Score: 5.00 Votes: 3
rate this

eod_podcast, discussion thread, better known as Kanzen, Ericlindros, and Honda_X rambling aimlessly

Starter: DEMO Posted: 12 years ago Views: 6.0K
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
Okay, since it doesn't seem the originators of the podcast want to start a thread about it, I will...

The link to the podcast's is here http://twitter.com/eod_podcast

And since it has been discussed in the random chatter thread, and someone mentioned that the discussion would just get lost in there, and I feel it shouldn't just get lost, this is where you can talk about, and maybe give these guys some ideas about what you would like to hear them discuss...

Direct download links for the podcasts:
Podcast #1 http://t.co/FfalEqOF
Podcast #2 http://t.co/DKIWsViy
Podcast #3 http://t.co/7xqUvtY6
Podcast #4 http://t.co/1H8eXTci
* This post has been modified : 12 years ago
Good job Demo.
Lvl 27
It had to be done, these guys deserve some recognition for trying to put a good idea together...
I'm currently listening to it right now. Thoughts so far:

- Honda sounds 16

- I can hear EL's beard growing

- Kanzen sounds nothing like I imagined

- Curious what Honda's moms cam girl name is.
Lvl 28
I do sound 16. Also, I'm giggle happy, I have good times, whateves.

Also, have you given any more thought into being our forth SP?
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

- I can hear EL's beard growing

Lvl 28
Look at his cocky avatar, with his face just lost in a forest of beard.
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Look at his cocky avatar, with his face just lost in a forest of beard.

Lvl 28
This thread ended up in meme hell fast.

As for actual discussion: I enjoyed the podcast. Even in its beginnings it sounds like you guys could be pretty entertaining. Kanzen's voice fares really well for the host position and should probably be the main anchor voice for the show and Honda and Lindros are both well spoken and can speak well about whatever comes to mind without stammering or alot of dead air.

A guest voice that changes regularly could be a good idea just to keep things fresh and to give the three of you someone to play off of that brings something new each time. It's obvious that things like sports and videogames are what you are passionate about so focusing on those things may not be a bad idea.

With a little more direction and focus the podcast could be pretty rad.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack

With a little more direction and focus the podcast could be pretty rad.

Until we start talking.
If you've got such a negative opinion and you think it's so stupid why even bother?

If you don't give a shit you can't expect anyone else to give a shit. So I'd just can it and move on at that point.
Lvl 25
u mad? trolololololol
Actually I am quite amused with our awfulness, it has its own demented sort of charm.

Honda has informed me that it was a compliment. I then had to look up the definition of “compliment”, curse these strange human interactions. But thanks for the encouragement. We’ll try to continue on regardless of improvement, until it becomes either too much burden or starts digging into other activities. Who knows, it could end up a video podcast with tons of production values.
I'm 99.9% sure I never said anything about fucking a bedpost.
Lvl 59
I enjoyed it. Like, making it, that is.

Listening, I didn't listen to the whole thing because I was there, what the hell.

I just wanted to listen to see how it came out.

But then everyone is like, "Hey, remember when you said this?" and I'm like, "No." so now I kinda want to listen to it again.
well....there's 90 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Time for drugs and cam girls.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

well....there's 90 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Hah! Sucker!

:: flees with his newfound 90 minutes ::
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanzen

u mad? trolololololol
Actually I am quite amused with our awfulness, it has its own demented sort of charm.

Honda has informed me that it was a compliment. I then had to look up the definition of “compliment”, curse these strange human interactions. But thanks for the encouragement. We’ll try to continue on regardless of improvement, until it becomes either too much burden or starts digging into other activities. Who knows, it could end up a video podcast with tons of production values.

It was a compliment, yes. I was meaning that it's obvious you guys want this to succeed so downplaying it like it's terrible (which it isn't) probably just turns people off from even giving it a try and makes it sound like you don't really care if they do or not. I was being sarcastic when I said you might as well just toss it in the can and move on.

Normally if someone tells me 'Yeah, this show is shit and we suck don't bother' I'm not going to waste my time watching/listening to it. Some people might but those people have too much free time and love punishing themselves.

But seriously - even on the first show it's a stronger start than most podcasts where people just talk about whatever comes to mind. I'm sure you guys have been tossing around ideas for it and have some stuff in mind to bring forward so just run with it. It'll be a good show once you settle into a format you feel comfortable with and stop telling people not to bother listening to it
Lvl 59
I wish I could post dancing gifs with my voice.
Lvl 27
You guys also talked about making them a bit shorter, I'm thinking a half hour show would be pretty good.

Long enough to get in several different topics, yet not so long I have to take 3 to 4 hours to listen to it because people keep interrupting me
  • Goto: