Banana Fritters with Cream

3 ripe bananas
1 cup S.R. flour
1 cup water
salt
dessicated coconut
sesame seeds
oil

Cut each banana into 3 lengths. Mix flour with water and salt. Dip banana into flour mix and coat with coconut or sesame seeds.
Put into hot oil and cook until brown. Serve hot with ice-cream or cream. Drizzle golden syrup or honey to taste.
Lvl 30
Tonight I am on the rush, and on return, I intend to make what I call: Cheating Chicken Gourmet
Buy (as I will) one large take out chicken and pull apart. Serve with one of these delicious sauces ~
If anyone is interested, as I make my own sauces, I will send you my recipes next Post. Just let me know please.
Sweet & Spicy Mango
Indonesian Spicy Peanut
Curry & Coconut
Mushroom & Mustard Sauce
Lvl 24
Ok the Indonesian spicy peanut sounds like it would be awesome with chicken
Lvl 30
Ty FeFe
Have to think this one over, as I haven't done this one for awhiles, but I do also agree, it's very nice.
30g butter
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 clove garlic - crushed
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup dry sherry
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon tabasco sauce

Now let's see.
Melt butter in pan, add curry powder, garlic, ginger and peanuts. Stir over heat for two minutes.
Stir in peanut butter, sherry, water, honey and tabasco.

Stir over heat until thick and smooth.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Enjoy FeFe!
Lvl 30
Ty for the PM, but I will post the Sweet & Spicy Mango Sauce on this Post, as I intend to have it tonight, as well. Plus others may also like.

425 g can mangoes (but fortunately I have fresh mangoes from sunny Queensland)
2 tablespoons fruit chutney
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder

Drain mangoes, reserve 1/4 cup syrup. Blend or process combined mangoes, reserved syrup, chutney, vinegar, soy sauce and chilli powder until smooth.

Pour into pan, stir over heat until heated through. Makes about 1 cup.

Bon appetite, as I will tonight.
Lvl 22
Just in case you were not here for dinner,

2.5 lbs Sirloin(sirloin tips work best) cut into small bite-size cubes
2 large onions, roughly chopped
2 Bell peppers(red, yellow or orange)
1 small package of baby carrots
1 8oz container of mushrooms, chopped finely
4 stalks celery, chopped into 1/2 long pieces
2 garlic bulbs(yes it's a lot…but you'll see)
1 qt Beef Stock
1 small can tomato paste
1 8oz can vegetable broth
1 stick butter
1-2 cups flour

Spices

2 Bay leaves
1 Tbs of Cumin powder
1 Tbs of Chili Powder
1 Tbs of Rosemary
1 Tbs of Thyme
1 Tbs of Paprika
1 Tbs Garlic powder

Note: I add spices to dishes as I see fit. I probably added more garlic powder than 1Tbs and added a little more than 1 Tbs of the Chili Powder. So adjust as you see fit. If you like Cumin, add more and if not, add less.
Directions

Once you have a nice campfire going you will want to prepare the garlic bulbs for roasting in the fire. Also after washing the bell peppers you want to roast them on the campfire as well till slightly roasted. You don't need to get them completely black, but you can if you want. I like it with just a couple spots of charred skin.
While someone in your camp group watches the peppers you want to prep all the other vegetable ingredients and set aside on a plate or bowl. That would be the Onions, Carrots, Mushrooms and Celery.
At this point the peppers should be done. If you really charred the skin you want to wait till they are cool enough and remove the skin. If you didn't char the skin too much, you can just cut them into small strips and add them to your pile of veggies.
Take your cast iron dutch oven and rub the inside with a little butter and place over the fire. If you fire pit does not have a grate you can place it on a rock in the fire and place coals around the dutch oven. You want to have easy access to your pot so don't place the pot in a part of the fire that will make it hard to get to.
Once your pot has gotten hot add the beef cubes to it and brown the beef for a couple of minutes. De-glaze the pot with the beef stock and make sure that you get all the crunchy tid-bits on the bottom of the pot disolved.
Add the rest of the veggies.
Add the vegetable broth, tomato paste and about two full glasses of wine.
Add ALL the spices and the roasted garlic cloves.
Stir and let simmer for about 2-3 hours. Make sure you keep an eye on it because if the fire gets to hot the stew will boil too much.
Once the stew is close to being done, around hour 2 you will want to make the Roux with the stick of butter(yes yes) and flour. I would use a small saute pan and use a stove instead of the campfire because you can better control the heat.
When you are just about ready to serve the stew add the roux and stir well. Let the stew simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
Take the pot of stew off the fire and let sit for 10 -15 minutes and serve. Be careful, it's HOT!

NOTE: When using beef in stew you either want to barely cook the beef or over cook it. Barely cooking the beef keeps it tender. But after it's been cooking for a while the meat will become very chewy , but as you continue to cook the meat the collagen in the meat(it keeps the musle strands together) will break down and make the meat very tender.
Lvl 30
^^^Now that is what I call a Meal! (Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?)
Lvl 24
PM for recipes? Sexy.

Notech that sounds sooooo good.
Quote:
Originally posted by SydneySinbad

Another one of my Downunder Delites: (aka Barbecued Kangaroo Strips)

1 kg kangaroo rump or loin, cut into thin strips
1 cup plain flour 2 teaspoons of seasoned salt and pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 tablespoons butter or margarine

Garlic Wine Marinade

2 cups dry red wine 2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

Combine all of the marinade ingredients and add the kangaroo strips.
Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
Mix the flour and seasoning. Dredge the drained kangaroo strips in the flour and barbecue in the oil and butter, a handful at a time, until nicely browned. (Use frypan if not barbecuing).
Serve with wooden toothpicks.
Makes about 8 dozen strips to serve with pre-dinner drinks.
Halve recipe if desired.

that sounds good - you figure out how to mail me Kangaroo & i'll mail ya some Key Lime Pie. keep posting my down under brotha
Lvl 37
Great work Syd.
I bet you wear one of these in the kitchen.

Lvl 30

Lvl 9
at TK & Sydney!

Notech, I'm a chicken and fish girl but that looks yummy!!!
Lvl 6
Anyone know a good shiskabob recipe,sorry dont know if bob is spelled right
Lvl 8
Good Lord I'm hungry
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by eddline0123

Anyone know a good shiskabob recipe,sorry dont know if bob is spelled right

Don't know what kind of meats you prefer but I'd suggest sticking to whole steak, cut to chunks just before skewering so to avoid contamination. The steak does not need full cooking like chicken. Using a similar mix to my asparagus listed much earlier is a good compliment to about any veggies you'd want to skewer. I'm partial to pearl onions and whole mushrooms with marinated steak.
Lvl 30

Total Time: 2 hr 55 min
Prep: 40 min
Inactive: 2 hr 0 min
Cook: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings
Level: Easy
Ingredients
Meats for Kabobs:
Dijon-Rosemary Steak:

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, stemmed
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes

Citrus-Tarragon Chicken:

1 orange, zested, then juiced, remainder discarded
1 lemon, zested, then juiced, remainder discarded
1 lime, zested, then juiced, remainder discarded
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes

Lemon-Garlic Shrimp:

3 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1 bay leaf (fresh or dried)
2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 pound (16 to 20 count) shrimp, shelled and deveined

Veggies For Kabobs:

Bell peppers
Onions
Cherry tomatoes
Mushrooms
Italian squash
Baby potatoes, boiled until cooked through
Corn on the cob, husked and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds

Balsamic Basting Vinaigrette for Veggies:

1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 1 hour to retard charring.

Directions

Whisk together all of the Dijon-rosemary steak ingredients (except the steak) in a bowl. Toss the steak in the mixture until evenly coated. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.

Whisk together all of the citrus-tarragon chicken ingredients (except the chicken) in a bowl. Toss the chicken in the mixture until evenly coated. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.

Whisk together all of the lemon garlic shrimp ingredients (except the shrimp) in a bowl. Toss the shrimp in the mixture until evenly coated. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.

Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.

Puree balsamic basting vinaigrette ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds.

Place meats, shrimp, and veggies in individual bowls and set out buffet style. Instruct your guests to skewer their own kabobs and baste veggies with balsamic vinaigrette.

Grill kabobs directly over heat source for about 10 to 15 minutes, turning 1/4 rotation every 2 to 3 minutes, or until the meat and/or fish is cooked throughout.

Recommended beverage: Beer
Lvl 28
Screw my post. Eat with syd
Lvl 30
Quote:
Originally posted by bustMall

Screw my post. Eat with syd

Sorry about that bustMall...didn't mean to steal your thunder.
Lvl 15
Accidental recipe: I had this huge thing of chicken wings in the freezer. I usually don't do the par boil thing but being I was invited to a party and didn't want to show up empty handed, Par boiling was the best was to defrost them. Quite buzzed from happy hour and feeling creative I gazed my glassy eyes around the kitchen settling on a bowl of barely eatable oranges and lemons. Face it, they were going into the garbage the next time I cleaned the kitchen so I sliced them in half, and squeezed and dropped them into the boiling thawing wings. I had a smoke and cracked a beer in wait. After draining the wings I patted them dry and covered them with an off the rack Cajun Seasoning and cooked them low on the BBQ. The citrus permeated the meat and the Cajun spice gave them just enough heat to not be offensive. The slow cooking on the Weber Grill really made the crispy but still the inside was sweet and juicy. They came out a nice deep brown as if they were done in the oven. I'm gonna try to replicate it sometime.
Lvl 30
^^Now, that is different, and worth trying myself. Yes, you can't beat a Weber Grill. I have a vintage Weber, not like the modern ones, but it still does the trick. I treat it with respect, like even have a Weber cover to keep away the outside weather elements. Ty for your accidental recipe.
  • Goto: