Score: 4.66 Votes: 32
rate this

Rural Explorations...The Saga continues ! (brought back to life by everyone)

Starter: Notech_The_Abbot Posted: 14 years ago Views: 97.9K
  • Goto:
Lvl 22
I spent some time in the Vegas desert in 76-77 .

These are various pics from outside of town, the first is me and my son and the last one is at Lake Mead camping

And this is what that truck looks like today. @ Clam Beach camping trip

Lvl 37
Neat pics, the dial up peeps will appreciate the thumbs

Wanna sell that truck

If you want to resize pix and do some photo editing, here's a free download I use to do simple things when I don't want to load Photoshop:

Irfanview:
http://www.irfanview.com/
Lvl 37
Here's a shot of the Snake River. One of my Exes took the pic. She took really great pics. I "borrowed" the ones I liked when we split

Lvl 22
You mean like remove my wife from that last pic cause she's blowing her nose ?
Lvl 37

Piece of cake brotech

Lvl 22
Now that has got to be one of the most awesome easy to use editing programs that I've ever seen ,tell me more .....

( where did you find that pic of me to shop in there ? )
Lvl 37
Thanks!

I snagged it from one the thumbs and moved it to this pic - neat huh?
Lvl 22
That snake river pic is a great one,did you fish there?

Seems like this is a good time to post this one taken 50 mi. NW of my home.I was on my way to some high lakes to trout fish. It was inspiring to me as the tree that stands alone...

I took it about 15yrs. ago and have always wanted to have it criticized
Lvl 37
I've fished the Snake but not there.

Great shot of the tree. It takes an artist's eye and a bit of luck to find a photo-op and recognize it for what it is.

We older guys rule the forums on Saturday night, eh Bud?

I'm hitting the hay, probably still daylight where you're at
Lvl 22
G'nite it is almost dark
Lvl 37
This is a shot of the Chatooga River that borders GA-SC. Parts of the movie Deliverance were filmed there as well as the Coosa River.

We hiked down a photographers trail. They sell pics to the kayakers/rafters that finish this last of four sections.

After this it becomes Lake Tugaloo.

"The Five Falls are the crowning achievement of the 250 million year old, geological processes of the Chattooga River. Five class IV-V rapids; Entrance (First Ledge), Corkscrew, Crack In The Rock, Jawbone and Sock-em Dog, in rapid succession, in a narrow, boulder-strewn strip of whitewater emptying into a pool of water known as Dead man's Pool."

I took the shot but didn't write the above blurb, too much typing

Lvl 37
Here are some clearer shots (I hope) of the Chatooga River. i had to find some old photos and scan them.

Lvl 37
here's a bass I caught in another pond in South GA. I didn't have a scale or my two-inch dollar bill I use as a reference

Just my size 12 boots today.

I won't tell you where this pond is but if you'll look closely you can make out Nessie swimming across the surface.

Lvl 37
I took this shot in Teton Village where we lodged for a week.

This was the last night before leaving for home. Snow was on the way and the merchants breathed a sigh of relief due to the start of the winter season.

I'm glad dug it up. I always thought it would make a great watercolor painting - thanks notech

Lvl 22
More like size 9's

Great pics !

I,m trying to work on resizing my megapics to something still good but not so big

And and old pics are great are they not ?
Lvl 37
Yes they are resizetech, yes they are

I started to PM you and ask if this thread was dead.
Lvl 22
Tarnation Trigger not dead by aways !

This pic was a month before the baby goats where born. I drive this road often and just thought the setting was cool.

(also this is my first attempt at the resize thing) I wanted to try it on one that was not so good.

Edit: guess that's not so bad
Lvl 37
The properties indicate 639x479 which is still big but good for this type of thread. 700 and up and the dial-up boys start whining.

I like big pics for landscapes and ass shots though

=============

i heard a buncha moanin' and groanin' outside and I grabbed my camera. Actually I grabbed my shotgun the first time

I saw two June Bugs makin' babies and took some beetle pr0n.

This is 600x411

Lvl 22
I just saved your pic and my last pic to enlarge and I don't like the resize, guess I'll have to go to thumbs so if someone wanted to save and

see in hi Q they can
Lvl 37
Howzabout some roamin' bufferlows?

• Goto: