Ask a cam girl

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 11 years ago Views: 20.4K
  • Goto:
Lvl 37
Romanian wimmin are hot!
Lvl 9
Settle down TK

i know nothing about this business.
Do you work from home? Do you cam in your bedroom?
Does the site you work for keep track of your earnings or can you fudge tips like a waitress?
Lvl 10
i’ve always thought strippers and camgirls would almost necessarily develop a bad attitude toward men simply by the nature of their jobs. that some don’t is in a strange way encouraging. this has been a really interesting thread.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by ThreadKiller

wimmin are hot!

Fixed.

DON'T BE A BIGOT TK!
Lvl 5
Quote:
Originally posted by katje

Does the site you work for keep track of your earnings or can you fudge tips like a waitress?

to go a little further with this question...
Since the guys/gals that pay you are from all over the country/world, do you have to pay multiple state taxes and fees when Uncle sam comes to take his rediculously large cut? Is there a setup where you get a paycheck in the mail with taxes already taken out, or do you have a, say, paypal account or something like that, that you can just draw money out of whenever you please. Is there some kind of a capital gain tax if you make x amount of scratch? I used to own/operate a booby bar(I sold it because of the mini depression the US went thru the last couple of years) and all my regular girls would lie sooooooooooooooo much about what they made and how they made it but there was never any proof of what they made, or how they made it....so it was like free money. Your income, being as it is on the net, has to be tracked...right??
Quote:
Originally posted by DEMO

My woman is half Romanian, this thread made me sad

I didn't mean to broadbrush. Sorry.

They just do a lot of stuff, for (in my opinion) very little money.
Quote:
Originally posted by katje

Settle down TK

I'll combine your questions and Roastbeef's questions into one answer if thats ok.

I do work from home, you can really work from anywhere if you choose. There are some women that do their camming from their cars even. Some women choose to work for a studio, so essentially they work for someone else, like a real job.

Yeah, the site keeps a very detailed record of earning, and you can't fudge your tips at all. All tips are done through the website, and the company takes a percentage, so unless someone sends me a tip outside of the website, there is no way for the company not to know my earnings.

There is a real grey area when it comes to taxes, and it could be interesting to see what happens in the future. The website is based out of the US, and we get paid in US dollars, but we don't all live and/or work in the US. The company stays out of by simply not deducting any thing, and letting us figure it out. So if you likve in the US, you should be paying all your applicable taxes to the State and Feds, if you live in Romania, you should be doing the same to the Romanian government. Pay is sent in a variety of different ways, depending on where you live. I receive an actual check in the mail.

Hope that answers all the money related questions.
Quote:
Originally posted by txstroker

i’ve always thought strippers and camgirls would almost necessarily develop a bad attitude toward men simply by the nature of their jobs. that some don’t is in a strange way encouraging. this has been a really interesting thread.

I think if you let it get to you, let the derogatory comments happen, rather than taking charge and choosing not to accept that behaviour, then its possible to develop a bad attitude.
Lvl 19
Quote:
Originally posted by CamgirlX

I didn't mean to broadbrush. Sorry.

They just do a lot of stuff, for (in my opinion) very little money.

Not the ones I know.
Lvl 5
Quote:

I'll combine your questions and Roastbeef's questions into one answer if thats ok.

I do work from home, you can really work from anywhere if you choose. There are some women that do their camming from their cars even. Some women choose to work for a studio, so essentially they work for someone else, like a real job.

Yeah, the site keeps a very detailed record of earning, and you can't fudge your tips at all. All tips are done through the website, and the company takes a percentage, so unless someone sends me a tip outside of the website, there is no way for the company not to know my earnings.

There is a real grey area when it comes to taxes, and it could be interesting to see what happens in the future. The website is based out of the US, and we get paid in US dollars, but we don't all live and/or work in the US. The company stays out of by simply not deducting any thing, and letting us figure it out. So if you likve in the US, you should be paying all your applicable taxes to the State and Feds, if you live in Romania, you should be doing the same to the Romanian government. Pay is sent in a variety of different ways, depending on where you live. I receive an actual check in the mail.

Hope that answers all the money related questions.

It does indeed...thank you.
Lvl 9
Yes, thank you for a detailed response.
I worked my way through school as a waitress.
I may not have reported all my tips.
Lvl 28
Have you ever heard of any shady goingson at your site?

Like credit card shenanigans or anything..or is it on the up and up?
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Not that I've heard about. Actually, I have a premium account and if anything, they're too strict with rules, and will lock your account if they notice even small discrepancies such as logging in from a different IP or using a proxy.
are you ever scared of it haunting you in the future?
Quote:
Originally posted by ramsann

are you ever scared of it haunting you in the future?

All the time. :/
Lvl 19
Quote:

Not that I've heard about. Actually, I have a premium account and if anything, they're too strict with rules, and will lock your account if they notice even small discrepancies such as logging in from a different IP or using a proxy.

most consumers appreciate strict rules, especially at sites that have auto login.
Lvl 19
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

I don't know specifically which site this is, but, at the one I've been on recently, it's all third party billing (CCBill, for one), and no cc numbers are stored, so shenanigans would be highly unlikely.
Down side about camming. - Weird hours. 4 am and not really tired.
You can work whenever you want around the clock, can't you? That would be nice, sleep when you're tired and work when you're awake.
Quote:
Originally posted by scrog

You can work whenever you want around the clock, can't you? That would be nice, sleep when you're tired and work when you're awake.

I can, its just sometimes tough to keep a social life if you have weird hours. Also, there is lots of competition at certain times of the day.
  • Goto: