Score: 5.00 Votes: 8
rate this

WBW Cookbook, Post Your Recipes Here!!!

Starter: katje Posted: 12 years ago Views: 21.3K
  • Goto:
Lvl 22
As I sit here and eat my can of sardines for lunch I'm drooling over the thought of doing these recipes.

(just sayin'
Lvl 28
I just don't want to hear anything about you droolin' over Kat.
Lvl 22
So that means you don't want the recipe for Kat al-amode with ice cream
Lvl 19
Uh..boys ? Do I have your attention ?

I have dibs on Katje. We're going to get together ( after cooking, natch) and compare recipes. And talk about our cats. And how much more intelligent mine is and probably is a better cook than her cat is. And comparing crazy cat pictures. And catnip brands. You know, cat stuff.

Get it ? Cat peeps congregating. And if pussy cat comes up we'll just deal with that as it comes.

So don't ya be messin' with my cat girl ( who undoubtedly looks better in her cat suit than you do !)

F1098 ( who does, in fact, have a really, really mean looking cat suit)
Lvl 22
At the risque of offending one of my dearest friends, I'd like to see that suit...
Lvl 19
Lvl 37
Quote:
Originally posted by F1098

Ahem::cough:: this a cookbook
Lvl 19
Oh...I forgot the catsuit ? Oh bummer....now let's get back to the kitchen, ok ?
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by F1098

So don't ya be messin' with my cat girl ( who undoubtedly looks better in her cat suit than you do !)

F1098 ( who does, in fact, have a really, really mean looking cat suit)

It could be a closer match that you think. And this whole post is worthless without pics.
Lvl 19
Sure.....here is a picture of my kitchen in spotless white.........
Lvl 9

You guys are CRAZY!!!
TK is going to ban all of you.
Thanks F, so you have a kitty photo album too.
Bust, girls have the last word, always so SHUT UP!

This is great:
Parmesan Baked Fish

Ingredients:
4 4-ounce fresh or frozen fish fillets such as cod, salmon, or orange roughy
Nonstick spray coating
1/3 cup light mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or sliced green onion
1/2 teaspoon white wine Worcestershire sauce

Directions:
Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Spray an 8x8x2-inch baking dish with nonstick spray coating; set aside.

In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise dressing, Parmesan cheese, chives or green onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Spread Parmesan mixture over fish fillets.

Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Recipe makes 4 servings Parmesan Baked Fish.
Lvl 37
Oh lookie here a recipe.

Back when I was a fisherman I would fillet my catch.
I would take a bottle of Italian dressing add about 1/4 cup of. soy sauce and marinate the fish 30 minutes.
cooking on the grill was a bitch until I got one of these.
Lvl 9
You can't ban anyone TK.
Peeps are having fun in the fun forum.

Here's a real marinade.

Marinaded Cod
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic cloves, minced
White pepper to taste
4 to 5 ounce cod fillets

Directions:
In small bowl, combine lemon juice, wine, oregano, cumin, paprika, garlic and pepper. Stir to mix.

Place cod in broiling dish and pour wine mixture over fish. Turn fish over so that both sides are coated. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Place fish on broiling rack and broil for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and broil cod for an additional 2 minutes. Serve hot.

Recipe makes 4 servings of Cod Fillets.
Lvl 28
Sooo...

Last night I chopped up my BBQ chicken leftovers, diced 1 bell pepper, 1 jalapeno, 1/2 shallot, saute'd in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, taco seasoning.

Made some fresh simple guacamole (2 avacado, juice of 1 lime, salt pepper and taco seasoning -simple and good) shredded up some Dubliner cheese, and had some of the best chicken tacos I've ever had. Mmmmm that chicken is good for everything.
Lvl 9
That sounds tasty Bust.
You are giving notech some competition.

Hey TK, I found one for you on my fish and seafood site.

Shrimp and Grits
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
5 cups water
3 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 cups grits
1 cup (8 ounces) mild shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 pound medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup chopped scallions (green onions)

Directions:
Place the butter, water and milk into a 3-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Sprinkle in the salt and grits, stirring vigorously with a whisk or large spoon to avoid clumps. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer about 12 to 15 minutes, constantly stirring until the grits become creamy and thick.

Stir in the cheese and mushrooms, continuing stirring until the cheese is melted. Add the shrimp and stir until they turn slightly pink. Pour the grits into a serving dish, sprinkle scallions on top and serve immediately.

Recipe makes 4 servings Shrimp and Grits.
Lvl 24
wow, cheese grits and shrimp. thats such a classic southern meal. love it!
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by FeFeHumHum

wow, cheese grits and shrimp. thats such a classic southern meal. love it!

Same. And a great play on the classic is using fresh bay scallops in lieu of the shrimp.... BUT, I must protest. ONE MUST NEVER USE WATER for cooking grits. Milk only. Yep. Don't eat water grits.

Here's a fave grill side with all ingredients pictured

Toss trimmed asparagus spears in a large mixing bowl with olive oil to cover. Then salt, pepper, lemon pepper and Trade East Gourmet Grill Seasoning (available at GFS) to taste.

Grill over HIGH heat of 600F or greater, or broil under HIGH. Turn once after they have started to char. Total cooking time is only 2-3 minutes. You want them chared, but not limp. Fantastic stuff.
Lvl 37
Thanks Kat but I'm allergic to shrimp.
that looks great bustM

I love to grill corn. I make a cumin-garlic flavored butter.
I coat the corn and wrap them in foil.
I copied these flavored butters from epicurious.com

subscribe to SELF
ingredients

8 ears yellow corn
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon salt

Chili Butter:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon sweet chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon salt

Sun-dried tomato butter:
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (about 6 large), softened in boiling water and chopped
2 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped

Truffle butter:
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoon truffle oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
print a shopping list for this recipe

preparation

Heat an outdoor grill or a stovetop grill to high. Peel back husks of corn, but do not remove. Remove all silk from corn and coat corn with cooking spray. Sprinkle corn with salt and smooth husks back into place. Rub each husk with water and place directly on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until kernels soften and husks blacken, 10 to 12 minutes. Pull back husks and serve corn with 1 teaspoon flavored butter.

For each flavored butter:
Using a spoon, mix butter with respective ingredients. Roll each into a log shape and wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper. Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 3 hours, then soften to room temperature before serving.
I'm not really a recipe kinda girl. I just kinda wing it. About the only time I follow a recipe, is when I'm baking, because you generally need to be fairly precise in order for things to turn out.

I'm loving the thread though, and getting some ideas. Maybe I'll try and post something later that actually has a recipe.

Good work ya'll
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

I'm not really a recipe kinda girl. I just kinda wing it. About the only time I follow a recipe, is when I'm baking, because you generally need to be fairly precise in order for things to turn out.

I'm loving the thread though, and getting some ideas. Maybe I'll try and post something later that actually has a recipe.

Good work ya'll

Sugarpie translation = I never cook/make anything but spaghettios and sandwiches :P
  • Goto: