nah, just all nature,and it's not a cottonwood Some sort of fruit tree. It was all alone by a old homestead.

I love waterfalls,just never seemed to have a camera handy.

Anyway you started the tree pics,I was just adding some life to of set the death of a forest.

So here is the moon through the pines 25mi SW of the homestead......

* This post has been modified : 14 years ago
Lvl 22
pissed off rattlesnake at my friends house
Lvl 22
gila monsters, too...
Lvl 22
winter in the desert @ my friend's house
Lvl 37
Quote:
Originally posted by hornithologist

Cool thread, and some nice pics so far. I was in the rurals last weekend, thought I'd post some pics for ya'll. I was up on the north shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. The first pic is of Partridge Falls on the Pigeon River, which drains into Lake Superior. It also forms the border of the U.S. and Canada in this spot. To get an idea of the size of the falls, the second pic is my wife posing in front of it. Yea, I like to have her get naked in the rurals.

Sweet additions mate!

Your wife has a peach of an ass. She should be in all your photos
Lvl 12
Ok, one more waterfall. This is Devil's Kettle on the Brule River, which also drains into Lake Superior's north shore in Minnesota. If you look on the left side of the falls, the water just disappears into a giant hole. Obviously, the work of the Devil. It was getting dark out, so pic quality not the greatest.

In the second pic, a Red Fox posed long enough for me to get a shot. Again, same area, all pics taken last weekend.
Lvl 37
@ treetech, OK howzabout a popcorn tree? Just messin' widja mate RE: your tree fetish ( that ED medicine should take care of any probs)

@ AZ, I thought all rattlers were PISSED. I took the liberty of resizing and posting; hope you don't mind.

Lvl 37
I take Gila Monsters ain't all cuddly like iguanas

Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by ThreadKiller

Sweet additions mate!

Your wife has a peach of an ass. She should be in all your photos

Thanks, she'll appreciate the comment. I do take a lot of her, but I always have to rush the shot cause she's worried someone is coming around the corner. So I end up deleting most cause they're crappy pics. But, I do have a few more, so maybe they'll get worked in somewhere.
Lvl 37
I have a buddy who moved to Phoenix but hated the heat. He moved to Dewey (near Prescott) so he could enjoy the cooler weather.

Lvl 37
Here are some pics I took in the Gros Ventre (Big Belly) area near Jackson Hole, WY

Blurb from the innernutz:

"The Gros Ventre Slide is one of the greatest landslides to occur in North America in historic times. The landslide occurred on June 23, 1925. The landslide occurred where steeply-dipping rocks of late Paleozoic age were undercut by the Gros Ventre River. What triggered the landslide is uncertain, but heavy rains and spring snowmelt may have been contributing factors. The volume that slid was nearly a mile long, 2,000 feet wide, and several hundred feet thick—estimated at about 50 million cubic yards. In a matter of minutes the landslide moved into the valley and dammed the Gros Ventre River. A large lake formed behind (upstream) of the landslide. On May 18,1927, the natural dam partially failed, and a great flood of water, rock, and debris washed down the valley causing catastrophic damage to the town of Kelly, Wyoming and several ranches in the valley below. At least six people were killed in the flood."

You see the "scoop" out of the mountain that provided the rock.

Lvl 37
A shot of the valley.

Lvl 37
Quote:
Originally posted by hornithologist

Thanks, she'll appreciate the comment. I do take a lot of her, but I always have to rush the shot cause she's worried someone is coming around the corner. So I end up deleting most cause they're crappy pics. But, I do have a few more, so maybe they'll get worked in somewhere.

If she's the babe in your uploads, you're a lucky man.
  • Goto: