Lvl 27
If it's real, I'll take a piece of that

Unfortunately, from what I can find, it's a fake
stinky75 finds this awesome.
Lvl 6
She is disgusting
dragon1175, xyike find this awesome.
Lvl 19
Yeah, she is a jerk and all that. My judgment is less harsh. I believe that she is exactly what we all see.....a young woman more teenager than adult who is photogenic enough to be promoted into stardom....sort of like that marginal talent Britney Spears of years ago. She says she sticks her tongue out because she embarrassed. I believe that. She has been made a star and really doesn't have the maturity to handle it, and probably really does understand that she can't sing without software magic, and knows that it is not truly real.

But I'll give her a break because she is crushingly,....embarrassingly young and the young make lots of mistakes and saying stupid things is their game.
DEMO, [Deleted], MeatU2, xyike and 1 other(s) find this awesome.
Lvl 27
Well said F :-)

"applauds"
Lvl 14
she is not attractive, just thin. But she is smart enough to make millions exploiting people dumb enough to make her famous by copying the path of Madonna and Lady Gaga.....
Tabrew, xyike find this awesome.
Lvl 14
it is the irony that is funny, like people who say they feel sorry for her, or she is being exploited, when it is the opposite, she is smart enough to exploit the public to keep her relevant and making millions of dollars. Just like that stupid Jersey shore, people would say I only watch cause the show is so stupid, or cause they are so stupid, guess who is the moron??? YOU ARE for watching that crap and making them millions...
Goldseeker finds this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by F1098
Yeah, she is a jerk and all that. My judgment is less harsh. I believe that she is exactly what we all see.....a young woman more teenager than adult who is photogenic enough to be promoted into stardom....sort of like that marginal talent Britney Spears of years ago. She says she sticks her tongue out because she embarrassed. I believe that. She has been made a star and really doesn't have the maturity to handle it, and probably really does understand that she can't sing without software magic, and knows that it is not truly real.

But I'll give her a break because she is crushingly,....embarrassingly young and the young make lots of mistakes and saying stupid things is their game.

I agree with almost all of this, but I don't think she is completely talentless...Wrecking Ball is a powerful and emotionally charged song.

Also.....she's super cute!!
kade finds this awesome.
Lvl 60
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

I agree with almost all of this, but I don't think she is completely talentless...Wrecking Ball is a powerful and emotionally charged song.

Also.....she's super cute!!

Really? I think it's an entirely contrived piece of the promotion puzzle her advisors put together so well. I don't believe for a second that that song just happened to come out about the same week that she breaks up with her fiance.

It's bullshit. But whatever. I don't care about her nearly enough to give it a whole lot of thought.

I don't think she's cute (at least not without her long red hair). I don't think she's all that young anymore, especially when you consider that she's been in the public eye since she was about 13 or so. Not that that makes her any more of a "grown up," but it does mean that she's been around the business long enough to know how it works.
Lvl 14
I dont think she is cute at all, boy hair cut is horrible, tattoos are nasty and she is too thin, with no curves.... basically is a 13 year old boy, have you seen the pics comparing her and Bieber.... they are like twins.... with and without makeup
xyike finds this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by kylecook

Really? I think it's an entirely contrived piece of the promotion puzzle her advisors put together so well. I don't believe for a second that that song just happened to come out about the same week that she breaks up with her fiance.

It's bullshit. But whatever. I don't care about her nearly enough to give it a whole lot of thought.

I don't think she's cute (at least not without her long red hair). I don't think she's all that young anymore, especially when you consider that she's been in the public eye since she was about 13 or so. Not that that makes her any more of a "grown up," but it does mean that she's been around the business long enough to know how it works.

Its still a beautiful song in my opinion, despite her not writing it. Its release date is very close to their breakup, but it would have been recorded well before then...also, you don't just make a video overnight...so while it looks kinda like marketing, it could very well be a coincidence also. Perhaps thats why she made a 2nd video for it which came out quite a bit later.

As for all the controversy over her sexiness, yeah, she probably knows what she's doing, but she's also probably taking a lot of heat from record companies. She wanted to change her image, and they took this as an opportunity to turn her into a sexy pop star. There is a HUGE amount of pressure from the record companies to follow their suggestions.

Also...she's freaking gorgeous now....more so then before with her long hair.
jenngurl23, DEMO find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by thegame14
I dont think she is cute at all, boy hair cut is horrible, tattoos are nasty and she is too thin, with no curves.... basically is a 13 year old boy, have you seen the pics comparing her and Bieber.... they are like twins.... with and without makeup

Yeah...this doesn't look anything like a 13 year old boy to me. I love her current hair style, its hot! And tattoos don't bother me one way or the other...in fact, they can be sexy depending on what they are and where they're located.

jenngurl23, DEMO find this awesome.
Lvl 60
Quote:

Its still a beautiful song in my opinion, despite her not writing it. Its release date is very close to their breakup, but it would have been recorded well before then...also, you don't just make a video while it looks kinda like marketing, it could very well be a coincidence also. Perhaps thats why she made a 2nd video for it which came out quite a bit later.

As for all the controversy over her sexiness, yeah, she probably knows what she's doing, but she's also probably taking a lot of heat from record companies. She wanted to change her image, and they took this as an opportunity to turn her into a sexy pop star. There is a HUGE amount of pressure from the record companies to follow their suggestions.

Also...she's freaking gorgeous now....more so then before with her long hair.

True, it wasn't done overnight. I guess I should have explained more. I think her relationship was complete bullshit, or at least had turned into complete bullshit well before the release of that song. I don't think that the release of that song or her breakup were just coincidentally right at the same time. Especially because it was all right at about that time that she started really doing crazy things in public as an attention grab. I think that everything she has done for quite a while has been part of her advisors' plan to garner more publicity. This isn't like a Justin Bieber, which seems to just be a whirlwind of dumb going on. Nothing that she's done is truly damaging to her image - so she poses naked and screams for attention at awards shows. Big deal. Nothing all that out of the ordinary.

Sure, record companies are probably pushing her in a certain direction. I buy that. But I don't think she doesn't understand what's going on and has no say in the matter. Her legion of advisors have told her that if she does these things, her popularity will increase. Again, with her being in this industry for quite a few years by this point, none of this is really a surprise to her.

I don't care that she didn't write her own music. If I only liked or appreciated songs by singers/bands that they wrote themselves, I'd be left with a pretty short list.

You're free to have your opinion about her looks. I thought she was pretty with her long hair and a more simple look. What she has going on now, no thanks. And below the neck does very little for me as well. That girl is way to skinny, IMO, with no curves.
Lvl 19
Thanks SP

Her talent...did she write Wrecking Ball ? if so, props to her, but as a singer...all of her recordings are AutoTuned to the max, and the cute pixie look/routine doesn't fly with me cause it just heightens the Disney-character-who-just-discovered-sex image. Nevertheless, I wish her well. Maybe her style and talent will mature into something more targeted to my age group. Or is that the real argument after all ?
Lvl 60
Quote:

Yeah...this doesn't look anything like a 13 year old boy to me. I love her current hair style, its hot! And tattoos don't bother me one way or the fact, they can be sexy depending on what they are and where they're located.

[Image]

I think that was more of a reference to her body and how she's mainly just straight, all the way down. There isn't much going on in terms of curves anywhere. I didn't realize she could muster even that much cleavage.

She looks better in that pic than in most of her I've seen. However, airbrushing can do wonders. And she still just doesn't do much for me. But again, that's just me.
Lvl 19
When I saw this picture of MC my first thought was that I was looking at a very young Sharon Stone, don't you think ? Interesting. Thanks.

Quote:

Yeah...this doesn't look anything like a 13 year old boy to me. I love her current hair style, its hot! And tattoos don't bother me one way or the fact, they can be sexy depending on what they are and where they're located.

[Image]
Lvl 60
Quote:
Thanks SP

Her talent...did she write Wrecking Ball ? if so, props to her, but as a singer...all of her recordings are AutoTuned to the max, and the cute pixie look/routine doesn't fly with me cause it just heightens the Disney-character-who-just-discovered-sex image. Nevertheless, I wish her well. Maybe her style and talent will mature into something more targeted to my age group. Or is that the real argument after all ?

She did not. Like the majority (all?) of her work, it was written for her.
Lvl 14
I'd take Katy Perry everyday over Miley.....
Quote:
Thanks SP

Yeah...I don't think her music is all autotune, sure its heavily produced, but everything is today. The girl has some singing ability, she's been doing it for more than a decade (well before autotune) and has sold a lot of records. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of her music in general, but I can see the talent, and like I said, Wrecking Ball is a beautiful song.

As for her look...I can see the pixie thing a bit, but I think she looks much older and more mature with the short hair than she did with her old hair style.
I would put a load in to her, but that's not saying much as I don't have standards (they would have to be pig ugly for me not to do)...
  • Goto: