Score: 4.66 Votes: 32
rate this

Rural Explorations...The Saga continues ! (brought back to life by everyone)

Starter: Notech_The_Abbot Posted: 14 years ago Views: 98.0K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28
EL, What is your vantage point in some of these? It looks too high to be from a truck or bus.
Lvl 59
Some of them are from the top of a double-decker bus. (The others are from a boat )
Lvl 2
Lvl 27
Awesome pic Sammie. Is that fog I see in the pic?
Lvl 2
Lvl 2
Lvl 11
Lvl 28
Been some really gorgeous skies round these parts recently

omuh finds this awesome.
Lvl 59
Apparently my digital camera has the capability of taking up to 15-second exposure pictures.

I've spent the last day or two trying to figure out how to get it to do that manually, because I think it would be cool to play around with that. Eventally I want to get a real time-lapse thing and take some awesome low-light city shots where you can see cars moving and such and/or some skyscapes in which the extended shutter time allows you to really capture the stars/moon and such. We'll see. I keep getting interrupted, but if I figure it out I'll post some of that fun stuff here.
Lvl 28
Of course I have no idea what kind of camera you're shooting, but I know my daughter's Nikon Coolpix ??? 810 maybe ??? has just confounded her, me and my pro-photog brother. It takes exceptionally crisp, stunning images, but the ability to over-ride it's automatic perfection is virtually non-existent. For artsy stuff she's either got to use of my old point-n-shoots... or borrow my good cam, which just don't happen if I'm not standing right there.
Lvl 2
Quote:
Originally posted by DEMO
Awesome pic Sammie. Is that fog I see in the pic?

Sure is, thanks for h comment
Lvl 2
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammie01

Sure is, thanks for h comment

Doh Thanks for the comment
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by bustMall
Of course I have no idea what kind of camera you're shooting, but I know my daughter's Nikon Coolpix ??? 810 maybe ??? has just confounded her, me and my pro-photog brother.

Canon SD900 ELPH, apparently.

It's actually a really solid camera. I just don't know how to use it to it's maximum capacity.

Here's one of the NYC photos I took (probably around Rector St., Manhattan, NYC) from the Hudson (after a little bit of touching up to remove the haze that was present the day I took these)

Anyway, I've always been a fan of nighttime elapsed exposure photos, and I want to be able to do it, and it seems this camera can, I just have to figure it out.
Lvl 28
Nice cityscape EL.

Don't know your camera, but my P&S Canon's had a dial with an "M" for manual settings, and shutter speed was easy to change on-screen from there. From what I read, your camera will due up to a 15 second exposure. Good luck figuring it out.

omuh finds this awesome.
Lvl 22
dead horse in a dry wash in my desert
Lvl 23
Couple of shots of where I used to live.....Wonderful sunsets across the lake. Lac St. Anne, Alberta

* This post has been modified : 9 years ago
Lvl 28
A recent shot of the N Cali coast, with the sun poking through the marine layer

Cool pic BML.
Lvl 28
Wow, this thread was forgotten in my absence.

FL 2014

The Blood Moon of Oct. 8
omuh, Poida, Allen_Bradley, Goldseeker find this awesome.
Lvl 14
Rural areas I would recommend - Blue Ridge Mountains, which are near Charlottesville and Manassas in Virginia USA, Gloucester County which is also in Virginia USA and Sandersville, which is in Georgia USA. Those backwoods in Sandersville where crazy; its where we had the 2014 Davis-Hodges Family Reunion.
  • Goto: