Score: 5.00 Votes: 13
rate this

Exploring Your Local Area...(Urban Exploration) *Updated Again, Now With More Such*

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 15 years ago Views: 14.3K
  • Goto:
Lvl 10
Quote:
Originally posted by HarleyXLH

And what did you do with the boys?
We attempted to find old stuff, like beds or couches. I can recall that we sometimes went beyond holding hands.
Lvl 28
I had put this on the back burner a little, summer is keeping me pretty busy at the moment.

I checked out the old school house I wanted to get into, and it was boarded up pretty damn good. I was telling my sister about it, and apparently she works with a girl, and her husband owns it and he's a carpenter, and he's made it fairly impenetrable.

In fact, I have a pic I took, I'll post it shortly.

It doesn't matter though, that old school house is the next place I'm getting into....I want in that fucker, bad.
Lvl 22
Do It!

I just got back from my latest adventure

I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow!!

(almost no injuries this time)
Lvl 22
i found some of the abandoned mine shafts last weekend, but forgot to grab the camera b4 i left.

Az (hang)
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by azdesertrat

i found some of the abandoned mine shafts last weekend, but forgot to grab the camera b4 i left.

Az (hang)

God damnit, sir....you need to stop hanging out with that stoner RD.

Oh well...hopefully next time man.

@Notech: Sweet man, I'm looking forward to them...I'll post mine today too, the one I took while scouting.
Lvl 22
Well the adventure begins with a little narrative.
This was a lumber mill site for as long as I can remember,it was closed about 20 years ago.
The area that these pics show was log stacks so high that you couldn't see those mountains and all
of that space was filled with logs. They kept them there for years to season. Then they would head to the mill
to be cut into lumber, then the lumber was sent to tomorrows pics.
Anyway just these two to night.

(chick takes to long to load and post in a timely manner)
Lvl 28
Looking forward to the rest No-dawg.
Lvl 22
@ Hon-dawg, where's your promised pics? lol
Lvl 28
Shit, I forgot actually.

Like I said, it's just the one of the outside...but I'll post it tomorrow. Sorry about that.
Lvl 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Shit, I forgot actually.

Like I said, it's just the one of the outside...but I'll post it tomorrow. Sorry about that.
now i don't feel so bad.

Az
Lvl 28
Jerk..

Here it is. Whoever owns it went to great lengths to make it practically impenetrable. There is a window in that white thing on the front, to the right of it.

What we would do is climb up onto it, and then boost each other up to the other level...and then move left into the window. But even it's boarded up now. I want in it...but even the windows you can't even get to are boarded up.

It doesn't look that big, but it's fucking massive...and inside is soooo awesome.
Lvl 22
Use a wrecking bar

and if you need quiet, cover the opening with a blanket!
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by notech

Use a wrecking bar

and if you need quiet, cover the opening with a blanket!

Well, I'm honestly trying to avoid actually forcing my way in anywhere...and where I took the picture from is the parking lot of an apartment building...so, I would have to be extremely quiet.

I think I might give it a shot on Sunday though...since I'm made of win.
Lvl 22
Which reminds me. I semi won this time,I found the hole before falling into it!
But, I did step on a nail (yes,I got my tetanus shot that night)so I guess it's only semi Win.

also this is a test for resizing pics on uploading.
I'm not a fan yet of thumbs from chick (it takes to long)
Lvl 7
Quote:
Originally posted by RogueLeader

Yeah... If there's one thing St. Louis is full of is abandoned buildings... I've been wanting to take pictures, but the weather has been crappy lately. And one of the areas I wanted to do a photo study on was "Slums of STL". I'll see if I can get out this weekend. Some of them are in rather dangerous areas, though... (like marcell1001 said, Heroin / Drug addicts, crack whores etc.) so I might need to bring a long a bodyguard on some expeditions And I am not physically able to jump fences and explore dangerous areas, so my pics will be from the outside.

BTW... before I start trying to hotlink stuff and look like a complete n00b, does anyone know if I can hotlink pics I upload to my Flickr album here?

I can vouch for that. My bride is from Belleville, IL. Try East StL some time. Talk about a sad state of affairs. It was a booming industrial area 70-80 years ago and now it's abandoned and dilapidated.
Lvl 7
Quote:
Originally posted by WindyM

...We attempted to find old stuff, like beds or couches. I can recall that we sometimes went beyond holding hands.

I remember going out to a wooded area behind my childhood home with some girls and messing around. Nothing more than french kiss or a grab of the ass. No sex.
Lvl 22
hey, honda!! more pics to come, but while looking at my Az ghost town pics i took on saturday for this thread, i came across these 2 pics taken just seconds apart at the old Courtland, Az train station that was abandoned & dismantled about 100 years ago. the 2nd one has a green apparition!! good thing i forgot my camera last week!!

Az
Lvl 22
the pics didn't load
Lvl 22
Lvl 22
well, my S-I-L just pointed out that the green apparition is in the first pic, too. it was moving.

Az
  • Goto: