Score: 4.71 Votes: 14
rate this

my stop smoking journal

Starter: DEMO Posted: 10 years ago Views: 21.5K
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
I have finished my book, and I'm smoking my last cigarette now, and i'm happy to say, in less than 7 minutes I will forever be a non-smoker :-)
Davey45 finds this awesome.
Lvl 70
Plot twist : Demo never smoked and the thread is just an advertising campaign for the book

Way to go Demo
DEMO finds this awesome.
Lvl 27
Last cigarette is done, and I'm happy to say, I am, and forever will be a non-smoker

Of all my attempts to quit this damn habit, or addiction, or whatever you want to call it, ive never felt so calm and relaxed about it as I do now
Lvl 27
Omuh caught on to my scheme, damn it
Lvl 8
Good job man. Just remember the rules and you'll never smoke again. Every day it gets easier.
DEMO finds this awesome.
Lvl 27
And Davey, I really can't thank you enough for the link to that book
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by DEMO

Got 2 more chapters in last evening before I stopped reading, now through chapter 8.
It's interesting how the first thing I thought when I woke up was the excitement of wanting to be a non-smoker by the end of today. Of all the times I've quit, or tried to quit, I've never woke up feeling like that

Demo you are flying through the book and no doubt enjoying it also, that's great for your mindset it make's you want to keep progressing It's funny, when i was a smoker my first thought in the morning was that i need a cig pronto. But after listening to the mp3 version of the book, it would be 5,6,7pm before i realised that i hadn't smoked today!! It change's your perception
DEMO finds this awesome.
Lvl 27
Indeed Welshman, it has changed my entire perception,especially to te fact I'm not really giving up cigarettes, but I'm regaining a freedom I honestly don't remember ever having seeing as though I have smoked for so long.
[Deleted], Davey45 find this awesome.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by DEMO

Last cigarette is done, and I'm happy to say, I am a non-smoker
Of all my attempts to quit this damn habit, or addiction, or whatever you want to call it, ive never felt so calm and relaxed about it as I do now

Do forgive me i've taken a slight liberty with a cheeky edit of your post

There's been some fantastic advice in this thread and hopefully that will continue, for now i hear my bed is calling me and i love my bed So i bid thee nos da :p
Lvl 27
So yeah, like so many times before, I made it a whole 5 hours...

Time to read my book again, and I probably won't be updating this thread any longer,

Gonna just lock it and go on about my business.

But I am truly grateful for all that have shown their support.

I'm just to frustrated at this point to continue updating this thread

Lvl 27
OK, got my mind right yesterday, just needed some time to myself to get my frustration in check...

And since, have gone a very happy 26 hours without a cigarette
Davey45, [Deleted], jenngurl23 find this awesome.
Lvl 8
AWesome. Don't give up if you slip. Just start over again.
DEMO finds this awesome.
Like I said before...our success is measured by our failures, so if you slip, its just a minor setback. Don't beat yourself up, just admit that you're not perfect, get up, and try again. Eventually you'll get it. Luck has nothing to do with it, so I won't wish you good luck.

Keep at it Demo!
DEMO, F1098 find this awesome.
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Davey45
AWesome. Don't give up if you slip. Just start over again.

That's exactly what I did

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie
Like I said before...our success is measured by our failures, so if you slip, its just a minor setback. Don't beat yourself up, just admit that you're not perfect, get up, and try again. Eventually you'll get it. Luck has nothing to do with it, so I won't wish you good luck.

Keep at it Demo!

Correct, luck has nothing to do with it, and the exact thing I had to do is to quit beating myself up, after that, it's been pretty smooth sailing, with only small wave or two...
Lvl 27
Day 2 smoke free

Still coughing when I wake up, but, I've been told it's not nearly as bad a cough as it was...

Also seen my dad yesterday, he looked at me like I was nuts, when I was laughing and joking with him, all the while telling him I hadn't had a cig in more than 24 hours.he's seen me try to quit before
jenngurl23, F1098, [Deleted] find this awesome.
Lvl 8
You're gonna start coughing up a lot of stuff in the coming days. When you give your lungs a break from all the smoke, they get a chance to start healing and you hack up a bunch of phlegm.
DEMO finds this awesome.
Lvl 4
Every time you get the urge to smoke look at Sugarpies avatar. Stare at it. You won't think about anything but that hot little honey riding your boner back and forth. Up and down.....
DEMO finds this awesome.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by NightCruiser

Every time you get the urge to smoke look at Sugarpies avatar. Stare at it. You won't think about anything but that hot little honey riding your boner back and forth. Up and down.....

Demo it's great that you're quickly trying again, never be too hard on yourself for trying to improve things for yourself. I recommended that with the continued improvement of your tastebuds, that you give them a tasty meal every day.
There's some great advice on this page.

Edited because of a comment that i think with hindsight was tasteless sorry SugarPie.
* This post has been modified : 10 years ago
DEMO finds this awesome.
Lvl 27
Welshman, we had pork chops for dinner, used a rub on them earlier in the day and let them sit for about 6 hours before cooking, now that was a treat for my tastebuds

Now on the other hand, I have also been, even for just 2 days, smelling all kinds of odors, both good and bad, that for years, I hadn't even been aware existed
Lvl 16
had a heart attack 12 years ago was a 2 pack a day smoker quit cold turkey never looked back 7 years earlier i quit drinking that was by far the hardest and still yo this day i wou;d like a cold beer but have stayed away good luck on your quitting
DEMO finds this awesome.
  • Goto: