Score: 4.33 Votes: 6
rate this

The WBW NEWS forum

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 10 years ago Views: 17.3K
  • Goto:
I luv being able to have the debate bout current events. And some of us, namely me getting a little bit to passionate bout it. I am sorry I jus care so much bout things going on.
Goldseeker finds this awesome.
Lvl 15
http://m.theantimedia.org/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftheantimedia.org%2Fmonsanto-preventing-gmo-labeling-at-any-cost%2F#2792
SydneySinbad finds this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by Goldseeker
[Link]

Your above link doesn't work for me.

Also, there is a rule in this thread that you have to post a brief description of what the new article is about.

Lastly, the link previous to this didn't work either (took you to facebook before on to youtube) and it wasn't a news article, it was an almost 2 hour long documentary about the dangers about GMO's. This isn't NEWS or CURRENT EVENTS. If you want to start your own thread on how bad GMO's are, thats fine, I'd just appreciate it if you followed the rules in my thread.
Lvl 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

Your above link doesn't work for me.

Also, there is a rule in this thread that you have to post a brief description of what the new article is about.

Lastly, the link previous to this didn't work either (took you to facebook before on to youtube) and it wasn't a news article, it was an almost 2 hour long documentary about the dangers about GMO's. This isn't NEWS or CURRENT EVENTS. If you want to start your own thread on how bad GMO's are, thats fine, I'd just appreciate it if you followed the rules in my thread.

As you wish.
March Against Monsanto. May 24th everywhere
I thought it was current news
Quote:
Originally posted by Goldseeker
As you wish.
March Against Monsanto. May 24th everywhere
I thought it was current news

No, current news would be a story on the march itself, or if there was specific new bit of information in the documentary you posted.
Lvl 70
Quote:
No, current news would be a story on the march itself, or if there was specific new bit of information in the documentary you posted.

Isn't "Monsanto: Preventing GMO Labeling At Any Cost" a news ? And it's from April 11, 2014.
The link works but it shows how the article would display on a mobile phone which is not the best if you are on the computer.
Here's a the original link : http://theantimedia.org/monsanto-preventing-gmo-labeling-at-any-cost/

And yes, Monsanto is pretty much evil at this point.
Geologists link earthquakes to fracking. Deny the existence of an ancient race of dragons rising from underground as a silly rumor started by the competition.
* This post has been modified : 2 years ago
Lvl 6
Well... shit, so Reign of Fire was wrong? I liked that movie...
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh
Isn't "Monsanto: Preventing GMO Labeling At Any Cost" a news ? And it's from April 11, 2014.
The link works but it shows how the article would display on a mobile phone which is not the best if you are on the computer.
Here's a the original link :[Link]

And yes, Monsanto is pretty much evil at this point.

While I agree that Monsanto is the devil, I would NEVER post a story from a site that has this to say.

From the Anti Media's Website:
Quote:
The Anti-Media offers a new paradigm, a bottom up approach for real, unbiased, reporting where we the people are the journalists and editors.
This is a great opportunity for people that want to report the news, people that are already producing content for their own sites, radio shows, video news shows, live streaming shows, and photo journalists to tap into a large and quickly growing audience of awakened individuals and activists from around the world.

Its not reliable news, its an activists point of view.
Lvl 24
Quote:

While I agree that Monsanto is the devil, I would NEVER post a story from a site that has this to say.

From the Anti Media's Website:

Its not reliable news, its an activists point of view.

So what's the difference between a certified, glorified, real-life journalist for CNN or Fox and an "activist"? Besides salary?

Education and degrees become worthless pretty quickly when you get told just what news to report, and how to report it.

Not saying I'm in favor of that site, but to dismiss it simply because they don't submit articles to USA Today or go to Columbia's School of Journalism seems... overly critical.
Because an activist will only have one point of view and is not open to other points of view, regardless of evidence, and generally there is no news story. Did you read he last article posted? Do you think thats impartial reporting? Say what you will about CNN, Fox, and the other major news networks, they may have a particular slant on the very little news they do report, but its way more unbiased than an activists point of view. And I've said many times in various threads on WBW, infotainment programs like Bill O'Reilly, Gretchen Carlson, Anderson Cooper, and Piers Morgan are not news. They are opinion based talk shows, its not news reporting. Their website news is a little better because generally its more factual based and less opinion based.
Lvl 25
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27017873
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanzen
[Link]

Well... that's pleasant.
WTF...how would the husband not know? Also...she hadn't lived there for the last 3 years...but left 7 dead babies in boxes? Jesus people are sick.
Lvl 70
Quote:
Because an activist will only have one point of view and is not open to other points of view, regardless of evidence, and generally there is no news story. Did you read he last article posted? Do you think thats impartial reporting? Say what you will about CNN, Fox, and the other major news networks, they may have a particular slant on the very little news they do report, but its way more unbiased than an activists point of view. And I've said many times in various threads on WBW, infotainment programs like Bill O'Reilly, Gretchen Carlson, Anderson Cooper, and Piers Morgan are not news. They are opinion based talk shows, its not news reporting. Their website news is a little better because generally its more factual based and less opinion based.

Any journalist or news is biased. Even if an article doesn't clearly state "this thing that happened is great/bad because bla bla", they aren't necessarily 100% objective. The main media aren't subjective because of their point of view anyway but because of what informations they choose to talk about and especially not talk about. To me, as long as an article as sources that I can check, it's a piece of news and even though I might not agree with the interpretation of it, it's still interesting to see different opinions.
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh
Any journalist or news is biased. Even if an article doesn't clearly state "this thing that happened is great/bad because bla bla", they aren't necessarily 100% objective. The main media aren't subjective because of their point of view anyway but because of what informations they choose to talk about and especially not talk about. To me, as long as an article as sources that I can check, it's a piece of news and even though I might not agree with the interpretation of it, it's still interesting to see different opinions.

I disagree. When an article's soul purpose is to convince you that its right and everything thing else is wrong, then its not news.
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Those jerks over at American Airlines have no sense of humour.
Jus knowing that it was the actions of a fourteen year old girl in Amsterdam should have squelched it. Some people need to grow a sense of humor. And as far as the journalists in the afore mentioned post are concerned you need to take everything with a grain of salt, all of the news services are self serving.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lia
Jus knowing that it was the actions of a fourteen year old girl in Amsterdam should have squelched it. Some people need to grow a sense of humor. And as far as the journalists in the afore mentioned post are concerned you need to take everything with a grain of salt, all of the news services are self serving.

There have been copycat people doing it all day long. One teen in particular tweeted Southwest Airlines that he was going to bomb a plane. Southwest tweeted back that they had forwarded his info to Homeland Security, to which he replied, "It was just a joke, lighten up, tweeting isn't a crime." I had to laugh my ass off and briefly considered tweeting him that while tweeting may not be a crime, threatening to blow up an airplane is. lol idiot.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Those jerks over at American Airlines [Link]

Read about that earlier, I'm glad she was arrested.

Also, her "I'm just a girl" defense pissed me off.
  • Goto: