Score: 4.00 Votes: 4
rate this

Homemade Booze..Hillbilly Tea, Banjo Brew...Moonshine.

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 12 years ago Views: 7.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

I'm going to boil it, and drink it as just apple cider...

If that makes anyone feel better lol.

No, I'm still hoping for someone to get the violent stomach cramps and puke all over the place
Lvl 28
Peep mah setup..

Lvl 27
I like the duct tape...

At least it looks like duct tape
Lvl 28
I actually got that bottle (the glass one) from a whole wine making dealio..it has a vent and everything.

I decided to rock the duct tape to be on the safe side.
Lvl 27
I think the vent was a good idea, the duct tape was just icing on the cake
Lvl 28
I'm pretty impressed with it.
Lvl 4
Well in one way the amount of yeast you use does not matter.....The first thing yeast does when put in a sugar mixture is "Breed" it multiplies itself numerous times. Once this has taken place then it converts sugar to alcohol. Increasing the amount of yeast just speeds this process up. to much yeast can give the final product a "yeasty" taste. Ordinary sugar is not the ideal thing.....Dextrose is what you want.
And as far as things like Acetone being a problem..as long as you cleaned everything at the start you would have no problems........However if you distill your Cider to make high grade alcohol that's were you will get problems.
As to what it will taste like.................they call the Cider you are making "Rough" Cider..............I wonder why...........just keep a bucket handy when drinking
Lvl 27
^^^I'm thinking he wants to see a vid of your brother drinking it also
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

How do you convert fluid ounces to grams?

I have in total, 42 grams of yeast..it's tradition dry baking yeast.

Each packet of the six, is 8g..and a lot of things say add one packet.

So...thoughts?

Dry baking yeast is gonna give you not such a good yield as it can't stand up to alcohol.. think i mentioned "turbo yeast" bro... it'll give you around 18 - 21% by volume. Eh, i know nothing
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Demodad68

^^^I'm thinking he wants to see a vid of your brother drinking it also

While holding a chainsaw.
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by hydrahead

While holding a chainsaw.

In front of a wood chipper

Lvl 5
I've made dozens of batches with almost this same exact recipie, only difference was that my bathces were 1 1/2 or 2 gal each. Drank every bit of it, never had any problems. To make it a little more pleasant to drink you can "rack" it. When fermentation stops, siphon off the cider to a second bottle, leaving the residue behind in the first, then let the rest of the solids settle out in the new bottle. You bottle it for drinking out of the second bottle.
Lvl 28
Humm..that sounds promising.
Don't waste that residue apparently it's good for the voice box.
Lvl 8
I vote alive but unwell, fuck sanity, who wants to be sane anyway?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wjV5M1mXhQ[/youtube]
Sure hope you plan on running that mess thru filter paper & activated charcoal that you have rinsed out & dried.
back in the day... my trusty still
Lvl 28
Looks heavy duty.

@cog: I sir...lol'd.
8 minutes of watching two mentally challenged retards with a wood chipper. I've never used a wood chipper before, but even I know that they were putting it in the wrong hole...kinda like how Honda does with his girlfriends.
  • Goto: