Score: 4.47 Votes: 19
rate this

How about this for video hosting..

Starter: GrungeMedia Posted: 17 years ago Views: 49.2K
  • Goto:
Lvl 9
I own a few servers with a massive amount of space and bandwidth, I can allocate about 400GB space and 4TB bandwidth on it for you guys if you'd like, no charge. I just HATE RapidShare . Would you guys be willing to adapt to an uploading system which I would make and host myself for your videos?

I would not put any annoying "Bot Codes" like "Type this here to download" or wait times. Just a straight uploader and downloader.

I want to ask here first before just telling people to use it, because I dont want my posts to seem like spam.

Let me know, if I get the OK, I'll go ahead and make it and give you guys the link, I'll also make it so uploads are anonymous and no registration will be required to upload or download.

Thanks.

Your local Anti-RapidShare Activist,
Pyro (GrungeMedia)
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 6
sounds great i hate rapidshare
Lvl 12
Ditto^^^^^^
Lvl 37
Im not a fan of RS either, but how can you hate it so much that you are willing to give that much "hardware" up for the good of WBW?? Don't you get anything out of it at all?? Hate to say it but it sound a bit fishy to me...
Lvl 6
if mods don't care but i'ma check it out
Lvl 9
Neh, I host my own sites on the servers, and I pay for the space and bandwidth, even the space and bandwidth that doesn't get used. I could put a little banner ad on top of the download page or something for a bit of change on the side, but in the long run, it would just be for the hell of it. And don't trip, I don't like pop ups and stuff, so I wouldnt subject you to them either. I figure, I've got a bunch of space extra on my server, why not make some use of it, if it goes well on here, I'll offer it to other forums as well.

PS: Although I have that much space and bandwidth left per month, I highly doubt you guys would end up using that much in the long run, I mean it is seriously a lot of space and bandwidth, lol. Not exactly easy to use up.
Lvl 27
I like the idea, but I think this would be a question best answered by Diz, fefe, or one of the movie forum mods.
Lvl 9
Yeah, it's cool, I'm currently working on another one of my sites and wouldn't be able to actually set this thing up until tomorrow or the next day anyway. I can wait for a mod to come on. :P If you have any questions as to why I'm doing this (though I have pretty much said it all) or the techs of it or anything you want to know that you think might make this fishy or something, let me know. I can tell you straight up, there will be a banner ad on top of the downlaod page, but that's all I get out of it. Really. lol. Just trying to help out.
Lvl 13
that would be really cool
Lvl 4
anything has gotta be better than rapidshare
Lvl 15
I dont know, I see a lot of this happening...

Lvl 9
Haha, yeah. I found a nice little script that allows file hosting and such, I'm working with it now, if all goes well, I'll have a preview for you guys to try out pretty soon.
Lvl 29
sounds pretty good, pm me the upload link and i'll try it out.
Lvl 7
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by GrungeMedia

Your local Anti-RapidShare Activist,
Pyro (GrungeMedia)

I'm on your side, dude.
Lvl 9
Yeah, I am currently upping the max post size limit, once that is done I will put up the URL. And once ad revenue reaches $10 I'll set up a real .com domain for it as well. I am a little scared about the bandwidth too! I didn't realize how active this place was! Oh well, the more the merrier I guess. haha. We'll see how well my servers hold up. I'm gonna stick this one through... no pun intended.
Lvl 7
i hate rapidshare
Lvl 9
haha, don't we all. It's annoying because nomatter how much people openly express how much they hate it, everyone on the planet still seems to use it! lol. Hopefully I'll change that, even if on a small scale.
Lvl 9
Ok, I believe this should work:

http://upload.grungemedia.com/index.php

Again, once this gains some usage I'll look into buying it a domain name. For now it is ad free, except a text link to my forums. We all need a little promo, join up if you'd like.

Let me know how this works for you!
-Pyro (GrungeMedia)

Uhh yeah, URL was greylisted, looks like you won't be able to use it TOO soon. :P
Lvl 25
Ok I'm uploading a certain video, I'll let u know how I get on
  • Goto: