Score: 4.47 Votes: 19
rate this

How about this for video hosting..

Starter: GrungeMedia Posted: 17 years ago Views: 49.2K
  • Goto:
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by GrungeMedia

I took off the ads and just put up a donation link, I think it's more appropriate then ads, since the whole reason for the site was to get away from the annoyances of RapidShare, including ads. So yeah. Ad free! :P

you concluded the ads didnt pay as much as you thought in the beginning
try using one that pays out on raw clicks.

nj tho

i was thinking, i could use about 8gb space (1 file would be 500mb) . Is there a way you can set up an account for paying members , i would pay you a 10$ a month for having a private account if i can only access those 8gb... .
meh it sounds complicated.
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 9
Nah, the ads pay fine, I own a ton of sites already, and most of my revenue comes from one site, so I figure, this isn't a site, it's a project, why f**k it up with ads when it's whole purpose it to get away from ads? It was a stupid thought. I could have easily made the whole thing revenue based by setting up the download timer and having a center ad while you waited, a-la Rapidshare, as that is how the script was written, but I actually edited the ad code not to do that.

About hosting, I could give you a 10GB FTP account on one of my servers for $10 a month. No problem. PM me if you want to.
Lvl 8
thats the thing i already have tons of ftp accounts
but what i'm looking for is a something like your site but with a private section into it, so i can set up usernames and with a pw for one day orso and hand it out to someone to acces the files. But i'm afraid its to complicated, i'll probably start looking for it in 2 weeks when i got time for it.
Lvl 9
I can allow you to password protect files. I'm not sure about usernames, but you could jsut give them the password to the file. Though I can look into the username part. Is this good?
Just tried downloading a few files and its working great for me :-)
Currently getting about 30KB/sec on each of two simultaneous d/ls on a 2Meg broadband connection - could be better but I'm sure as hell not complaining! 30K/sec is perfectly acceptable to me, and its free and ad-free, so good on you GrungeMedia :-)
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by GrungeMedia

I can allow you to password protect files. I'm not sure about usernames, but you could jsut give them the password to the file. Though I can look into the username part. Is this good?

nah don't trouble yourself, i also have 250 gb hosting space etc but i just didnt want to give ftp passwords to ppl to acces the space. and winrar files are easy to crack. But i'll look or a php version that can do it.
Lvl 9
Not winrar, like, you upload via FTP, then when they go to the http:// address, they have to put in a password to access the files. I can set up usernames and passwords that way.
Lvl 64
does anybody use this anymore?
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by broomstick

does anybody use this anymore?

I with they would. There is no reason to use rapidshare.
Lvl 11
Well i like it, but i've only got one issue, its not a problem and im not complaining, but it would be great if you could arrange the files so that you can change there order so you could have them in upload order, things like that.
Other than that, its great.

Steve
Lvl 14
Just the initiative used in setting up this whole thing reminds me that we still live in a society. Fucking great work.
Lvl 4
Maybe one of the mods could post a permanent link to this on the front page or something. Or even a sticky, this is real good why use rapidshit or myslowfilehost
Lvl 9
I think that would be great, as the site has basically lost all usage, it got a good 250GB usage in a month and then just stopped all together with a few downloads a day. With that first month I know it is useful, it's just people are forgetting about it. It's still there, it's still free, and it's still hassle-free.
Lvl 11
nice work, the only thing I could think of is to associate screen caps with the links
Lvl 14
hey its a GO for me
Lvl 8
Thanks GrudgeMedia, you are very kind to offer this.
Lvl 8
[URL]http://upload.grungemedia.com/408Pussy Trick.wmv[/URL]
Lvl 13
Yeah I check it every time I log on to my computer. Only a couple small requests. 1: Can you organise a thumbnail so that I can see what I am about to download (not very interested in a picture of a keyboard).
2: Any files over 20 mbs cost me too much to download. 3: One of the files just about crashed my computer.
(how about some form of moderating files ?). Don't get me wrong I have downloaded just about every file you have posted. Keep them coming.
Lvl 8
[URL]http://upload.grungemedia.com/503Pussy Trick 2.wmv[/URL]
Lvl 5
I must start by saying that I have never posted anything on WBW but have been a member for about a year and have looked at too many pages to speak of or admit. I also have had to put up with RS bullshit and love your service and when I get money in my Pay Pal account I would be elated to send you some for your time and great service
  • Goto: