Score: 5.00 Votes: 3
rate this

WhatBoysWant v4 Features Request & Bugs Report topic

Starter: Diz-X Posted: 19 years ago Views: 10.2K
  • Goto:
Lvl 25
As most of you allready know we are working on new version of WhatBoysWant.com, currently we are running on scripting version 3. The new version 4 will have a totaly new layout and some extra features and bug fixes. This topic is let people do there input on what they like to see and what bugs are still in v3 that have to be fixed in version 4.

This list displays all the features and bugs, good ones from replies will be added to this list. So read this list first before requesting!

Global:
- Totaly new layout
- Advertisment scripting
- Members birthday calendar
- Userprofile: Username history of a user.
- Username will expire after 6 months to ID of the user so names free up again.
- Disclaimer splash screen with warning 18+ adult site.
- Auto resize too big avatars. (JPEG Images Only)

Babe Picture Gallery:
- "Tell A Friend" button bellow pictures.
- Adding 3 new categories -> "Public nude", "Self pictures", "Gothic / Tatoo"

Car Picture Gallery:
- "Tell A Friend" button bellow pictures.

Forum:
- Ajax Support (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML)
- RSS Feed
- If a poll is in a topic, it will add Poll: in bold to the topic overview page.
- Rate a topic
- Page title changes with topic title.
- Save all topic attachments to zip file
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 10
sounds sweet... the buttons in the babe n car gally sounds good and a members b-day callender but adult site screen more screens i have 2 click through 2 get 2 my pr0n sounds awsum
* This post has been modified : 19 years ago
Lvl 13
Sounds good, Diz.
Lvl 25
NotLongEnuff: then just bookmark, http://www.whatboyswant.com/index/ . Because lately some minors are joining our website and it is required by law to warn about adult content. Or I will set a cookie that will prevent from showing up that screen again.
Lvl 10
thatd b sweet but i was just kidding i'll prolly end up bookmarking it cuz i'm here everyday and typing it in gets old
Lvl 13
Make sure it's either, Sugar.. or Chocolate-chip.

I've had a few ideas for new features and such, but can never remember them when I see one of these threads. So, I'll keep my mind open, and see what I can come up with.
Lvl 25
Dude just write it down
Lvl 16
Love the Ajax support
Very nice thinking
Lvl 10
but writing... writing sux.. lol i'm sure by the end of today we will all remember something and this thread will be rockin'
Lvl 25
Just remembered one. Topic rating :P
Lvl 10
yah i saw you slip that in there.... i think that could go both ways.... if ppl actually rate topics good or if someone gets mad cuz their topic got rated crap... i think a condom despenser would be a good idea for the site
Lvl 7
nice new features....
maybe a feature to buy credits... e.g. 500Credits 50€Cent so you dun need an sponsored membership if u dun care about advertisment
Tattoo ... love it ... remember two t´s
Lvl 13
Alright.. I remembered a few of them.. AND wrote them down this time. — I don't know the full list of what's been updated/upgraded or anything.. So, overlook anything that you've already done.

Game Video Section: For the people whom enjoy the role-playing cinema scenes.

Updated Watchlist: To also show the pages of thread, instead of just the title; along with the name of the last poster.

Credits/Points Option: Gives the uploader of videos/movies the option to choose whether s/he wants Credits or Points for the upload. (Example: 1 Credit = 10 Points; So, instead of receiving 15 credits for a one-minute movie, the uploader will have a choice: 15 credits, or 150 points.) (..can also be used for other means of "Credit earning".)

[-edit: Added a small bit.-]
Lvl 10
yes would you like your points in credits, points, crack, herb, or condoms today sir/ma'am
Lvl 59
User selectable forum topic sizes: Similar to how the pictures in the "babes" section work, you would be able to select how many posts are viewable in a forum topic. For picture threads, it could be set smaller for people on dial up, if they wish. For longer threads, people with broadband could select to see 10, 25 or 50, 100, ect, posts at a time instead of limiting everyone to just 10.

Go To last post box in "Last 10 forum posts made" section of a user profile: So if you're looking to see where your (or others) last few posts have been, and to see if people have responded to you (or others) it would give you the ability to jump right to the last area. Especially useful if you happen to partake in long threads, such as the Spam threads or a few others that I could name.

Less Mod omnipotence: Really. We're all adults here, as required by the content of the site.

edit: added two colons. if you count the one in this edit, then it's three.
Lvl 13
Reading over a few older threads.. I happen to run across an interesting fact, that still exists.

When users vote on vehicles that have been uploaded, the vote doesn't always count.

Example: Four people vote the same car at 4; which should give a total vote of 16; then leads to an average score of 4. Some of the members have cars uploaded, that have been voted on.. but still remain with an average score of 0.

[-edit: Spelling.-]
Lvl 22
Hotkey capability, and an post editing grace period.
Yeah, a post editing grace period is a great idea.

I know of another forum that has that, and i use it all the time. Edited posts are ugly.

Lvl 22
Well, I always correct spelling mistakes after the fact anyways and I can't get away with that here.
  • Goto: