Score: 4.71 Votes: 7
rate this

You Accidentally Typed in the Wrong Phone Number of a Chick Who Gave You Her Number...What's the next move?

Starter: EricLindros Posted: 14 years ago Views: 3.0K
  • Goto:
Lvl 59

What's your move?

• 3 - Funny/explain email

53.33% (32)

• 2 - Brief Email

16.67% (10)

• 1 - Forget it.

15.00% (9)

• 4 - Facebook friend request

10.00% (6)

• 5 - Go to her job. Stalk.

5.00% (3)

Votes: 60

So, here's the deal:

Let's say, hypothetically, that you get the number of a chick you have had a class with. She's a solid 8/10. (if you aren't familiar with my scale, check out my favorites and realize that almost all of them are 8 and above, IMO) Now, let us also say, that when she gave you her number, you accidentally typed in an extra digit or two, and now you don't have the right number. You've sent out some random text messages to various variations of that number, with no success (and you've actually one "failure to deliver" returned text message - you loser!).

You have her email address, but you only have it because your professor has sent a number of mass emails to the class, so you'd kind of be jacking it from the header info of your email, which is a little stalker-ish. She probably has a facebook - because all chicks do - but you haven't looked, but I'll just assume this girl you're talking to does have one, for the sake of options.

Now, you're left with a number of shitty options. They are:

1. Forget about her. Plentyoffishinthesea.
2. Fire off an email to her - short and sweet. If she wants to talk, she will.
3. Fire off an email to her - witty and explanatory. Make her laugh, and call yourself a dumbass while explaining what happened.
4. Facebook friend-request her.
5. Go to her work. Pretend like it was spontaneous, and get digits again there.
Lvl 16
I say forget it with a twist.

She will be wandering what she did/said/conveyed to make you not make the contact. She will not accept defeat, which also gives you
the upper hand.

Let it go and in the not to distant future you will see her and she will try harder not to be forgotten..

Then be funny and blame yourself.

But I didn't see those options.
Lvl 59
If I were you, I would lean toward option 3 - the funny, self-deprecating email, but there seems to be some dissenting opinions, and we need to settle this via WBW science.
Lvl 28
Witty, charming and brief email is the way to go.

Honda approves of this message.
Lvl 22
For once I concur with the Hondawg !!!!

It bounces the ball into her court and leaves you still somewhat smooth
Lvl 16
Maybe you should have an airplane pull a witty banner over the city.

That would be awesome.

Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by RumDum

That would be awesome.

Not an option on the list. Don't think outside the box. You are not a unique snowflake.

Although, the whole plane gig worked for Yuri Orlov, when he was trying to impress Bridget Moynahan, but it failed in the end, so I guess that isn't the way to go.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by RumDum

That would be awesome.

Someone just watched "I Love You, Man."...

Lvl 16
Sadly enough, no I didn't watch anything like that. I just typed it.

Lvl 26
Go to her work. I'd say just talk to her at class again if it was an option but If you know where she works, it's obviously because she told you. I'll always say go with the face to face option.

I absolutely despise facebook and emails are way too impersonal.

Man up and go see her if you really want the number.
Lvl 24
No more class? I think you have to go for the email then.

If there's class, then you just get to build up her suspense for the next time you talk. Don't tell her that you screwed her number up though.
Lvl 59
Yeah, in this hypothetical situation, the class ended tonight, and is no more.
Lvl 59
Bump for daytime people.

Lvl 16
After a good nap,

I still agree with myself.
Lvl 18
Well I know you have great taste similar to myself so if you say she's an 8 I'd have to say send the e-mail with a brief explanation. It's not even stalkerish. Stalkerish is googling the shit out of every username of hers you can possibly find before you end up finding her e-mail then e-mailing her. Copying off of a mass e-mail is not stalkerish it's intelligent.

She'll be flattered you were interested enough to find an alternative method of contacting her after you typed her phone number wrong. She'll eat that shit up. She was obviously interested enough herself to give the number and is probably wondering why you haven't called and so will also be relieved to receive the e-mail.

...or just give me her e-mail and let me handle it for ya Satisfaction is guaranteed.....her satisfaction that is.
Lvl 11
I'd be much more impressed by someone that was actually willing to go out of their way, rather than taking 12 seconds to push some keys or click their mouse a few times. If you think she's worth the effort, I'd try to find her wherever I could and be honest about what happened. If she's not worth an extra trip to her workplace, or house, or school or whatever, then you already answered the question yourself.
Lvl 24
I think that's kinda creepy.

Showing up at where ever she currently happens to be, that's just... not right.
Lvl 11
Would it have been creepy 20 years ago when very few people had email/internet, even fewer had mobile phones, and there was no such thing as google or facebook?
Lvl 29
1. Every human to express an interest in another human is not a stalker.

2. What's with ending so many words with "ish"? It's beginning to get irritating. Be a unique snowflake and knock it the fuck off!!

I would go with the funny email.
Lvl 24
Iish thinkish RDish needsish toish keepish hisish opinionsish onish languageish toish himselfish.

Nooneish caresish.

Also, lol, lmfao, and kewl.

kthxbai.
  • Goto: