Everything on the internet is true.

Everything, but you.

Lvl 20
Well done on the spam title Davey.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

you can't buy a piece of dirt here for double that. :/

The real estate market here is really tricky. There's a lot of cities in Florida that are down right cheap to live in but have no real local economy so if you're not a retiree, or someone who works from home, it's pointless to live there. Obviously, the bigger cities have more higher paying jobs but the cost of living goes up significantly. The only reason homes are reasonably affordable right now is all the foreclosures from the housing collapse. When I say "reasonably affordable" I mean you don't have to be a millionaire to buy here right now. Shit, it's the only reason a working class schlub like myself can afford a house that's not in crack-town.
Quote:
Originally posted by Davey45

The real estate market here is really tricky. There's a lot of cities in Florida that are down right cheap to live in but have no real local economy so if you're not a retiree, or someone who works from home, it's pointless to live there. Obviously, the bigger cities have more higher paying jobs but the cost of living goes up significantly. The only reason homes are reasonably affordable right now is all the foreclosures from the housing collapse. When I say "reasonably affordable" I mean you don't have to be a millionaire to buy here right now. Shit, it's the only reason a working class schlub like myself can afford a house that's not in crack-town.

I've heard Crackton is lovely this time of year.
Lvl 8
As someone who's lived in Crackton, I can vouch for it's non lovelyness. The hood can be an exciting place to live though.
Lvl 22
Quote:
As someone who's lived in Crackton, I can vouch for it's non lovelyness. The hood can be an exciting place to live though.

I could probably get by without that type of excitement.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by exocet

I could probably get by without that type of excitement.

Most people can. Nobody chooses to live in a bad neighborhood. Sometimes you just can't afford to rent a place in the nice side of town.
Lvl 19
Agreed. And most of us have. ( I could tell stories....lol) No worries D.

Quote:
Most people can. Nobody chooses to live in a bad neighborhood. Sometimes you just can't afford to rent a place in the nice side of town.
Lvl 22
I agree completely with Davey and F1098. Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. But I am so thankful that I no longer live in some of the places that I have in the past.
Davey45 finds this awesome.
Lvl 8
I keep telling myself that kind of stuff builds character. If that's the case, I've got character for days.
Lvl 70
Quote:
I keep telling myself that kind of stuff builds character. If that's the case, I've got character for days.

All you need is five characters to post here
F1098, hydrahead find this awesome.
Lvl 59
I've made some sort of mistake.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh
All you need is five characters to post here

Just because you are a character, doesn't mean you have character.
Lvl 59
Never mind, the mistake has been rectified.
Quote:

The first place I lived in after I moved out of my parents place, it was a house and myself and 2 other girls rented it. I wouldn't say it was in a bad part of town, it was kind of a up and coming, almost trendy but not quite part of town, just across the river and bridge from down town. Every day was an adventure there, we'd go out to bar and show up to find a drunk guy sleeping on our doorstep, we had the fire department there (twice) for fires, and the icing on the cake was when an armed fugitive was hiding out in our garden shed. All those crazy and scary things aside, it was some of the funnest time of my life.
Davey45 finds this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros
I've made some sort of mistake.

In other news, it took the State of Arizona 1 hour and 57 minutes to execute Joseph Wood today.
Lvl 8
Shoulda used the head ripper offer.
Bangledeshica finds this awesome.
Lvl 59
Really though, there's something horrifically wrong if the guillotine is a more humane way to kill a convict than the method used by the State of Arizona.

Also, we almost all died a few years back: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/07/23/how-a-solar-storm-nearly-destroyed-life-as-we-know-it-two-years-ago/?hpid=z7

But that's all sad/serious shit.

As a remedy for that, read this: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/11/18/guy-walks-into-a-bar
* This post has been modified : 9 years ago
Lvl 59
Didn't know George Takei was raised in an internment camp. How about that.

Also, good job on that 1940s America.
F1098 finds this awesome.
  • Goto: