Score: 4.50 Votes: 8
rate this

No Spam In The Champagne Room - AKA Davey made me do it.

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 10 years ago Views: 21.8K
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
I used to be a cheap drunk, but the more I practiced, the better I got at drinking
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 8
Yeah. You'd rather pay my rent than my bar tab.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie
I didn't mind the high end stuff....of course its around $45 a bottle.

Gurl, tequila doesn't get good until at least a hundred a bottle.
Lvl 24
Quote:

I'm gonna throw down my knowledge from my tour now.

Only 100% agave is tequila, and that must be produced only in a certain region of Mexico to carry the Tequila name. Green agave is used for making tequila, blue agave is used when making mescal; though neither use the actual leaves (branches) of the plant. White (or clear) tequila is not aged. Amber or golden tequila is aged in oak barrels anywhere from 6 months to 3 years....after 3 years there is no noticeable change in quality, so if you're buying 10 year old aged tequila, you're just wasting your money. All tequila is distilled twice, mescal is only distilled once.

I know way too much about tequila now.

White (Blanco, Plata, Silver- for Cuervo, etc) Tequila- Aged for 0-2 months.
Resposado- 2 months 11.97 months (just not a year)
Anejo- 1 year or more.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh

Gurl, tequila doesn't get good until at least a hundred a bottle.

Hope you're not buying anything aged more than 3 years. Actually some of the tequila I tried on my tour was around $85 for a 26oz bottle. It was aged 3 years, but I preferred the 6 month aged stuff which was $51 a bottle.
Lvl 25
I'm surrounded by drunkards.
Lvl 19
Si senor .
Lvl 24
Quote:
Hope you're not buying anything aged more than 3 years. Actually some of the tequila I tried on my tour was around $85 for a 26oz bottle. It was aged 3 years, but I preferred the 6 month aged stuff which was $51 a bottle.

I don't drink tequila.
But, on occasion, when I do. Tequila Real, and Don Julio 1942 are my choices, Herradura is also solidly decent, but not top shelf in a bar I'd stock.
I was never brave enough to try tequila, I prefer whiskey sours with scotch. (Gran Macnish)
Lia
Lvl 11
I don't think I've ever had scotch :/
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by jenngurl23

*sigh*

Sidenote: Marines fucking suck. Every Marine defends themselves by saying they're "a Marine." Congratu-fucking-lations. Unless you're an 03 or similar, you ain't shit. Just because you pulled the trigger at a 600 meter target once doesn't make you a combat hardened Marine Infantry Assaultman.

Don't get me wrong, Marines are pretty badass. But don't pretend to be what you aren't. Not every Marine is on 03, not every Marine is in MARSOC, just like not every Army guy is an 11 or a HSLD Teflon-Coated Operator.

Take pride in what you are. I wasn't a SF-Delta-Ranger-SEAL.
But what I was, was the absolute best in the Brigade at my job.
You want to put massive amounts of Hurt downrange in an accurate and expedient fashion? You want me.
Accept what you are, and excel at it. I am the best Infantryman you could have in my particular job, out of 4,000 solders.

Fucking own that shit. Bunch of fuckin' bag of half-eaten dick posers.
F1098, jenngurl23, DEMO find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by jenngurl23

You're not missing much.
Quote:

I don't drink tequila.
But, on occasion, when I do. Tequila Real, and Don Julio 1942 are my choices, Herradura is also solidly decent, but not top shelf in a bar I'd stock.

If you ever see Cava Antigua tequila, try it, I'd be interested to hear what you think.
Lvl 24
Quote:

You're not missing much.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!
If you can't appreciate (if not enjoy) a good Scotch... The only reason why I haven't deleted you is because you haven't slighted Bourbon yet.
[Deleted], DEMO find this awesome.
Lvl 24
Quote:

If you ever see Cava Antigua tequila, try it, I'd be interested to hear what you think.

It seems like I can get it for 50-60USD online (without digging too deep,) but like I said, I don't drink Tequila. But I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for it at a bar/club.
Quote:

WHAT!?!?!?!?!
If you can't appreciate (if not enjoy) a good Scotch... The only reason why I haven't deleted you is because you haven't slighted Bourbon yet.

I can appreciate that other people enjoy it, but to me it tastes what I imagine sweaty socks would taste like.
Lvl 24
One of my favorite drinking moments was when I acquiesced and let my friend I've known for 9 years buy a drink for me (I never let women, or people in general- but especially women, buy things for me, and always pay for my female friends. Just... I'm weird like that.)

But she bought some Scotch for me, and asked if she could smell it. And she immediately started coughing and said that it smelled like beef jerky and turpentine.

It made me giggle like a little girl. It was a good drink though.
jenngurl23, [Deleted], DEMO find this awesome.
Lvl 8
Not a big Scotch guy. I can drink it but it's not something I normally buy/drink. I had a girl ask to smell my glass of bourbon the other day and she said it smelled good. I think that was just her trying to flirt with me though.
Lvl 25
[youtube]f1DnQl-_0z4[/youtube]
jenngurl23 finds this awesome.
Lvl 11
I think she would beat john cena
  • Goto: