Score: 5.00 Votes: 7
rate this

[DEV] Upcoming tagsystem!

Starter: Diz-X Posted: 16 years ago Views: 8.0K
  • Goto:
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Swiss407

The tags are comin along pretty good from what I've noticed just lookin at the babe gallery. Lindros has done a little over 8,000 which is impressive. All the newer uploaded pics seem to be getting tagged, the old archived ones will probably take a long ass time. I gave up on tagging pics myself after a day or two and 1100 tags cause it's next to pointless for regular users to tag anything, really I don't even know why regular users have the option of adding tags to pics, since only the mods are trusted enough for their tags to be taken seriously it should've just been a mod only thing in my opinion.

Just guessing, but I imagine we're allowed to tag pictures to fill out the database quicker. Besides, I enjoy it because it gives me another way to contribute.
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

Well wortol came with a excellent idea for the tag search and to be honest I love it. We are working on it and will release it in the next version 5.4 . So you still have the wait for 5.3.5 to be released

Looking forward to it.

By the way, I just thought of way to make tagging older pictures easier. I decided to start by tagging my "Favorites". The only problem is that, I have so many that it becomes difficult to remember where I left off in between logins. So, how about this:

The "Hot or Not" option allows members to see and vote only on the pictures that they have not yet rated. Would it be feasible to add a "Tag" option or filter that would allow members to view only the pictures they have not tagged?
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Dragon_

Looking forward to it.

By the way, I just thought of way to make tagging older pictures easier. I decided to start by tagging my "Favorites". The only problem is that, I have so many that it becomes difficult to remember where I left off in between logins. So, how about this:

The "Hot or Not" option allows members to see and vote only on the pictures that they have not yet rated. Would it be feasible to add a "Tag" option or filter that would allow members to view only the pictures they have not tagged?

This is already planned for the v5.4 release
Lvl 20
What can be done if we find a permanent tag that does not apply to a picture?
Lvl 15
i like this idea
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Dragon_

What can be done if we find a permanent tag that does not apply to a picture?

Good question Have to think of something...
I haven't been following this thread much, but has 'tits-fake' been mentioned? After seeing this, it should be.
Lvl 7
First off, i love the idea it'll add so much to this already awesome site. The only problem is that i don't really feel all that motivated to go around tagging things when my tags aren't going to count unless ten other lowly 'regular' users such as I tag it the same way. If there is some way to get around this i'll download the list and begin tagging.
Lvl 7
oh and bondage, kneeling, bootyshorts, lollipop, spank, blush (or embarrassed). i dunno if those are already in there but i like them
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by screwy.one

I haven't been following this thread much, but has 'tits-fake' been mentioned? After seeing [ Link ], it should be.

Already covered by "Implants"
Lvl 20
While working through my favorites, I thought of something that may make this easier. Dave and Swiss have touched on it with their spreadsheet, and it's already being done with some tags (i.e., tits, hair, eyes and nipples).

Why not formulate all of the tags into category - description? It would make finding tags much easier. That way, rather than trying to figure out the correct word for something in the photo, a member can simply type in the category, and find the appropriate description in the drop-down. That way, no one has to try to memorize all of the tags, nor would they have to keep a list handy. For those with a good memory, and in a hurry, perhaps the system could still allow members to type a description, and automatically assign the proper category-description. For example, if I type 'bru', the drop-down displays 'brunette'; I select it; the tag appears as 'hair-brunette/brown'.
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

Well wortol came with a excellent idea for the tag search and to be honest I love it. We are working on it and will release it in the next version 5.4 . So you still have the wait for 5.3.5 to be released

What was the idea?
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Dpulpit

oh and bondage, kneeling, bootyshorts, lollipop, spank, blush (or embarrassed). i dunno if those are already in there but i like them

bondage - already a tag
kneeling - already a tag
bootyshorts - is this the same as boxershorts? (which is an existing tag)
lollipop - I'll add this to the suggestions list
spank - already a tag (spanking). Unless you mean as in "the monkey"
blush (or embarrassed) - blushing can be hard to see, what about a "gotcha" tag for those pics where a girl is surprised at being caught? This could be in addition to "embarrassed", but I think that close to 100% of the "gotcha" pics would also be "embarrassed" and visa versa. What do others think?
Lvl 16
to make the tag process move more quickly - at least intially -- can everyone see what tags I have placed on the pictures - the non-permanant "your tags" and just click on each one they argee with for the picture. This may get the required "10" votes more quickly so they become permanant tags more quickly. As far as I have noticed -- the only "your tags" I see are on my own pictures which I have tagged.
Lvl 7
ya maybe let people see 'temp tags' or something
Lvl 7
i can't find the tag to describe emotion. i think there should be some like "smile, sad, mad, excited, etc"
Lvl 7
socks might be a good tag. as in nothing on but
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Dpulpit

socks might be a good tag. as in nothing on but

Already have "stocking", "stockings" and "nylons"
Lvl 40
The tag idea is great .... And I have started tagging the pics in the dark basement of the pics database (The 2003/2004 pics) ... But can the tag moderators approve tags that don't have 10 persons that have tagged them ? As I doubt many people go back that far ..... or am I wasting my time tagging back that far?
* This post has been modified : 16 years ago
Lvl 16
as ive been busy taging the pics i view -- trying to get the backlog tagged -- i thought two more tags "hoodie" - the hoodied sweatshirt girls like to wear and "garter-belt" more then just stockings
  • Goto: