Score: 2.60 Votes: 5
rate this

A Message to All Civic Owners

Starter: PeePooBum Posted: 18 years ago Views: 3.7K
  • Goto:
Lvl 18
There is absolutly nothing like the sound of a Big block!!

And just so you are aware 302 is a small block... the 402 is a Big block.
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 6
Quote:
Originally posted by bachiotomy

i was just about to say that... too bad not everyone on here is a car guy... this would be a very friendly convo...
Quote:

I wouldn't even fit in that porsche.

I'm 6'1" and it was a tight fit when it came to the head room. Everything else was very....very comfortable. I'm trying to get the video I took with my digital camera to work, but it's giving me grief. Vette/Camero V-8's sound great, but $400k worth of technology jammed into a 5.7 liter V-10 (Porche) produces a sound I never could have dreamed of......hopefully it will work.
Quote:
Originally posted by brt892

[reply=bachiotomy]

i was just about to say that... too bad not everyone on here is a car guy... this would be a very friendly convo...
[/reply]

You are both correct, and I had a brain fart, and will now procede to kick myself in the nuts repeatedly.....
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRice

[reply=bachiotomy]

I'm 6'1" and it was a tight fit when it came to the head room. Everything else was very....very comfortable. I'm trying to get the video I took with my digital camera to work, but it's giving me grief. Vette/Camero V-8's sound great, but $400k worth of technology jammed into a 5.7 liter V-10 (Porche) produces a sound I never could have dreamed of......hopefully it will work.
[/reply]

I'm 6'4 and just fucking big... I barely fit into a 911 (not comfortably) so I don't think the carrea gt has anymore room than th 911.. I just fit into a corvette (comfortably)

and yeah you really can't compare a $400k car to a $45k car..

although I think the 500hp Z06 Vette would do some damage to that carerra in a drag race..
Quote:

[reply=WhiteRice]
[reply=bachiotomy]

[/reply]

I'm 6'4 and just fucking big... I barely fit into a 911 (not comfortably) so I don't think the carrea gt has anymore room than th 911.. I just fit into a corvette (comfortably)

and yeah you really can't compare a $400k car to a $45k car..

although I think the 500hp Z06 Vette would do some damage to that carerra in a drag race..
[/reply]

Hopefully I'll get the chance to test your theory...once I've learned how to really drive this car. It's a little intimidating, mainly cuz it's not mine, and I would hate to torque steer it into a side-rail.....we'll see.
Lvl 18
Quote:

Hopefully I'll get the chance to test your theory...once I've learned how to really drive this car. It's a little intimidating, mainly cuz it's not mine, and I would hate to torque steer it into a side-rail.....we'll see.

YOu seem to have an interest in learning about cars... I'll help you.

[whisper]torque steer you only get from Front wheel Drive (FWD) cars [/whisper]
Quote:

[reply=WhiteRice]
[reply=bachiotomy]
[reply=glf7773]
But again the question remains, why bother, in the end it's still a Honda. We went from the idea that Honda makes an economy car to somehow they are cool. And for those of you that dont know, Honda's were Japan's answer to the Pinto.

I'm by no means a honda fan... but civics are well made.. light and cheap and easy to tune..

For me there is no substitute for displacement... Give me a V8 any day.. 4 cylinders sound like shit..
[/reply]

I would agree with you in almost any case.......but then there's the WRX STI. It's a 2.5 liter, 300 HP turbo charged engine....stock
Greddy makes an exhaust that is louder and deeper than most v-8's will ever be. The sound that comes out an STI's ass is next to erotic if you ask me, but you didn't, so why the hell am I telling you this?
[/reply]

just to correct you i have the greddy exhaust... its the evo 2 to be exact... its one of the quieter exhausts... until you go WOT... than it growls... but still quieter than most... no droaning on the highway... thats why i got it... theres many exhausts louder and not too many quieter... just to clarify... and yea the cars quick stock but not that fast... its 300 hp to the crank... add in an awd tranny and you get about 230 or so to the wheels stock... yea not as sexy now is it... a stock cobalt is putting about 220 or so to the wheels... think about that...
[/reply]

Easy dude, I didn't say it was the loudest of all exhausts ever made for that car, nor did I specify wether the hp rating was to the wheels or not. Most people don't talk in "wheel" numbers.
Yes, you are correct, but I didn't think it necessary to get into it that deeply when I was just trying to entertain a thought.
The cobalt is a Chevy, drinks about twice the feul as your Soob, sounds like my grandpa's Cadillac, and looks like a fruit basket....think about that
Quote:

[reply=WhiteRice]

YOu seem to have an interest in learning about cars... I'll help you.

[whisper]torque steer you only get from Front wheel Drive (FWD) cars [/whisper]
[/reply]

Not true at all, in my opinion. The same guy who's letting me take his Carrera for the weekend also had a GT-2.
According to the police report, insurance investigation, and Porche tech, "torque steer" caused the car to hit the two parked trucks.
And before you say it, the GT-2 he crashed was not an AWD, it was Rear. I'm just repeating what these people said, I can't help it if they have no fucking clue what they're talking about....
so to respond to the civic arguement, hyundais are garbage cars. they are getting better. but they are junk. a 1.5 liter d series civic might not beat your 2 liter but ill bet it doesnt loose by much. and guess what it probably gets 40 miles per gallon. when it comes to head to head racing, weight it everything. its simple. american old school muscle is out, its just too much motor and car and not enough torque. STI's and evo's are the future. you old school heads better learn to deal because they are dusting most of the shit out there
Lvl 6
Quote:

[reply=brt892]
[reply=WhiteRice]
[reply=bachiotomy]
[reply=glf7773]
But again the question remains, why bother, in the end it's still a Honda. We went from the idea that Honda makes an economy car to somehow they are cool. And for those of you that dont know, Honda's were Japan's answer to the Pinto.

I'm by no means a honda fan... but civics are well made.. light and cheap and easy to tune..

For me there is no substitute for displacement... Give me a V8 any day.. 4 cylinders sound like shit..
[/reply]

I would agree with you in almost any case.......but then there's the WRX STI. It's a 2.5 liter, 300 HP turbo charged engine....stock
Greddy makes an exhaust that is louder and deeper than most v-8's will ever be. The sound that comes out an STI's ass is next to erotic if you ask me, but you didn't, so why the hell am I telling you this?
[/reply]

just to correct you i have the greddy exhaust... its the evo 2 to be exact... its one of the quieter exhausts... until you go WOT... than it growls... but still quieter than most... no droaning on the highway... thats why i got it... theres many exhausts louder and not too many quieter... just to clarify... and yea the cars quick stock but not that fast... its 300 hp to the crank... add in an awd tranny and you get about 230 or so to the wheels stock... yea not as sexy now is it... a stock cobalt is putting about 220 or so to the wheels... think about that...
[/reply]

Easy dude, I didn't say it was the loudest of all exhausts ever made for that car, nor did I specify wether the hp rating was to the wheels or not. Most people don't talk in "wheel" numbers.
Yes, you are correct, but I didn't think it necessary to get into it that deeply when I was just trying to entertain a thought.
The cobalt is a Chevy, drinks about twice the feul as your Soob, sounds like my grandpa's Cadillac, and looks like a fruit basket....think about that
[/reply]

dont get me wrong... i hate the cobalt... no style at all and like you said its a chevy... but think about that... a car you can get for close to or under 20g's can keep up with a car worth 10g's more than it... its just like the srt4 and was only mentioned to show the point that it doesnt matter how much a car costs or anything like that... its what you can do with what you got and the driver... ive seen stock cobalts destroy many cars... and take a look at the primedia time attack at button willow race way out in cali... check out sport compact car magazine, turbo and high tech, import tuner, any of em... it was a chevy cobalt that won... beat out $400,000 skylines evos and stis.... explain that...
the ecotec might be a good motor but its not that good. its not going to beat a skyline twin turbo pushrod straight 6 that comes factory with around 400 horse. skylines are insane. a 20k chevy shouldnt even be mentioned in the same paragraph as one. and for STIs and EVOs. i think the cobalt was built to compete with those to begin with because the market was so geared towards imports
Lvl 28
i like how guys with civics try to defend them, yes not ALL civics suck ass..just the vast vast majority....i got my hopes up today and test drove a 2003 W8 passat..and it sucked ass...all these stupid ass kids in rice rockets thinking theyre so damn cool really piss me off...yes we get it..you have a loud exhaust and a subwoofer..and that is enough to land a 15 year old blonde sure...cuz they dont know shit about cars....when you talk to real people, who know real cars..they realize most imports suck when theyre stock...to the best of my knowledge about hondas..which is limited because i greatly dislike hondas...for a few years now the fastest car they had was the NSX and possibly the acura TL?...ive raced both..they havent got shit against a real car...most surprising car ive raced lately was a lancer EVO..it stuck to my bumper in first but i pulled away pretty quick after that..my car goes 0-60 in about 3 seconds and all we have put on it after market wise was a vortex supercharger...it has about 600hp...im not gunna say what kind of car it is though..it will piss to many people off..bottom like..fuck honda...theyre economical cars..not race cars..get a fucking grip...and id say "teenagers here" but since im only 19 and still not some stupid jerkoff with a loud exhanust..ill just try to be as awesome as me, good luck though because i rule
Quote:

[reply=WhiteRice]
[reply=brt892]
[reply=WhiteRice]
[reply=bachiotomy]
[reply=glf7773]

[/reply]

[/reply]

[/reply]

[/reply]

dont get me wrong... i hate the cobalt... no style at all and like you said its a chevy... but think about that... a car you can get for close to or under 20g's can keep up with a car worth 10g's more than it... its just like the srt4 and was only mentioned to show the point that it doesnt matter how much a car costs or anything like that... its what you can do with what you got and the driver... ive seen stock cobalts destroy many cars... and take a look at the primedia time attack at button willow race way out in cali... check out sport compact car magazine, turbo and high tech, import tuner, any of em... it was a chevy cobalt that won... beat out $400,000 skylines evos and stis.... explain that...
[/reply]

wow, i'll read about that soon, it's hard to believe even though I know you are telling the truth. I just don't think I'll ever get past the look of it. Although, I didn't like the look of the 93-99 eclipse until i drove one, then bought and owned one for a few years. Now it's one of my favorite cars...ever. But that's not saying much coming from someone who apparantly doesn't know anything about cars.....
dude you needed 600hp to keep up with a 273 hp evo? im sorry
Lvl 11
yeah umm, from my experience it has been all the douches that drive the Hyundai's that 'soup' them up. Why? you ask....let me tell you...because you are of the cheap ass variety and and think that becuase you spent $10,000 on a new car that you have to 'beautify' it with pointless mods just so that people 'think' that oh thats not a hyundai thats a civic..and the 2.0L engine..you talk like that is sooooo much more than a 1.7..wow..my moms Sable has more HP and Torque than you will ever see...and for you to know that you are infact winning...then you must be just as much of a loser than the 'ricers' in the civics that race....congratulations...i hope you hit a pole

when your car breaks down in 2 years (assuming it is 2005 model) then all the civic drivers will get the last laugh....have fun

but in association with you...you are not driving a domestic car....thumbs up
Lvl 14
^^^He's a douche
Wow. Seems like this has gotten way off topic.
Just to let you guys know,
a)I wasn't trying to race these kids (yes, all of them were easily under the age of 20
b)they all wanted ro race me.
c)I beat all of them to the next light without trying to race, actually I never broke the speed limit
d)I used to work at Honda building civics in Alliston, Ontario, Canada

Although I worked for Honda for 2 years and got a huge ass discount, I would NEVER buy one. You know why? because they are way over priced. The only people that get into a Honda Civic, or a Mazda 3, or a Cavalier and think its a fucking race car, are getting into their parents car.

A Honda Civic is basic transportation. The market has dictated that it is on the high end of basic transportation, it is what it is. If I had to buy one, I would get an Acura 1.7 EL, not available to anyone but Canadians, but the only decent Civic on the road. Still, I'd opt for a Hyundai, the warenty is so much better and I get everything I get in the Acura, but for $10,000 less, with a bigger engine. As far as the "well 1.7 against 2.0 means nothing cuz you don't know how gear ratios work..." argument goes. Well, i know enough that i can smoke a civic in my elantra without breaking the speed limit light to light. And yes I do know a thing or two about cars, AND gear ratios, but let me ask you, what does that tell you? Maybe that my car is geared for acceleration and not so much for top end? Maybe that I haven't lost to a civic when I'm not even racing (and they were)? Maybe that I was complaining about stupid kids driving their moms cars like a fucking race car and you missed the point.

Anyways, I think all rational people would agree that an entry level car is not a racer. Street rcing is in fact not the coolest thing to do since gas is so expensive. If you want a fucking race car, buy a Maclearan F1, or get a 68 camero and do it up. Don't buy a civic, drop $10000 on it and have it be worth nothing cuz everyone knows you beat the shit out of it.
Lvl 6
Quote:
Originally posted by zeroflat24

the ecotec might be a good motor but its not that good. its not going to beat a skyline twin turbo pushrod straight 6 that comes factory with around 400 horse. skylines are insane. a 20k chevy shouldnt even be mentioned in the same paragraph as one. and for STIs and EVOs. i think the cobalt was built to compete with those to begin with because the market was so geared towards imports

um sorry but your skyline numbers are very inflated... the most horsepower a skyline ever had off the factory floor was an r34 gtr vspec II N1 which came with 330 crank horsepower... and that was a limited production car of 400... how do i know this because i lived in japan for 6 years, (im a marine) and ALL other skylines are limited by tunning to 280 hp to the crank... why you may ask? ask anyone who knows anything about cars in japan... if its street legal in japan and made there... (not imported!) its limited to 280hp to the crank because of their problems with street racing, etc. sorry to sound like a cock or know it all but that had to be cleared up... oh and skylines... yea they can easily put 400hp down to the crank on stock turbos... my friend rick has one here in the states, an r32 gtr that runs the quarter in 12.4 on stock turbos and basically everthing else, with no custom tune as well... its actually for sale right now as well. $22,000 check it out if youd like to buy it.

http://www.specialinterest.com/viewad.cfm?Show_Notepad=Yes&bnAd_ID=6261061&TheDealer=0
dude your elantra is fucking garbage. bottom line. i actually am a mechanic. been doing it for years. id buy a honda that was in a car fire before i bought a huyndai for the same price. korean junk. they are like tampons,every pussy needs one
Lvl 11
k...how can you claim that they were trying to race you, then say you beat them to next light without even breaking the speed limit..that doesn't make any sense whatsoever...i think you are just trying to wage your war against honda because they laid you off or something along that line.....

Honda's are not overpriced...An Si (EX) after taxes is 29,000...that doesn't seem like a whole lot for a car that will last a min of 10 years...I have an 04 si, no engine mods cause i agree it is pointless on a weakass D17, and i can admit that i have never street raced...it is pointless....I have upgraded the suspension to after market struts and race springs with front/rear strut bars, sway bars and LCA's...I have 18's (for looks obviously) and a lip kit...i bought the car becuase i could rely on it and i enjoy the look of mildy modded vics....i agree there are the typical ricers outhere but they are more commonly found in cav's, sunfires, and old school vics/accords....i just don't think you need to claim that people are trying to race you...they probably aren't it is just you...

and yeah you know what...there is no real difference in 1.7 and 2.0...they both are only gonna hit high 16's to low 17's....no loss there...a race isn't defined by light to light that are only 100 feet apart ...and it's not always about a straight line..corner with an elantra...i am sure you will know what will happen.............I'll call the tow-truck for you
  • Goto: