Score: 4.50 Votes: 8
rate this

How Did You Get Your Screen Name?

Starter: BiBiBaby Posted: 17 years ago Views: 5.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 7
I've been wondering how people chose their screen names here. Is yours something that means something personal? Is it random? Is it a joke? Please tell us how you chose your screen name, what it means (especially the non-English speakers) and why.

I chose mine because:

I was listening to the radio on the day I joined. I heard a song by a 1970's Scottish band called 'The Bay City Rollers' - the song was 'Bye Bye Baby' and when I found WBW, the song was still in my head
I thought that as I'm bi, I may as well change the title a bit and use it as a screen name. So now you know - my screen name is because of the Bay City Rollers - how embarrassing!
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 13
I traded a goat and 2 pigs with a pygmy tribe in the middle of the amazon for my screen name....
Lvl 9
Mine is short for my name, Plus Im a little like Dee-Bo from Friday cuz "Dee-BO known fo jackin a nigga, thas all he do!"
Lvl 29
Quote:
Originally posted by BiBiBaby

I've been wondering how people chose their screen names here. Is yours something that means something personal? Is it random? Is it a joke? Please tell us how you chose your screen name, what it means (especially the non-English speakers) and why.

I chose mine because:

I was listening to the radio on the day I joined. I heard a song by a 1970's Scottish band called 'The Bay City Rollers' - the song was 'Bye Bye Baby' and when I found WBW, the song was still in my head
I thought that as I'm bi, I may as well change the title a bit and use it as a screen name. So now you know - my screen name is because of the Bay City Rollers - how embarrassing!

Actually, that's pretty cool!! Mine is a song title too. From a 70's band called "Uriah Heep".

im latino born???? nothing magic or interesting..

my first name here was "latino-oz" the OZ for australian..
but it didnt look right, so i made it just 'latino' nothing exciting im afraid..
Lvl 9
Because I support Liverpool FC and my Dads family is from there - luckily I don't have the accent the only downside is that people think I'm likely to steal from them....(
Lvl 9
I've always felt a bit like an archaeological curiosity on this site... Even though I'm very comfortable here now, in the more-than-twenty years I've lived on the Internet, I've never been much of an online participant - indeed, WBW is the only online forum I've ever thought it was worth joining. Given how old-school and old-fashioned that all seems, I thought a name reflecting that would be appropriate (strictly speaking, "Atavism" is a form of genetic throwback, but it was close enough). I also kind of liked the sound of it.

The one that has always had me curious is "bisthrngrl" - I've often wondered what the significance of that one was.

Fun thread - thanks!
Lvl 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Atavist

I've always felt a bit like an archaeological curiosity on this site... Even though I'm very comfortable here now, in the more-than-twenty years I've lived on the Internet, I've never been much of an online participant - indeed, WBW is the only online forum I've ever thought it was worth joining. Given how old-school and old-fashioned that all seems, I thought a name reflecting that would be appropriate (strictly speaking, "Atavism" is a form of genetic throwback, but it was close enough). I also kind of liked the sound of it.

The one that has always had me curious is "bisthrngrl" - I've often wondered what the significance of that one was.

Fun thread - thanks!

Thanks guys. Atavist - I think if you break down the name 'bisthrngrl' then you get that:

a: She's Bi
b: She's from one of the southern states of the USA
c: She's a girl

Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by BiBiBaby

Thanks guys. Atavist - I think if you break down the name 'bisthrngrl' then you get that:

a: She's Bi
b: She's from one of the southern states of the USA
c: She's a girl

Seems so obvious when you put it that way... I was breaking it down as "bis", "thrn" and "grl" - for some reason, that's just the way I was reading it. Pretty obviously, I was never going to have much luck making anything much out of "bis" or "thrn"...
Lvl 8
mine's not what might first come to mind....some friends of mine used to call me Kitty because my real first name is Katherine, and my middle name is actually Ashleigh, but I've always like the name Ashleigh better. alot of friends still call me Kitty, though.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the color pink....

so there you go. innocent enough, but i like the double entendre it provides.
Lvl 18
Swiss is a real life nickname I've had for a long time, the 407's my area code.
I got it after murdering a thousand virgins.
Lvl 8
Mines after the famous jazz trumpeter who just happenes to share the same name as me.

Pinkkitty... my illusions have been dashed.
Lvl 13
Back when I used to be an online gamer playing things like Quake and Duke Nuke-em, my gameing ID was 'The Itch', as in 'an itch you can't scratch' because I was rather good at the games I played. That was then, I'm no good now. But I kept the name. Since then I have used it for a fairly large amount of registration ID's.
Lvl 10
Mine is a combination like many of yours. Firstly a co-worker called me "J Man" and I thought that sounded kinda cool. Secondly I live in Ohio so that's the "oh" part.
Lvl 23
Mine's pretty self-explanitory.

I live in the mountains.
Quote:
Originally posted by HighGuy

Mine's pretty self-explanitory.

I live in the mountains.

Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by DizzyG

Pinkkitty... my illusions have been dashed.

Sorry to disappoint you....

:P
Quote:
Originally posted by pinkkitty4u

mine's not what might first come to mind....some friends of mine used to call me Kitty because my real first name is Katherine, and my middle name is actually Ashleigh, but I've always like the name Ashleigh better. alot of friends still call me Kitty, though.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the color pink....

so there you go. innocent enough, but i like the double entendre it provides.

damn
Lvl 8
I'm not disappointed... your smile makes up for it
  • Goto: