Score: 3.64 Votes: 11
rate this

Do you have state CCW license?

Starter: Jeff613 Posted: 16 years ago Views: 4.5K
  • Goto:
Lvl 12
I am here in California and have a CCW for personal and work use. I work all over California good areas and bad areas, our clients chose us because we can protect them from all treats we also carry non-lethal devices (pepper spray and/or taser) but if you get a permit it is a privilege not a right in today’s society and just because someone has a knife unless they are threatening you, someone close to you, or someone who can not protect them self’s, don’t get involved most people want to hang you right off the bat but as many politicians do and say "we should be more understanding of people who brake the law its not their fault. check out carryconcealed.net
Lvl 2
In the United State"s you have to protect yourself. No one else is going to do it for you.
Lvl 15
Quote:
Originally posted by THEQUIGG

In the United State"s you have to protect yourself. No one else is going to do it for you.

Nice - gives a great impression of the US! You make it sound like it really is the wild west. Not anywhere I've lived in my 30 yrs! As I said, I respect the rights of those who get one legally but those people should also respect mine without saying I'm endangering my family by not having one. It's a personal privilege not an obligation or necessity.

The people that were killed at Virginia Tech and the mall in UT wouldn't have even had the chance to pull their weapon. They were ambushed by sickos. Even if they pulled their weapons and started shooting - what if they fired at the gunman but hit someone else? I don't want random people thinking they are the law just shooting people. We have a system of justice for a reason. If I'm at the mall and I see someone with a gun they are automatically the bad guy - whether it's legal or not!
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by THEQUIGG

yikes! i'm floored by this view.

do the majority of legal gun owners, particularly those that carry, think this?

scary!
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by jbecause

Nice - gives a great impression of the US! You make it sound like it really is the wild west. Not anywhere I've lived in my 30 yrs! As I said, I respect the rights of those who get one legally but those people should also respect mine without saying I'm endangering my family by not having one. It's a personal privilege not an obligation or necessity.

The people that were killed at Virginia Tech and the mall in UT wouldn't have even had the chance to pull their weapon. They were ambushed by sickos. Even if they pulled their weapons and started shooting - what if they fired at the gunman but hit someone else? I don't want random people thinking they are the law just shooting people. We have a system of justice for a reason. If I'm at the mall and I see someone with a gun they are automatically the bad guy - whether it's legal or not!

nicely put.
Lvl 13
wheres that state in the us where the sheriff fines you if you dont carry a gun.?
Lvl 13
the old saying, guns dont kill people, people do, but a gun sure helps.
Lvl 16
One thing most people here will never take the time to understand is that most of the world had much lower levels of violence than the US did even before everyone else started banning guns. At current rates, the US is about right where it was 150 years ago relative to the rest of the world. Am I proud of the fact that we have a higher murder rate? No. But removing guns has done nothing in other countries to lessen their murder rates. They were already very low to begin with. Each country and culture is different and until everyone is willing to recognize that we are doomed to keep up the same damn arguments.
Lvl 10
I have one, also for several states to cover reciprocity. I consider it the duty of all law abiding Americans to be armed and properly prepared to defend themselves and others. As any good book on the subject or a good trainer will tell you, the shit tends to hit the fan if you actually have to shoot someone for defensive purposes - the only good thing is that you get to live. Having said that, if you have a properly concealed firearm and accidently carry into a restricted place no one will know - unless you have to save your life or the life of someone else. I am not advocating this, of course, merely pointing out the fact that a properly concealed firearm is never revealed unless it is used.

If you are ever challenged to shoot under (hopefully simulated) stressful circumstances you'll find that you're level of proficiency drops dramatically. If you aren't willing and able to shoot at least 100 rounds at the range a month (document this with range receipts) and dry fire with snap caps 100 times a day then you will probably not shoot well enough to save yourself anyway. Based on the average street encounter, you need to be draw and accurately fire 2 rounds in 1.5 seconds. Keep this in mind when considering "conceal carry options" like day planners with holsters etc.

Also, firing under stress will teach you the advantages of a full-frame sidearm. When I took my OPOTA qualifications I was suprised to learn that the mini-Glock that I could so confindently fire with great accuracy at the range tended to send rounds wild under stress. A full frame auto or my 5" Raging Bull did not suffer nearly so much degredation under stress, even though I scored no higher with them under day to day range shooting. Based on that experience I figure out ways to make full-frame carry work.
* This post has been modified : 16 years ago
Lvl 4
Quote:

Youre kidding me right? The guy walking through the hall with a pistol blaring wouldn't be a red flag of some sort? All the thousands of people in college that day ..and not one of them would have had time to shoot that dumb bastard? Shit dood ..if id heard those gunshots i woulda been scared ..but i promise id been reaching for my pistol and maybe would have died ...but i woulda went out with guns blazing. At least id have had a chance.

Seriously ..where do you guys come up with this nonsense? Your statement only proves the necessity of a less stringent law for guns ..especially for law abiding people like you and I. Do you think that shooter at VT gave a damn about laws...? think he would have thought twice before shooting ift here had been armed guards at the doors entering the buildings? If he hadnt thought twice he would have been smoked before he entered the building.

And you people trying to frame america as some wild west place ... ummm look at darfur ... nigeria ... even china ... well they dont have guns in china ..but they sure come take your shit away and throw you in some prison.

The argument between countries and gun laws is irrelevant. The person speaking about different cultures is correct...same with the sherrif deputy in saying people dont get raped with loaded guns visible. You are also correct in saying you better be willing to use that very gun you have ... because the criminal sticking a gun in your face is most likely willing to use his or hers.
Lvl 19
Quote:
Originally posted by bachiotomy

I would like to know why you feel like you must have a gun on you. where do you live?

i don't feel like i have to, i fucking know i do...i live in america and know that i need to carry one because of crackheads and democrats...plus when the zombie attack finally starts i'll be surviving while you are being eaten.
Lvl 10
Quote:
Originally posted by choochoo7777

Youre kidding me right? The guy walking through the hall with a pistol blaring wouldn't be a red flag of some sort? All the thousands of people in college that day ..and not one of them would have had time to shoot that dumb bastard?

Yes, he is kidding. If he follows those stories, then he also knows that the Colorado shooter of about the same times was stopped by a CCW holder, and he no doubt knows that 6 months before the VA Tech shootings just a few miles across the border into West Virginia a similarly deranged student intending a similar rampage was stopped in the parking lot by two CCW holders before he could kill anyone. The fact that he ignores these facts should tell you that you won't be able to convince him with fact.

The point is that in America the citizen is sovereign. The founding fathers acknowledged the notion of the divine right of the sovereign, just correctly applied it to the citizen not a king. Thus the issue is a matter of inalienable rights - and responsibilities - endowed to each of us BY OUR CREATOR and thus above and beyond the law of man, above statistics, above cultural differences, above it all.
Lvl 11
well, this guy certainly fucked things up for himself, eh!

Gun fire incident yields new charges
Quote:
Originally posted by twwain

well, this guy certainly fucked things up for himself, eh!

[ Link ]

Booze + Firearms = bad juju.
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by stgeorge

The town talked about in Georgia where it is law to posses a gun is Kennesaw, about 20 miles north of Atlants.
Thanks for helping me out on this one. The name of the town escaped my mind at the time. Ted Nugent mentioned the town when he was on the Glenn Beck TV show several months ago. Too bad he didn't go off on the pro-gun control people. I would have loved to seen that arguement.
Lvl 15
Quote:
Originally posted by vermin666

Yes, he is kidding. If he follows those stories, then he also knows that the Colorado shooter of about the same times was stopped by a CCW holder, and he no doubt knows that 6 months before the VA Tech shootings just a few miles across the border into West Virginia a similarly deranged student intending a similar rampage was stopped in the parking lot by two CCW holders before he could kill anyone. The fact that he ignores these facts should tell you that you won't be able to convince him with fact.

The point is that in America the citizen is sovereign. The founding fathers acknowledged the notion of the divine right of the sovereign, just correctly applied it to the citizen not a king. Thus the issue is a matter of inalienable rights - and responsibilities - endowed to each of us BY OUR CREATOR and thus above and beyond the law of man, above statistics, above cultural differences, above it all.

Don't ever speak for me!! Just because I disagree doesn't make me wrong. I never questioned the right to carry them, I challenged those that say it's a necessity. I'm acknowledging your "right" and you still choose to attack me? WTF?

Most of the people shot at VA Tech were in a single classroom. You think they would have had time to reach for their weapon before they dropped to the ground to duck for cover? Armed guards are not only completely impracticable but ineffective. They would just be the first shot.

In America the citizen is sovereign? Really? You think so? Shit, we can't even elect a President with the popular vote! How do the people rule again exactly? Big business is sovereign and our government helps keep it that way!

As you yourself said,
Quote:
If you are ever challenged to shoot under (hopefully simulated) stressful circumstances you'll find that you're level of proficiency drops dramatically. If you aren't willing and able to shoot at least 100 rounds at the range a month (document this with range receipts) and dry fire with snap caps 100 times a day then you will probably not shoot well enough to save yourself anyway. Based on the average street encounter, you need to be draw and accurately fire 2 rounds in 1.5 seconds. Keep this in mind when considering "conceal carry options" like day planners with holsters etc.

Do you really think it's safer walking through the mall knowing that X number of CCW carrying people could be firing with poor proficiency if a crazy gunman opened fire? How is that safer?
Lvl 11
Quote:

In America the citizen is sovereign? Really? You think so? Shit, we can't even elect a President with the popular vote! How do the people rule again exactly? Big business is sovereign and our government helps keep it that way!

oh, man! where is that comedian louis black when you need him? he's got a whole spiel on this very thing.

something along the lines of "how can america, the most powerful nation on the planet, teach the world about democracy when only half(?) of those of legal age or so, actually vote, while the rest don't give a fuck...", or words to that effect.

very very funny stuff!

oops! back 2 da gunz.
Lvl 19
Quote:

Don't ever speak for me!! Just because I disagree doesn't make me wrong. I never questioned the right to carry them, I challenged those that say it's a necessity. I'm acknowledging your "right" and you still choose to attack me? WTF?

Most of the people shot at VA Tech were in a single classroom. You think they would have had time to reach for their weapon before they dropped to the ground to duck for cover? Armed guards are not only completely impracticable but ineffective. They would just be the first shot.

As you yourself said,
Quote:

Do you really think it's safer walking through the mall knowing that X number of CCW carrying people could be firing with poor proficiency if a crazy gunman opened fire? How is that safer?
Is it bad that you hope something bad happens to somebody so that they will wake up from their slumber and vote and enjoy life? I don't think so. Once you reach the age of 18 get back to us please so that we can talk to you.
Lvl 16
The problem is not that there are too few people voting. The real problem is that there are too many voting who are too stupid to be trusted with that power. Unfortunately, there is no one you can trust to decide who is informed enough to vote and who isn't.
Lvl 22
i live in arizona...about 20 miles from meatU2 & naughtygypsy.

i carry a gun. not because i'm afraid of arizonans. it's the drug gangsters & punk wannabe drug gangsters who come here from mexico & big city slums who are the reason i carry.

i guess if U.S. had free drug policies like denmark i wouldn't need to carry.

but until then i do.

AZ
  • Goto: