Score: 3.35 Votes: 23
rate this

New look

Starter: Allen_Bradley Posted: 11 years ago Views: 31.3K
  • Goto:
Lvl 20
when i click on upload more nothing happend and when i want to see some pic access is denied to this object ?
Quote:
Originally posted by shurakine
when i click on upload more nothing happend and when i want to see some pic access is denied to this object ?

There are two ways to upload pics; either from the drop down menu under Babes or from your profile, are you getting the problem on both links?

Is it every picture that you can't see, or just certain ones. Please provide a link for an example of a picture you can't see.
Lvl 20
Thanks & congrats to Diz-X and the team for the new look!
Lvl 20
every pic i want to see cant access is denied to this object and both ways i try nothing ...
Quote:
every pic i want to see cant access is denied to this object and both ways i try nothing ...

Do you get an error when trying to upload, or just a blank screen? What browser are you using?

Also. please post examples of pics that you can not see. And describe what happens. You can see the the thumbnail I'll assume, and then when you click on it, do you get an error, is it a blank screen, or do you get some other message?
Lvl 19
I've adjusted very quickly to the new interface, and, a big plus is the noticeable increase in speed over the last couple of days.
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

I don't know, but I remember having a conversation on the Beta version about how highly-starred threads would earn people credits/rewards. Not sure if it was ever implemented or how it's currently working though.

There is actually a suggestion to add a "thank" button for each post so that people get rewarded not only for starting a thread.
Lvl 20
first pic is from every pic i try to look that show me and another is from upload option and when i click on upload nothing happend cant even select picture to upload i use chrome
Lvl 14
not sure of the new look, i find it much slower operating, and i liked the arrow on the pics on the old system which enlarged them bigger, this system you need to wait and open a new page. Also I don't see "watchlist" is it gone or maybe i just can't find it yet?
Lvl 10
Diz-X is a programmer not a designer. For all the hard work he doesn't understand what
users' favorites are. The Home page is a mess! Perhaps he should have taken a pole with
an alpha release or waited until all the old functions were added and performance tweeked
to release the new system. This isn't just getting used to a new design, users are really annoyed
at the new site. I will bet views/hits are down. That's why pros roll out pilots before a full release
and use designer/analysts. It's a shame to see such a Top-Notch sit damaged like this but that why
so few businesses are 100 years old. I really hope Diz-X turns it around.
Lvl 70
Quote:
first pic is from every pic i try to look that show me and another is from upload option and when i click on upload nothing happend cant even select picture to upload i use chrome

For the second pic. Were you uploading a zip ?

Quote:
Originally posted by carney456
not sure of the new look, i find it much slower operating, and i liked the arrow on the pics on the old system which enlarged them bigger, this system you need to wait and open a new page. Also I don't see "watchlist" is it gone or maybe i just can't find it yet?

Quick view is back (just mouse over a thumb and click on the magnifying glass on the top left corner).
The watchlist is now called "favorites".
* This post has been modified : 11 years ago
Quote:

Again, I please request that you post a link of a picture that you can't view.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

Again, I please request that you post a link of a picture that you can't view.

You are trying to upload a picture or watch picture in the gallery?
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

You are trying to upload a picture or watch picture in the gallery?

He says he's having problems with both.
Lvl 15
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by meem
- Speed: it differs. Right now the pages are loading fast (Page processed in 0.0293 seconds). Other times it's crawling.
Do you get this as often as you did a week ago? I had the same issues, but for me it continues to get better every day.

It is not as often as a week ago. Overall the speed has improved. But as I write this, it is really slow with sometimes a "Page not found". Reload and the page is there. Also, on the bottom on a page is says for example "Page processed in 3.6564 seconds". But in fact it takes like 6 seconds.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by meem

It is not as often as a week ago. Overall the speed has improved. But as I write this, it is really slow with sometimes a "Page not found". Reload and the page is there. Also, on the bottom on a page is says for example "Page processed in 3.6564 seconds". But in fact it takes like 6 seconds.

The page not found issues seem to be weird, as this couldn't happen anymore on the current way the database work. Only way this could happen is when database connection fails.. So i really need to look into this, and try to improve performance and other stuff.

Our database server uses 4x SSD's with RAID 1+0, so binlog/slow query low wasn't possible. Luckly the normal HDD came in last week and we can look into what queries cause the biggest problems. Hopefully this will help resolve the issues at hand.

Again to everybody i am sorry for the painful transaction to the new site.

Yours,
Lvl 40
All uploaded pics show only "access is denied to this object" when logged in...
forum search doesn´t work
forum favorites doesn´t update
Quote:
Originally posted by Spete1777
Diz-X is a programmer not a designer. For all the hard work he doesn't understand what
users' favorites are. The Home page is a mess! Perhaps he should have taken a pole with
an alpha release or waited until all the old functions were added and performance tweeked
to release the new system. This isn't just getting used to a new design, users are really annoyed
at the new site. I will bet views/hits are down. That's why pros roll out pilots before a full release
and use designer/analysts. It's a shame to see such a Top-Notch sit damaged like this but that why
so few businesses are 100 years old. I really hope Diz-X turns it around.

There were both an alpha and a beta release, and everyone had the opportunity to view the beta and make comments....very few did, and now everyone is complaining about the look, and missing features. Yes, there have been unexpected bugs, and that really sucks, but if you're mad that your favorite feature is missing, you have no one to blame but yourself, for not speaking up earlier. Now Diz is working his ass putting features back into the site that everyone was too lazy too mention they missed in the beta...or were too lazy to check out in the first place.
Lvl 36
Quote:

There were both an alpha and a beta release, and everyone had the opportunity to view the beta and make comments....very few did, and now everyone is complaining about the look, and missing features. Yes, there have been unexpected bugs, and that really sucks, but if you're mad that your favorite feature is missing, you have no one to blame but yourself, for not speaking up earlier. Now Diz is working his ass putting features back into the site that everyone was too lazy too mention they missed in the beta...or were too lazy to check out in the first place.

Yes, most of us were too lazy to check out the changes. We were too busy enjoying the site as it was. Unfortunately, I imagine a significant number of people will abandon WBW. I don't care for many of the changes, but I'm pretty sure if I speak up it wouldn't matter. Change has happened, the future is here.
Lvl 60
There's a lot that I like about the new site and some that I think could be improved. Off the top of my head, what I like: I am getting used to the new look and how you navigate. I like that the site seems to be more customizable. I like that you can choose some of the premium content in a more piecemeal fashion with your credits now. I like the uploading as well- it seems easier and more efficient. And I think that the advanced reply options are more accessible (although I haven't used that much yet). And I also like that all of the emoticons aren't listed all the time at the bottom. It usually wasn't an issue, but it sometimes caused the site to load slowly (at least that's what I think was doing it). And I'm sure there's more - that's just what I have off-hand.

There are some things I think could be better, or at least I would prefer changes (and yes, I realize we could check this all out before the site became live - I didn't spend as much time checking it out as I could have and some of this I didn't notice when I did). My biggest thing at the moment is that I really dislike that when you view a picture, the default is to cycle through by category, rather than chronologically. I know I could look through the pictures using the archives function, but I don't think that's nearly as good. I could just as easily cycle through by category using the category function. When you use the archive function, you still will hit the premium content, which I'd rather not do unless I'm seeking it out.

The front page is still jumbled to me. It looks too busy on my PC and it isn't all that clear what you are clicking into before you click into it.

Also, the favorites now seem to be sorted by the date they were added to the favorites folder, rather than chronologically. I think that makes it a lot harder fo find something, unless you are looking for something recently added. Otherwise, there isn't anything else to go by if you're looking for something in particular.

I also wish there was still some kind of points system. I'm not sure of the reason for eliminating that. I get that having the +/- 2 when viewing a pic in the gallery was causing problems with the site, so that's why that feature became a +/- 1 instead, but it woudl be nice to have that feature back.

And do you not earn credits by reporting pics anymore? I guess it's fine either way. Just curious about that one.
  • Goto: