Score: 4.66 Votes: 32
rate this

Rural Explorations...The Saga continues ! (brought back to life by everyone)

Starter: Notech_The_Abbot Posted: 14 years ago Views: 97.9K
  • Goto:
Lvl 37
There's a lot of water in my pics and I'm a bit of waterfall junkie. I can't pass up a shot of falls or rapids because they're dynamic and powerful.

Just like I ain't

Here's a shot of White Water Falls in NC.

Lvl 22
WOW

awesome pics friends ! I expected less and got way more

@ dave east-south-west-north

thank you all

just a ducky day last week....

then I got goosed...

Lvl 22
@ T. K.

I was an avid fisherman until a few years ago when I decided that the ca.fish&game had pushed me too far with the asinine regs and no proof that they even help the propagation of fishes

(in ca. the fish populations are dropping ) I do still have a "Honey Hole" biggest bass so far is only 4 lbs.

what equipment are you using notech?
Lvl 37
Wish I were there notech

My son and I took a break from fishing. He's panning for gold, must have found 50 lbs.......of rocks

North GA was the site of a major gold rush. When gold was found at Sutter's Mill, everyone headed West.

Lvl 22
Quote:
Originally posted by nerph

what equipment are you using notech?

Do you mean my 5'8" pro-comp graphite rod with Daiwa levelwind and 12# trileneXT,old school rubber baits and crankers,
and some times a junk flyrod that likes trees (could be me tho'?

Or the canon powershot sx100is ?
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by ThreadKiller

My son and I took a break from fishing. He's panning for gold, must have found 50 lbs.......of rocks

North CA was the site of a major gold rush. When gold was found at Sutter's Mill, everyone headed West.

Where are you calling Northern CA? When I think of Northern CA I think of Chico and north. But I think that you've been mostly talking about the Sacramento area, which I think of as Central CA. I only lived in the area for a couple of years though, Sacramento and Merced, loved it there.
Lvl 37
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveWa

Where are you calling Northern CA? When I think of Northern CA I think of Chico and north. But I think that you've been mostly talking about the Sacramento area, which I think of as Central CA. I only lived in the area for a couple of years though, Sacramento and Merced, loved it there.

Hmmm, I've got GA but somehow it's CA in your quote???

North GA as in Dahlonega GA was the main town where the gold was found. There's still some around.
Lvl 37
Quote:
Originally posted by notech

Do you mean my 5'8" pro-comp graphite rod with Daiwa levelwind and 12# trileneXT,old school rubber baits and crankers,
and some times a junk flyrod that likes trees (could be me tho'?

Or the canon powershot sx100is ?

And I thought you were gonna answer differently...
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by ThreadKiller

Hmmm, I've got GA but somehow it's CA in your quote???

North GA as in Dahlonega GA was the main town where the gold was found. There's still some around.

My mistake, I changed it to CA.
Lvl 22
Quote:

I am in the heart of Norcal by your figures
I figured that you would know some about the N. state

If I go 100 mi. in almost any direction I'm in the city or out of state !
Lvl 15
wow! I think I saw # six at my local pub!!!!!!
Lvl 37
Since I double posted, I rekkin I owe you a picture.

I use a 5wt fly rod for most stuff. I have a 3wt and an 8wt as well.

I used to fish in a boat and have 4 or 5 tackle boxes. Now I can put all gear and flies in a vest, simplify, simplify.

This is Pebble Creek in Wyoming. A buddy and I hiked through a field in our waders to reach it.

It was aptly named, not much water but an assload of pebbles

Lvl 22
WOW that looks just like a stream that I fished in Ut. best damn native trout fishing in my life

I don't have a pic of that tho'

Thanks T.K.

I'm going to post some more pics in awhile gotta go check on my Mom .
Lvl 37
Did I say Wyoming?

Yeah, it was in the NE corner not far from Mon -Damn-Tana.

We caught some nice trout further upstream toward the mountains. So it was worth the trek.
Lvl 11
Quote:

I figured that you would know some about the N. state

How'd you figure that?
Lvl 22
Quote:

How'd you figure that?

Because I read your posts over the last year and being in Washington st. you would know something about N.Ca. !

I like your threads BTW !
Lvl 24
great thread
Lvl 11
Quote:

Because I read your posts over the last year and being in Washington st. you would know something about N.Ca. !

I like your threads BTW !

Thanks, and yeah, I know a little about Northern CA. Shasta's on my list of mountains to climb.
Lvl 22
Thanks BDWW !!!!!

How about Lassen Dave ?

• Goto: