I hve a honda generator for my house.
Lvl 5
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Big_

I hve a honda generator for my house.

good one mr big
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 2
But again the question remains, why bother, in the end it's still a Honda. We went from the idea that Honda makes an economy car to somehow they are cool. And for those of you that dont know, Honda's were Japan's answer to the Pinto.
Lvl 13
^^^^
we arnt talking bout no 70's 80's honda civic we are talking about a newer version of the cars with technology and what not, honda put a hell of a lot of money into their engine technology, and have built a powerful engine for its size. its not all about increasing displacement, some people like the technology that can be a tame economical engine one minute but have some power when they need it. dont get me wrong about american muscle i love some of those old cars but hell we arnt all blessed with cheap gas prices like the US.

******* oh by the way im not a Fan of Honda (except maybe the Integra) I like my Toyotas but i do appreciate the technology that they have put into their cars and engines
Lvl 2
I agree, partly, and btw thank you for being one of the few that can admit Acura is a Honda with a different name. My point is all of these mods decrease gas mileage, therefore making them as fuel hungry as any American car, so why bother putting all the money into them, just go buy a muscle car and be done with it. As far as technology, it doesnt matter how much tech is there, it is still a throw away car when you buy it. The money spent is spent to make it a non throw away car.
Lvl 2
i have a civic and my engine size is 1.5 not 1.7, i might have a crappy civic but dude a HUNDAY or KIA those cars are just cheap made, how many tranis have you changed already?
Lvl 13
Whats an Acura?? im guessing thats what Integras are labelled as over in the states? Buzzy they have just Honda Integras here crazy americans with your name changes. cracked me up when i heard a Toyota Celica Gt-four was called an All-trac in America you crazy americans
Lvl 12
the original argument is stupid. Who cares about gettn raced by civ's, and who cares that ur hyundai "beats them every time"

its like you were trying to say "OMG my hyundai is the phatz! i pwn all civics! garrrrrr"

well done dude, im sure everyone ph33rs then hyun!
Lvl 11
I'm with the American Muscle crowd! I like those cars waaaaaaay better than modern cars. For me a car really has to have 'it', know what I mean. Something you can stare at for minutes and can't wipe that grin of your face. And that sound...man those ricers can never come close to the true American V8 sound. No matter what kind of exaust you put under there. I have 1974 Chevy Monte Carlo. It's big and heavy and has a low compression 350 (completely stock), but at least I LIKE that car and the engine sound makes my day everytime. Still restoring it, but I'm pretty sure I can be faster than some wannabe ricers at the traffic lights. That would be so cool when this heavy thing outruns one of those little plastic Tupperware cars. Sure, the technical side of those cars is advanced and they have better gas mileage. But I wan't to drive a car that I like. I don't care for modern cars. Big, heavy, lots of chrome, V8 engine, big fat tires etc. If a car doesn't meet those 'requirements' I don't care a whole lot for that car. For me it doesn't have 'it'. And if someone wants to race me, for example a Civic, and it's faster than me, I don't mind. I know I have the better looking car lol. Actually, if someone wins that race, I know that guy did a good job on tuning that car. Because I think it's so phathetic to only add more plastic to the exterior and don't make any adjustments to the engine and suspension. I can apprecite a good tuned rice car. But when it comes to the looks....no thanks, I rather see those classic body lines. It's like music. In the old days they knew how to make good stuff! And no, I'm no oldtimer bitching on modern stuff lol, just turned 19! Who said kids don't have any taste these days?!? Blasts from the past!
Lvl 12
u with ur american muscle.....and u with jap cars.... boooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg. if u wanna a good and a safe ride, just buy a mercedes or a bmw. end of story. and these euro cars r easy to tune up 2 if u need a race. but when u get alittle older and wiser, and u have an accident, in which would anyone die, if it was any other car then the mercedes.......u learn to apriciate the safety. not the power, or the looks. anyway, if i had to choose between an american muscle car and a civic.... id choose a stock civic, with full safety pack, and I would make only one modification. thats putting on somethin thats make my ride brake nad stop better.
Lvl 12
yeah man speed is for pussies, safety is for real men!
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by glf7773

But again the question remains, why bother, in the end it's still a Honda. We went from the idea that Honda makes an economy car to somehow they are cool. And for those of you that dont know, Honda's were Japan's answer to the Pinto.

I'm by no means a honda fan... but civics are well made.. light and cheap and easy to tune..

For me there is no substitute for displacement... Give me a V8 any day.. 4 cylinders sound like shit..
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by im24

i have a civic and my engine size is 1.5 not 1.7, i might have a crappy civic but dude a HUNDAY or KIA those cars are just cheap made, how many tranis have you changed already?

Read the reviews for the new Kias and hyundais... they've come a long way..

And I HATE korean cars... in korea... from what i understand... if you aren't driving a korean car you will get beat up by people..

I think everyone forgets.. or just don't know... that japanese and korean car companies are subsidised by the government.. most car manufacturers around the world are... In the US our car companies pay the government a ton of money....so between that and greedy CEO's it's hard to get good cars out of Detroit anymore..I've noticed GM, Ford and Chrysler are trying to make better cars... but in my mind... they are not trying hard enough... and i want to so badly love the American cars of today.. like the american cars before the 80's.
Quote:
Originally posted by bachiotomy

[reply=glf7773]

I'm by no means a honda fan... but civics are well made.. light and cheap and easy to tune..

For me there is no substitute for displacement... Give me a V8 any day.. 4 cylinders sound like shit..
[/reply]

I would agree with you in almost any case.......but then there's the WRX STI. It's a 2.5 liter, 300 HP turbo charged engine....stock
Greddy makes an exhaust that is louder and deeper than most v-8's will ever be. The sound that comes out an STI's ass is next to erotic if you ask me, but you didn't, so why the hell am I telling you this?
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRice

[reply=bachiotomy]
[reply=glf7773]

[/reply]

I would agree with you in almost any case.......but then there's the WRX STI. It's a 2.5 liter, 300 HP turbo charged engine....stock
Greddy makes an exhaust that is louder and deeper than most v-8's will ever be. The sound that comes out an STI's ass is next to erotic if you ask me, but you didn't, so why the hell am I telling you this?
[/reply]

It will never ever compare to sound of a Big block or an LS2 motor... sorry.
Quote:
Originally posted by akdizzle

this car eats civics for breakfast.. not much mods but much better than any body kits ull put on it..
2005 v6 tiburon, 6 speed , performance cai, *only show accecorie 17inch lightweight rims* no back seat sparco racing front seats ignition system, straight exhaust pipe no silencers borla mufflers.. a turbonator *b-day gift* and he might b investing ina s-p since a turbo is too tuff for the v-6's weak internals. this is not my car but my bests frnd car in saudia who i visit evey summer and we go racing all the time.

You go racing in your friends 190hp(at best) Hyundai.......
I go racing my friends 605hp Porche.......pretty much the same, right?
Here's me getting into it Easter Sunday for the first time. I get this thing all to myself for an entire weekend......i hate me, too.
Lvl 6
Im not here to talk shit or start shit just to try and mediate... Ive owned muscle cars and imports and currently have one of each... My daily driver is a 2004 STi with a Garrett GT35R turbo and Alk injection putting 567AWHP down on 25lbs of boost with a built cosworth block and heads... and can do more when I get a better tune as well... with out the alky and low boost... i.e. 18lbs im still putting 450 to the wheels. One of the guys in the beginning was talking about the whole car concept, gearing, etc. I have a JDM closeratio 4th-6th set up and a complete tein coliover with edfc that makes all the difference... my car runs great in a drag and on auto cross... simple fact is if you have the money and do it right it will beat just about anything on the road... vipers and vettes have fallen prey to my sti, as have I to them... you never know what the guy next to you has... i lost to a 93 eg civic last night... u just never know... simple fact is a cars a car... what it comes down to is the driver behind the wheel and how much hes willing to spend/risk to win... oh and my other car is a brand new gto i got last week... dont quite know where im going with it yet but APS makes a sick twin turbo kit that i may be ordering next week... if you guys dont believe me and want to see pictures shoot me a pm... ill send them to you... i can even reference you to my profile on iwsti.com, nasioc.com, and sqc-ny.com... but like i said... it all comes down to the driver and money... but mainly driver... theres no replacement for the loose nut behind the wheel knowing what hes doing.
Quote:
Originally posted by bachiotomy

[reply=WhiteRice]
[reply=bachiotomy]
[reply=glf7773]

[/reply]

[/reply]

It will never ever compare to sound of a Big block or an LS2 motor... sorry.
[/reply]

An ex of mine built a 69 Mustang, she threw a 302 big block in it, it was unreal. I said most, not all v-8's......obviously there are exceptions to every rule.....
Lvl 18
I wouldn't even fit in that porsche.
Lvl 6
Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRice

[reply=bachiotomy]
[reply=glf7773]

[/reply]

[/reply]

just to correct you i have the greddy exhaust... its the evo 2 to be exact... its one of the quieter exhausts... until you go WOT... than it growls... but still quieter than most... no droaning on the highway... thats why i got it... theres many exhausts louder and not too many quieter... just to clarify... and yea the cars quick stock but not that fast... its 300 hp to the crank... add in an awd tranny and you get about 230 or so to the wheels stock... yea not as sexy now is it... a stock cobalt is putting about 220 or so to the wheels... think about that...
  • Goto: