Score: 4.00 Votes: 4
rate this

Homemade Booze..Hillbilly Tea, Banjo Brew...Moonshine.

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 12 years ago Views: 7.1K
  • Goto:
so how that mess going? the end of next week by your calculations it should be done........................
Lvl 28
@SP: How can it be wrong when it feels so right..

@Dawg: It said eight weeks dude..
what yeast did you use?
Never mind i read it.... is it still bubbling ?
Lvl 28
Yeah, its pretty gross looking lol
Lvl 13
You just need super yeast, 8 kg's of table sugar, 7 days for fermentation and a simple water distiller. When you're done distilling, run the alcohol through a britta water filter a few times to smooth it out and add whatever essence you like...
Lvl 28
Brita water filter....that's a pretty good idea dude.
Lvl 13
Just remember to distill the alcohol first. A simple water distiller is all it takes.
Lvl 22
Any new update on the out come?
Lvl 28
It's still kinda hanging about in the jug until october.

I'll go get a pic.
Lvl 22
Snap Snap damn it !

(meanwhile my lunch is going well)
Lvl 13
I think its time for an update on this whole mess.

I voted alive but not well, due to the fact that you'll know if there's acetone or not on that first sip, scratch that, when you open the lid. YAY ORGANIC CHEMISTY!

And while your at it you should make some diethyl ether

I'm not going to post how to make it. I don't want to contribute to more delinquency. However it is rather simple to make.
Lvl 13
the ether was a joke btw

WE CAN'T STOP HERE, THIS IS BAT COUNTRY!
Lvl 28

Well, it's not due to be done for a couple more weeks.

I have taken a couple of pics of the process..but there aren't any shocking developments.

I'll post pics later when I get the chance...glad to see there is still solid interest in my idiocy.
Lvl 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Well, ...glad to see there is still solid interest in my idiocy.

Always!

And I just ran into a high school buddy of mine and he's still making wine. Let me tell you this,
it's way better but it will still sneak up and kick some ass on ya!
Quote:
Originally posted by cornpop

I think its time for an update on this whole mess.

I voted alive but not well, due to the fact that you'll know if there's acetone or not on that first sip, scratch that, when you open the lid. YAY ORGANIC CHEMISTY!

And while your at it you should make some diethyl ether
[ Image ]

I'm not going to post how to make it. I don't want to contribute to more delinquency. However it is rather simple to make.

well i tried to warn him and help.. but i didn't have time to go into the whole dissertation on what he's doing. There's just like so many experts on here yet none with there own still... they put wine, beer & grain alcohol thru charcoal, gee why's that ?
Lvl 13
fuck that drink it straight

http://youtu.be/wWuvUn14SzE

you should call your shit glug too
"Fuck this organic chemistry. And what use is this and algebra in real life" - West Virginia USA fool. Artisan moonshine is all the rage for a cottage industry of US homegrown hipsters. A growing marketing bonanza, especially with the "buy locally" movement. Big $ regionally when I annually visit my roots in West Virginia.
Lvl 19
Irony of it all is that if you start with non-pasteurized local cider it will harden off on its own in about 4-8weeks depending on temp you store it at, and no risk of acetone or other nasty stuff. I put a few gallons of my favorite local cider aside every year about this time so it is ready by Halloween, never fails.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Some of the bros, and fembros on here Notech and Sugarpie mostly have helped me adjust the infographic so that it does not kill me or my family.

> Taking the fun out of making booze.
  • Goto: