Score: 2.33 Votes: 27
rate this

All Americans Should Watch this Film.

Starter: JonM Posted: 17 years ago Views: 9.3K
  • Goto:
Lvl 6
lol this is funny.....ALL american autos NOW have jap and euro..in them frome engines to the design of the hole car and the same for the japs and eruo autos they have some american in them as well almost all cars are the same now and days just some use cheap parts and some use not so cheap parts...and just think the ture euro and jap made cars are way differnt from what is made here in the states by us just like the american cars made in jap and in euro is differnt from what we have over here...
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockjaw

no offense taken and no offense ment, but when I think of British cars - Jags, Lotus, MG, the only thing that comes to mind is sucky electrical quality....

Old ones, possibly, but i think you ,mean Fiat, they have always had a rep for poor electrics!
Lvl 8
Congrats all you have made this thread lose its point grow up all cars suck when it comes to motorcycles
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Holden_McGroin

No other country can make a truck as good as an american truck.

Wrong.
Toyota Hilux!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD0UVI99R8Q
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by stewie56

Congrats all you have made this thread lose its point grow up all cars suck when it comes to motorcycles

And thats a fantastically adult argument!
Lvl 9
Funny how these posts deteriorate as they go along... As an American I am willing to point out that in terms of styling right now in order of general styling (This is only my opinion) the japanese are on top. Unless GM gets off it dead a$$ and builds the Camaro as it should have already done. From a quality standpoint I only have experience for Japanese and American cars/trucks. I have had far fewer problems with GM specifically. Chrysler 2nd and Ford dead last as those seem to always have some irritation. Bear in mind I have had no GM car have more than one somewhat major issue of any kind until well over 150,000 miles. I have 3 in that state right now. No Ford made it past 100,000 period. I was forced to rid myself of them. The Chryslers I have had have been plagued by suspension problems but otherwise were good cars. This spans a period of 30 years and 40 vehicles and I drive on average 35000 miles per year. I will say though that quality from the mid 70's till the late 80's from the US was unbelievably poor. I still remember the 1977 Mustangs rusting through in the first six months. I have not yet seen a European car here that I would consider driving as of yet that was of a decent price so I can say nothing of those.
Lvl 19
And Ford is so enjoying all the Volvo parts they can get. New ST has a volvo engine, surprise. I'm still saying the big concerns rely on smaller parts of the company, like Ford does with Mazda and Volvo. BUT, Ford's own production models has been much much worse than Volvo and Mazda cars.
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Ascaris

And Ford is so enjoying all the Volvo parts they can get. New ST has a volvo engine, surprise. I'm still saying the big concerns rely on smaller parts of the company, like Ford does with Mazda and Volvo. BUT, Ford's own production models has been much much worse than Volvo and Mazda cars.

Thats because the ford cars are the "Bread and Butter" of the company, they need to push all the volvos and mazdas as better cars.
Lvl 19
Awful business image. But I'd rather buy Mazda from those.
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Sails

[reply=Intromission]

And Volkswagen is a great car...
[/reply]

I would go as far as to say, volkswagens overall make the best, most reliable, price holding, reasonably priced, most quality vehicles in the world.

Match me another company that has as much history, made as many variants of vehicles and has such a cult aftermarket scene around the world!!
Lvl 12
thats why i am a porsche man, always was and always will be. I will post some pics of mine if anyone wants to see them
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by uNNReal

thats why i am a porsche man, always was and always will be. I will post some pics of mine if anyone wants to see them

Hell yeah!

Not in this thread tho
Lvl 20
You know i'm loving Audi right now, the quattro system is amazing, last year, my S4, a small 4 door sedan was on the road driving through the snow while those big and unsightly Ford Explorers and Jeep Grand Cherokee's were stuck on the side.

Although I just love the new 911, and the Turbo? amazing. That being said, I really and truly cannot wait for the Audi R8 or the new BMW M3.... All German cars are drivers cars (except Merc they've been diluted), they're responsive, quick, with beautiful styling.
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by primal88

I have a Ford truck and I love it. Who gives a fuck if someone says it's crap? It's what I like, so fuck off. I'm Canadian, by the way.
The only problem with American auto makers is having to pay some dumb-sack-of-ready-to-strike-at-any-moments-notice-shithead 40 dollars an hours on top of a full benefit package to put a windshield in or screw a nut onto a bolt. Thanks, unions, for 50 thousand dollar cars with 5 thousand dollars worth of parts!

Somewhere I read an article about auto manufacturers in the 80s and early 90s wanted to fully automate the factories, however the unions rebelled, saying that the auto manufacturers were just being greedy or some BS so in the end, Toyota automated their factories and Americans to this day have some schmuck getting paid $40 to screw a nut onto a bolt and leave it partially backed out.... The fact is, unless you hire very skilled workers with an actual stake in car a la The Supercar Companies... you're gonna get shitty cars, that's why to this day, you never ever ever buy a car made on monday or friday, i don't care what anyone says, cars made on mondays or fridays tend to have more problems. Loose screws, rattling noises that don't go away, etc....
Lvl 13
American Rubbish?
Lvl 3
TOO FUNNY ~ !

Yes, Americans have high rates of obesity and the country manufactures garbage cars. And LA is the only place that gives Vegas a run for it's "too-tacky-to-be-real?" title.

But the UK doesn't make *any* cars whatsoever. The guy claimed ownership of a Mercedes Maclaren. That's German, not British.

When did the British convert to DC electricity in their cars anyway? Have they done it yet?

If you're going to bag on American cars, you can't really do it from a British nationalist perspective.

Quote:
I would go as far as to say, volkswagens overall make the best, most reliable, price holding, reasonably priced, most quality vehicles in the world.
Toyota and Honda are far larger and more economical, respectively, than any European auto maker (especially British). Last I checked, the Honda Civic is the least expensive to own and operate over the lifetime of the automobile. And if you look at VW: 1) it's not British and 2) the 90's VWs were total junk.

The Big Three automakers deserve plenty of criticism, and the guy in the show was being gonzo and dismissive for 'entertainment,' but claiming European cars as triumphs of British engineering is laughable, and if you want to go EU-vs-US in autos, you have to include Italian, British, French and Turkish cars which are all sub-US, hands down.
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Exhibitor

TOO FUNNY ~ !

Yes, Americans have high rates of obesity and the country manufactures garbage cars. And LA is the only place that gives Vegas a run for it's "too-tacky-to-be-real?" title.

But the UK doesn't make *any* cars whatsoever. The guy claimed ownership of a Mercedes Maclaren. That's German, not British.

When did the British convert to DC electricity in their cars anyway? Have they done it yet?

If you're going to bag on American cars, you can't really do it from a British nationalist perspective.

Quote:
Toyota and Honda are far larger and more economical, respectively, than any European auto maker (especially British). Last I checked, the Honda Civic is the least expensive to own and operate over the lifetime of the automobile. And if you look at VW: 1) it's not British and 2) the 90's VWs were total junk.

The Big Three automakers deserve plenty of criticism, and the guy in the show was being gonzo and dismissive for 'entertainment,' but claiming European cars as triumphs of British engineering is laughable, and if you want to go EU-vs-US in autos, you have to include Italian, British, French and Turkish cars which are all sub-US, hands down.

He is horribly biased. He's the lead for a show called Top Gear on the BBC. Even there, he touts the genius of the Aston Martin line and will still claim that aside from Bugatti, the best cars are Aston Martins... But he owns a Ford GT and will never stop talking about it. If you look aside his British Centric attitude, he does have very good insight into cars.

And when you start talking about american cars being better than Italian, French, etc.... The Ford GT gave him 4 mpg, 2 mpg on the track; whereas, the hypercars the Pagani Zonda and even the Ferrari Enzo gave them 10-13mpg (track MPG wasn't stated)

I know, i've been saying a lot of anti-american car crap... its only because I feel they need a kick in their pants. if you look at the Holden Monaro, its a considerably better built version of a car sold here in the states, why can't they put in the same build quality here that they do in Australia?
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by j0lly

just my 2 cents:

ffinland sucks

nah serious: this is a cars post! if you cant see the sarcasm in the vid, then fuck off and play with Barbie again!

Barbie ... mmmmmmh .... great stuff this toy

Lvl 17
Now this film was a good laugh
Lvl 7
OK, here's my $0.02. I've heard so much bullshit on here (Ascaris in particular). Here is the synopsis:

American cars
Good straight line speed
Decent manufacture quality
Poor cornering
Poor styling
Poor mpg
Engineered in America
Manufactured in Mexico, South America, China, etc.

European cars
Poor straight line speed
Poor manufacture quality
Good cornering
Good styling
Good mpg
Engineered in Europe
Manufactured in Europe

Japanese cars
Medium straight line speed
Great manufacture quality
Medium cornering
Medium styling
Great mpg
Engineered in America and Japan
Manufactured in America and Japan

Disclaimer: I'm an engineer for Toyota in America.
  • Goto: