rate this

Belly Surfing is just sexual innuendo about lesbian shenanigans, right? SPAM

Starter: hydrahead Posted: 10 years ago Views: 65.5K
  • Goto:
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros
The population of the US in Canadas:

[Image]

We're not the breeding type. I blame all the gay marriages.
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

We're not the breeding type. I blame all the gay marriages.

I'd go with that we are just more exclusive with an awesome prejudice (I believe more cubic feet or whatever per person than any other country?)
Lvl 27
We focus on quality not quantity!
Lvl 8
The number of Canadas around here grows exponentially during the winter months.
Lvl 27
Yeah, in the winter Florida practically becomes Canada.
Lvl 8
I don't particularly mind though. They pay ridiculous amounts of taxes on their second homes and tend to buy up a lot of stuff from local merchants. I don't work in the food service industry so the lack of tips doesn't concern me.
Lvl 27
I'm trying to eat healthier so I don't go out to eat anymore but when I did I would tip 15% and still got criticized for over tipping at times.
Lvl 8
I'm not sure if the tipping etiquette is the same in all the provinces? Do service industry people actually make a wage up there? I know in Florida, they make somewhere around $4 per hour and that's only after they recently raised the minimum service wage. When I was in school my friends who waited tables and tended bar made about $2 per hour and most of it went to taxes on their tips. 15% is generally considered the minimum for good service. If the service is bad less is acceptable.
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by Davey45
I'm not sure if the tipping etiquette is the same in all the provinces? Do service industry people actually make a wage up there? I know in Florida, they make somewhere around $4 per hour and that's only after they recently raised the minimum service wage. When I was in school my friends who waited tables and tended bar made about $2 per hour and most of it went to taxes on their tips. 15% is generally considered the minimum for good service. If the service is bad less is acceptable.

It depends on the country. In most countries in Europe, service is included in the bill. So you're not really forced to put a tip and when you do, it's just a little extra, like 2 euros (and pretty much never in bars or fast foods). However, the waiters are paid like an employee.
Quote:
Originally posted by Davey45

In Canada they do make a wage...usually minimum wage, which varies from one provence to the next, ranging from $9.75 to $11 per hour. However there is a different rate if you are serving liquor, and it can start as low as $8.75.

Now as far as tipping goes, I think in my generation anyway, its fairly customary to leave 15% if the service is sorta normal and 20% if its good. I will say that in my experience, service in the US is WAAAAAAAY better than it is in Canada and I have no problem tipping 20% there. So is that considered a bad tip there?? The older generation probably tips about 10% I'd say. And if service is shitty, I know lots of people who leave nothing.

Durring special events like The Calgary Stampede...which is basically a 10 day drinking fest I lots of people who get serving jobs at bars, and its not uncommon to have $1000 or more nights. I used to bartend, and my best night ever I made almost $1200 in tips.
Lvl 27
That sounds about right. Some restaurants here automatically add a %15 gratuity to the bill. I once had to make up the difference at one of those places because some cheap coworkers didn't pay the gratuity.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

Now as far as tipping goes, I think in my generation anyway, its fairly customary to leave 15% if the service is sorta normal and 20% if its good. I will say that in my experience, service in the US is WAAAAAAAY better than it is in Canada and I have no problem tipping 20% there. So is that considered a bad tip there?? The older generation probably tips about 10% I'd say. And if service is shitty, I know lots of people who leave nothing.

20% is pretty good here. No server should ever complain if they are consistently getting 20%. If service is adequate, I usually leave between 15-20%. If the service is great 20%+. If the service sucks I leave a small tip. As in "No, I didn't forget to tip, I just think you did a crappy job so here's a crappy tip". That rarely happens though.

Yes, bartenders can really rake it in here too. I have a buddy who worked in a very busy nightclub and would make an easy $800-900 on a Friday or Saturday night. Now, he worked from 10 PM to around 6 AM so the hours and overall stress of working there got to him after a while. Even in smaller places bartenders usually do pretty well. An average shift in a generic but busy sports bar should make you around $150-$200. I know a few people that are still waiting tables or bar tending well into their 30's because the cash is hard to walk away from.
Goldseeker finds this awesome.
I'm stuck in Philly. Where's 'dros???
Lvl 19
Hiding ?
He's a smart man. :-p
Lvl 59
There are worse places to be stuck than Philly.

There are lots of better places too.
jenngurl23 finds this awesome.
Lvl 27
There might be a place in California that would be better than Philly
Lvl 25
So on a technically competitor website [that also supplies like two-thirds of the content here], one girl posted some gifs of herself. Not bad, wouldn't kick out of bed. But one of the top comments was, "that is one big ass pussy." Of course the girl replied that she wasn't sure if that was an insult or a compliment. Word to the wise, never make size comments about vaginas.

Lvl 59
Oh: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/08/baby-monitor-hacking-alarms-houston-parents/#.Ugp13DOXJ-I.twitter
Lvl 27
That's disturbing.
  • Goto: