Score: 4.50 Votes: 8
rate this

100 Push-ups a day in a giant bowl of green spam

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 15 years ago Views: 21.0K
  • Goto:
Lvl 24
That's guy is freaking on the cutting edge of technology.
wow 5/16/09, and still going.

Almost a month, this has gotta be the longest spam thread in the history of WBW.
Lvl 12
So, ya wanna know who this guy is?
Let me tell you...

Quote:
Originally posted by Latino

wtfux?

This is every dumb fucker who sends his shitty demo to a record company, that's who this retard is.

Ok, I repeat myself all the time, if I'm not talking about art school, I'm reminding you that I used to work at a record company. Part of my duty as art director was listening to the demos that showed up in the mail. Here's a fun fact, one band in the history of independent music has gotten a record deal because of a demo they sent to a label, one band, and that band tanked. If you want to get signed, play out live and tour as much as possible.
ANYWAY, so part of my job was to listen to demo taps. The label released music by avant garde bands. Most of the demos didn't fall into that category, and were thrown away. I mean, it's like sending a bluegrass tape to a rap label, you could be the best blue grass band ever in the history of the world, but that rap label can't help you, they have distribution, and publicity networks that wouldn't have any place for a bluegrass band, and no one to sell it to. That's why we didn't take pop punk or Janes Addiction wanna be bands, and their awful demos were thrown out. The rest of the demos were by picture guy up there. He for some reason, thinks we release wacky, improvised music by one man bands. He may even call or email to "follow up," on the demo. When he finds out we never listened to, and threw out his wacky improvised one man band who will never tour to support a release demo tape, he gets mad because he worked so hard on it, and he whines about your label being unfair on some web site or blog that no one reads.
That's who that guy is.
Lvl 24
Soo...
Quote:
Originally posted by 4tookerplace

So, ya wanna know who this guy is?
Let me tell you...

This is every dumb fucker who sends his shitty demo to a record company, that's who this retard is.

Ok, I repeat myself all the time, if I'm not talking about art school, I'm reminding you that I used to work at a record company. Part of my duty as art director was listening to the demos that showed up in the mail. Here's a fun fact, one band in the history of independent music has gotten a record deal because of a demo they sent to a label, one band, and that band tanked. If you want to get signed, play out live and tour as much as possible.
ANYWAY, so part of my job was to listen to demo taps. The label released music by avant garde bands. Most of the demos didn't fall into that category, and were thrown away. I mean, it's like sending a bluegrass tape to a rap label, you could be the best blue grass band ever in the history of the world, but that rap label can't help you, they have distribution, and publicity networks that wouldn't have any place for a bluegrass band, and no one to sell it to. That's why we didn't take pop punk or Janes Addiction wanna be bands, and their awful demos were thrown out. The rest of the demos were by picture guy up there. He for some reason, thinks we release wacky, improvised music by one man bands. He may even call or email to "follow up," on the demo. When he finds out we never listened to, and threw out his wacky improvised one man band who will never tour to support a release demo tape, he gets mad because he worked so hard on it, and he whines about your label being unfair on some web site or blog that no one reads.
That's who that guy is.

I thought his name was Fred?
Lvl 24
GAH!

I JUST THREW OUT THE WRONG CASE OF BEER!

I was cleaning up my room, and put some bottles in an empty box (despite how that sounds, I don't randomly have trash in my room, I just didn't get around to throwing the bottles out from last night), and went to grab other stuff, and returned and grabbed the case that had beer in it...

Man... I'm really tempted to go and try to rescue mah beer... But I won't cause, that's gross and weird.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh

GAH!

I JUST THREW OUT THE WRONG CASE OF BEER!

I was cleaning up my room, and put some bottles in an empty box (despite how that sounds, I don't randomly have trash in my room, I just didn't get around to throwing the bottles out from last night), and went to grab other stuff, and returned and grabbed the case that had beer in it...

Man... I'm really tempted to go and try to rescue mah beer... But I won't cause, that's gross and weird.

You'd do it
Lvl 59
Chase Utley just hit a homerun to tie the game. Good for him.
Lvl 24
Nice.

I've been learning that 80% and higher wins less than 80% of the time .

3 people had aces, I had KK, and the case ace flopped. (Which is actually ~70%, but it's the example that's the most fun.)
Man its cold here today, at least im in the office all day..
its only like 1c at the moment (34F) up from a -5c(23F) when i got out of bed..

the grass everywhere was covered in ice .... its the wind which is actuallt the killer..

just glad i can make some posts today
Lvl 59
lol @ souther hemisphere.

you and your silly counter-clockwise flushing toilets.

And winter in the summertime.
Lvl 24
Man, we need to kill this thread off...
Indeed....this spam thread sucks, must be all the poker talk!!

@ EL - i prefer having my christmas in summer, and my holidays at the end of the year in summer
Lvl 21
In the last two hours here in Missouri we had ten separate tornado warnings, Its over (for now) and headed for Ill.
Lvl 24
We've had a few here also. I think. I dunno, I kinda wasn't paying attention, but I did hear that whole "warning" thing, so there were some somewhere in the state.
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/06/top-10-ways-to-provoke-a-geek-argument/
Lvl 10
let's see Fefe's closet spam sounds better
Lvl 24
God you're weird.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Latino

[ Link ]

I love the top two. (1-2, not 9-10.)
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh

I love the top two. (1-2, not 9-10.)

me too
im sure a few of those would get kanzen all worked up!
  • Goto: