Score: 5.00 Votes: 8
rate this

WBW Cookbook, Post Your Recipes Here!!!

Starter: katje Posted: 11 years ago Views: 21.2K
  • Goto:
Lvl 22
It's Salmon season here Kat and I'm going to try that one! Thanks.

(not the liquid smoke, got a smoker for that)

(oh, and will FRESH salmon work ? )
Lvl 30
Lvl 9

@ notech, fresh salmon, YUM!
Lvl 22
Hey Kat let's get fat on healthy food

Chicken Cheese Bean Chimichanga

Put a can of cream of chicken soup into a blender with 4 oz can mild green chilies and some lemon juice and some olives, blend then transfer to pot and warm up. I added some red salsa and hot sauce.

Cook chicken, shred, stir in 1 pkt mild taco seasoning, shredded jack cheese, green salsa, sour cream, can of pinto beans. I might have added a little red salsa.

Put some chicken mixture and some sauce into tortilla, roll up and spray with olive oil spray, bake at 350 for 15 minutes, flip, spray and bake 15 minutes.

Top with sauce and cheese. Serve with sour cream and guacamole or salsa
Lvl 30
For all the keen gardeners out there...........
I have never seen a Willy Pepper before...
These are actual peppers from a garden. They really are called 'Willy Peppers'..

By the way, the farmer says they can grow up to 18" long!
Sort of brings tears to your eyes doesn't it?
Lvl 30
bump
Lvl 30
Lvl 30
Lvl 19
My favorite cheesecake recipe Maple Rum Cheesecake
5 bricks cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 - 2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 eggs plus one egg yolk
3 tbls flour
2 tsp aged rum
1 tsp vanilla extract

Crust
1 packet graham crackers finely crumbled mixed with 1/2 cup butter. Press into bottom of 9inch spring form pan lined with parchment paper.

Mix room temperature cream cheese, sugar and maple syrup together until smooth and lump free. Add eggs and egg yolk and mix until smooth. Add rum and vanilla while mixing. Add flour last and mix until smooth. Pour into spring form pan and bake at 325 until knife inserted into center comes out with very little filling on it, do not wait until knife comes out clean or cheesecake will be dry. Let cool to room temp before serving.
Lvl 30
Actually tried that tonight (our time), used all except the aged rum (used Johnny Walker Double Black..same effect?) Yes, it was great, served 8 people at a setting, and they all enjoyed. Ty for that, like these different recipes is why this Thread is here. Also didn't use Graham crackers (used Aussie substitute, and worked fine). Ty once again. Was yummy....Syd.
Lvl 20
Hydra's Beef Flavored Angus Hotdog Ramen Noodles:

1. Boil approx two cups water. Boil that shit. On a burner.
2. Ad Ramen Noodles. Boil for three minutes.
3. Cut up two Oscar Meyer Angus (he played in AC/DC didn't he?) Bun Length Beef Hotdogs.into bite sized pieces.
4. When Noodles are done, stir in beef flavoring.
5. Add Hotdog pieces.
6. Allow to cool to preferred tempurature.
7. Serve with a fine wine.
8. Enjoy.
MeatU2 finds this awesome.
Lvl 30
Penne carbonara:

Serves: 4-6
For an easy and delicious mid-week meal, try this penne carbonara recipe using Bulla cream.
Ingredients
1 Tblsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
300g Lean Bacon, Roughly chopped
600ml Bulla Light Thickened Cream
¼ cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
2 Tblsp Fresh Chives, chopped
½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Black Pepper to taste
400g Penne Pasta, cooked & drained
Shaved Parmesan
Cheese to garnish
Method

Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over a medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic 2 -3 minutes. Remove & set aside.

Return the pan to the heat and brown the bacon over a high heat, drain off excess fat.

Reduce heat to low and stir in the Bulla Light Thickened Cream, parsley, chives, parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.

Stir until well combined and heated through 2 -3 minutes.

Toss the freshly cooked pasta through the sauce.
Serve hot garnished with shaved parmesan.
Lvl 30
^^^Tried that tonight...and it's great, mate! Many thanks. Syd.
Lvl 30
Always a favorite with the ladies: Banana and ice cream balls.
Lvl 30

Roast Turkey Cobb Sandwich
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 1
A roast turkey sandwich inspired by the cobb salad with layers of lettuce, tomato, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, roast turkey and a fried egg with a runny yolk.
Ingredients
2 slices bacon
1 egg
2 slices bread (optionally lightly toasted)
1 tablespoon mayo
1/4 cup lettuce
2 slices tomato
1 tablespoon blue cheese
1/4 avocado, sliced
2 ounces roast turkey
Directions
Cook the bacon, fry the egg, assemble the sandwich and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 558, Fat 37g (Saturated 10g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 243mg, Sodium 1781mg, Carbs 22g (Fibre 4g, Sugars 5g), Protein 34g
Although planning the Thanksgiving dinner is always fun I have even more fun planning on how to enjoy all of the leftovers! I usually start with the turkey breast which is perfect for sandwiches and up first this year is this monstrous roast turkey sandwich inspired by the cobb salad with layers of lettuce, tomato, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, roast turkey and an egg. A cobb salad normally uses hard boiled eggs but I really could not resist going for a fried egg, sunny side up, for that amazing runny egg yolk! I have to say that this is one of the tastiest roast turkey sandwiches that I have had in a while! The only problem is how to get your mouth around it!
Just look at that gorgeous dripping runny egg yolk!
This sandwich is huge!
Quote:
Originally posted by SydneySinbad
Always a favorite with the ladies: Banana and ice cream balls.
[Image]

Really?! I'm particularly fond of smooth peaches to be honest
Lvl 19
I'm with Misschief on this one. Peaches trump all others.
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 30
A Man in the Kitchen:

Yesterday I sent my dear husband a text message saying:
"Hey baby,
You see that bag of potatos? Please peel half and put them in the pot to boil."
And this is the result:

That's the last time he sets foot in the kitchen...
Lvl 30
How To Separate Egg Yolks:

www.youtube.com/embed/iAp8pEaWB1Y
Lvl 9
meh..that's not really faster... instead of using the halfs to separate the yoke you can just cup your hand and use it to separate the yolk.....either do it above the sink if you want to dispose of the egg white , or do it above a bowl if you need the egg white and trash the yoke , since you already have it in your hand...

either way ...only 1 bowl or plate needed...

less plates means less cleanup = faster
  • Goto: