Score: 2.60 Votes: 5
rate this

A Message to All Civic Owners

Starter: PeePooBum Posted: 18 years ago Views: 3.7K
  • Goto:
Lvl 14
This is a message for all honda civic owners: STOP TRYING TO RACE ME. I drive a Hyunda Elantra GT and in your minds, you should be able to beat me off the line but you can't. Let me tell you why...
If you have a new Honda Civic, you are packing 1.7 litres of engine. I have 2.0 litres. My car is not much heavier than yours, so I will beat you every time. It doesn't matter how many body mods you do, if you have LED wiper jets or not, I'm still gonna beat you. Its pure math, lighting accesories+honda civic<any car with a bigger engine than 1.7 litres. Sorry, but thats how it goes. I am so tired of beating you guys to the next light. I have done absolutly NO mods to my car so you should all be ashamed. I am tired of you guys challenging me at every stop light. You need to learn how to modify a car. Engine first, then suspension, then either interior or exterior. Not interior, extior than the rest. How many times do I have to embarrass you guys before you catch on? You drive a base car that your parents paid too much for. If you want to be a street racer get a real car, if not, stop pretending that you are in the cockpit of a F-1 car. You are driving a Honda Civic. IT IS NOT A RACE CAR!
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 18
I have a 93 lincoln contintal with a 3.8L V6.. i shouldn't be able to beat shit...however i have had asses in civics try and race ahead of me... and not be able to pass me... pathetic.. If you have a stock car... unless it's a real sports car.. do not even try and race it!
Lvl 11
congrats you won some races....
Lvl 11
I don't race people...it's not worth it to me with my luck I'd get busted by the fuzz!
Lvl 13
getting ripped on by ArtieLange right now
Lvl 12
I own a civic. 92 EH2 Hatch to be more specific. Not to say that racing from light to light doesnt have its place, but IMO its stupid and doesnt tell you anything about your or your opponets car. I have over a grand in the susupension alone in my ride and have minor bolton mods in the engine area, but for the most part its still a POS that is a blast to drive. However, back to my point...that 1/4 mile stuff is for showoffs. take your ride to a winding country road and put it to the test running up and down through the gears working the clutch (i hope to god you have one otherwise what the hell are you doing in a sport compact), brake, and go pedal in harmony around glorious s-curves, hairpins, uphills, and the like. I may not have much power with an engine that cant even beat a 2 liter of Mountain Dew for displacement (D15B7=1.5L), but what i do have makes me go and i am happy. I suggest anyone who has a sports car try the same and leave that drag stuff to those who want to get pestered by the 5-0 and dont mind blowing a valve or throwing a bearing here and there.

My $.02, take it or leave it. Either way, keep motoring.
K, first off, your argument about 1.7 vs 2.0 is useless. Gear ratios, cams, valves per cylinder.....all stock specs....have everything to do with 0-60 times. Weight only comes into play (in ameture street racing) if you're talking hundreds of pounds. The only reason you haven't lost to a Civic is because everyone who races you has no clue how to drive. I just parted ways with my last car, an 03 Civic EX. What you fail to understand is that after 2001, Honda produced mostly SOHC engines for the Civic. The only model with a DOHC engine is the SI (haven't read up on the '06-'07 models yet, so I don't know what they pack). What I can tell you is that the SOHC engine that comes in the EX model is highly under-rated. I beat most V-6's with my 127 stock horses. The gear ratio is perfect for the displacement.

I don't think you have any clue what I'm saying, so I'll stop explaining.
You hate Civic drivers, I hate fuckers who don't know shit about cars, yet feel the need to start a thread about their less shitty car. BTW, your Hyundai will throw a rod before any of those Civics will even need an oil change.
Tard.
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by osaka_aquabus

I own a civic. 92 EH2 Hatch to be more specific. Not to say that racing from light to light doesnt have its place, but IMO its stupid and doesnt tell you anything about your or your opponets car. I have over a grand in the susupension alone in my ride and have minor bolton mods in the engine area, but for the most part its still a POS that is a blast to drive. However, back to my point...that 1/4 mile stuff is for showoffs. take your ride to a winding country road and put it to the test running up and down through the gears working the clutch (i hope to god you have one otherwise what the hell are you doing in a sport compact), brake, and go pedal in harmony around glorious s-curves, hairpins, uphills, and the like. I may not have much power with an engine that cant even beat a 2 liter of Mountain Dew for displacement, but what i do have makes me go and i am happy. I suggest anyone who has a sports car try the same and leave that drag stuff to those who want to get pestered by the 5-0 and dont mind blowing a valve or throwing a bearing here and there.

My $.02, take it or leave it. Either way, keep motoring.

That sounds a hell of a lot more satisfying to do... to become more one with the car.. drag racing happens in cites... no roads like that here in NYC.
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRice

K, first off, your argument about 1.7 vs 2.0 is useless. Gear ratios, cams, valves per cylinder.....all stock specs....have everything to do with 0-60 times. Weight only comes into play (in ameture street racing) if you're talking hundreds of pounds. The only reason you haven't lost to a Civic is because everyone who races you has no clue how to drive. I just parted ways with my last car, an 03 Civic EX. What you fail to understand is that after 2001, Honda produced mostly SOHC engines for the Civic. The only model with a DOHC engine is the SI (haven't read up on the '06-'07 models yet, so I don't know what they pack). What I can tell you is that the SOHC engine that comes in the EX model is highly under-rated. I beat most V-6's with my 127 stock horses. The gear ratio is perfect for the displacement.

You hate Civic drivers, I hate fuckers who don't know shit about cars, yet feel the need to start a thread about their less shitty car. BTW, your Hyundai will throw a rod before any of those Civics will even need an oil change.
Tard.

Don't take it personal... keep it friendly.
hush, hush, I will race you and beat you. All you import guys need to be put in ur place by american muscle. -Trans Am, On dyno: 420hp No nitrous, 570hp with Nitrous.
Quote:
Originally posted by backlash503

hush, hush, I will race you and beat you. All you import guys need to be put in ur place by american muscle. -Trans Am, On dyno: 420hp No nitrous, 570hp with Nitrous.

Here's what's waiting for me to pick up next weekend.........you lose........
Lvl 11
Yeah I don't know what the hell is wrong with people nowadays.
These punks and theyre Imported coffee can racers.
What ever happened to people wanting american muscle cars.
Give me a real car like Camaro Firebird, GTO, Nova!
Hell I'd even take a AMC Gremlin over one of those rattling rice rolling tin cans!!!
Lvl 12
id smack that with my civic, guys are talking to the guys who slap on an exhaust and think they're fast, u gotta battle with the real racers. I smacked a 2003 viper, no lie, in my bubbleback. Elantra...pfft wudnt even buy one brand new for $10
Lvl 12
im not a fan of american muscle. no style or sex appeal...not saying that my civic has any either. Hell, right now it looks pretty shitey. (put it into the guardrail while in ohio a few weeks ago.) it comes down to preference. i prefer classic british roadsters...just dont have the money to purchase or upkeep it. not to mention, with petrol pushing $2.75, i am very thankful that my Imported coffee can racer gets 34-50mpg depending on the driving conditions. but then again, im not an import racer...i like to motor. see my last post on this. be one with your ride.
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRice

K, first off,more words here more words here look over there, it's more words big ole nasty words, skinny words gay words fagmo words stoopid words to drive. I just parted ways with my last car, an 03 more words here lots of words blah blah blah blah blah blah blahb lahb words words stupid words im a moron words with my 127 stock horses. The gear ratio is perfect for the displacement.

You hate Civic drivers, I hate fuckers who don't know shit about cars, yet feel the need to start a thread Words words big long words too much words blah blah blah

And all this coming from a guy who swore up and down that Tiffany Teen, yes that's right folks, was in fact his true, tried and true girlfriend.

Im sorry, you loose. Tard.
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by bachiotomy

That sounds a hell of a lot more satisfying to do... to become more one with the car.. drag racing happens in cites... no roads like that here in NYC.

If your heading west toward PA on I-84, get off and go US-6. You will not be disappointed. The drive up Bear Mountain alone is enough to satisfy the insatiable need to get out drive. There is a toll on the other side of the mountain, but its only a few bucks (if i remember correctly).

And dont judge a guy by his claims to have dated Tiffany Teen. Just becuase he knows shit about women doesnt mean his claims to automobile knowlege are not legit.
Quote:
Originally posted by SouthPaw

[reply=WhiteRice]
K, first off,more words here more words here look over there, it's more words big ole nasty words, skinny words gay words fagmo words stoopid words to drive. I just parted ways with my last car, an 03 more words here lots of words blah blah blah blah blah blah blahb lahb words words stupid words im a moron words with my 127 stock horses. The gear ratio is perfect for the displacement.

You hate Civic drivers, I hate fuckers who don't know shit about cars, yet feel the need to start a thread Words words big long words too much words blah blah blah

And all this coming from a guy who swore up and down that Tiffany Teen, yes that's right folks, was in fact his true, tried and true girlfriend.

Im sorry, you loose. Tard.
[/reply]

Good god dude, are you serious? Time to let go of the past. Already explained myself, but there are a few of you who think you own the world because you live on this site and won't listen to a damn word I have to say. I never claimed that, I swear to god you and a few others are actually girls pretending to be guys. I've never seen a dude listen as little as you do. Tard.
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by im1crazymf

Yeah I don't know what the hell is wrong with people nowadays.
These punks and theyre Imported coffee can racers.
What ever happened to people wanting american muscle cars.
Give me a real car like Camaro Firebird, GTO, Nova!
Hell I'd even take a AMC Gremlin over one of those rattling rice rolling tin cans!!!

I can't stand the people who think adding a coffee can exhaust and a few stickers will make their civic go faster, but....

American muscle is no longer popular because despite the fact that the displacement is so much higher, the engine design is dated. It took Ford a few years to put variable valve timing in when Honda did it years ago. Body design is dated, engine design is dated, the manufacturers are pretty much recycling the same crap over and over again. The engines are inefficient compared to what is being imported to the states.

Lighter cars are more fun to drive too. Straight line races are for people who want to compare penis size. Any idiot can stomp on the gas and maybe shift gears to beat the guy next to you to the next light.
But people seem to forget there's something called a steering wheel. It adds to the driving experience. It's not a bar you hold onto when you're in a roller coaster. That's where American muscle doesn't impress me. The car handles like Jabba the Hutt. Drive a 325i or a Mazda3/Protege5, versus a Mustang.
Lvl 13
Lol car people crack me up. especially when you bring in the whole import racers vs american muscle debate. lol it cracks me up.
I prefer the Japanese Imports myself, coming from a country which doesnt have all these long straight roads, i prefer it over those thirsty american cars.
but yeah most people here are all about go not the show so it mite be some standard civic but under the hood they would have some decent power, i like the 1.6 litre DC-2 Vtecs, wonderful engine way ahead of its time. A hell of a lot of power out of something so small.

****my bad 1.8 litre
Lvl 12
all them little rice burners are hideous. What happed to Muscle Cars. Atleast they looked good too.
  • Goto: