rate this

Your Flag

Starter: kyosho Posted: 18 years ago Views: 3.0K
  • Goto:
Lvl 10
Lvl 19
Quote:
Originally posted by Swiss407

People sure try and get poetic when they talk about these flags, lol. Shit, I'm American, there's already been too many of em posted, so I'm not gonna post another. The flag doesn't really mean much to me. If I look at it while thinking of past American history then it brings to mind great people, great inventions and great strength. If I look at it in terms of today, then I just think of George Bush, Congressman arguing about things that don't matter and ignoring things that do, Poverty, Hunger, Violence, Corruption...we've still got our strength as far as being the most badass country on earth but everything else has gone to hell. I'm glad I'll be dead sometime in the next 60 years before this place turns communist cause it gets closer and closer everyday. More and more rights get taken away everyday. We allow things like the Patriot Act to happen here. People are so stupid they'd rather have our government gaurantee their safety then have true freedom. Freedom comes with a price and the majority of American people have gotten too soft to be willing to pay it, so now we allow the government to control every single aspect of our lives even down to not having the right to decide if we wear a seat belt or not when we drive. The flag once stood for Freedom, now it just stands for what Freedom was and how if you take it for granted it disappears.

I think the same as you of America, wonder why
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 14
White and red. Purity and devotion...and pride.
Lvl 14
Quote:
Originally posted by kyosho

[reply=Swiss407]
People sure try and get poetic when they talk about these flags, lol. Shit, I'm American, there's already been too many of em posted, so I'm not gonna post another. The flag doesn't really mean much to me. If I look at it while thinking of past American history then it brings to mind great people, great inventions and great strength. If I look at it in terms of today, then I just think of George Bush, Congressman arguing about things that don't matter and ignoring things that do, Poverty, Hunger, Violence, Corruption...we've still got our strength as far as being the most badass country on earth but everything else has gone to hell. I'm glad I'll be dead sometime in the next 60 years before this place turns communist cause it gets closer and closer everyday. More and more rights get taken away everyday. We allow things like the Patriot Act to happen here. People are so stupid they'd rather have our government gaurantee their safety then have true freedom. Freedom comes with a price and the majority of American people have gotten too soft to be willing to pay it, so now we allow the government to control every single aspect of our lives even down to not having the right to decide if we wear a seat belt or not when we drive. The flag once stood for Freedom, now it just stands for what Freedom was and how if you take it for granted it disappears.

I think the same as you of America, wonder why
[/repost]
You're damn right. Communism is a pure evil, and antiglobalism is its newest child. Social welfare sucks - only economic freedom!!! That's why your country've become a superpower. Who ain't get it should go back to school to learn something about Soviet Union and how the FANTASTIC system worked.
Lvl 5
Quote:
Originally posted by raasay1

Oh Flower of Scotland, when will we see your likes again. That fought and died for, our wee bit hill and glen "

my country. also the arsehole of the universe.
  • Goto: