Score: 4.71 Votes: 7
rate this

You Accidentally Typed in the Wrong Phone Number of a Chick Who Gave You Her Number...What's the next move?

Starter: EricLindros Posted: 14 years ago Views: 3.0K
  • Goto:
Lvl 6
if she didnt give you her email andyou say you got it from the mass email list thats more creepy i think than going to her work and talking to her. If she has a job like at blockbuster where you can go in and buy something and bump into her by accident thats ok Id say. Its especially a good move to do this if she doesnt know you kn ow she works there so if she seems happy to see you and not looking at you like wtf are you doing here Id try to find a way to ask for the number again.

OR give her yours somehow.
Lvl 6
just for kicks i checked out your faves and I must say I agree with your grading scale.

I'd be bummed too.
Lvl 59
Yeah...she told me where she works...she works at a bar during the weekend evenings, so that's a place you can go, but, you know, she would also know why I went there.

Her day job isn't an option.

Lvl 18
Just do the e-mail or show up at her bar job. You're askin the wrong people for advice. Most of these people have to beg chicks to sleep with them and yeah if they showed up at her work or e-mailed her she would be scared but she also never would've given them her number in the first place.

We're on another level, EL. It's only "stalking" when the attention is unwanted.
Lvl 11
Try asking for her number again. If she likes you, and you're honest with her as to why you need her number again, she'll give it to you.
Lvl 22
Soo......

Two days and you still haven't decided what to do ?

I say now you should let her track you down
Lvl 13
We require an update on the situation........
Lvl 7
i always show them the number as i've typed it before i save it. then it's never wrong.
Lvl 9
You need a 2.5 choice

Honesty is always appreciated. She'd smell a ruse anyway.

Wit shows intelligence, don't overdo it though

Don't be too self-deprecating either, confidence is the best approach.

If she's truly interested , she'll be impressed you took the trouble to track her down after your FU.

If she's not interested, you'll know soon enough.

Don't delay too long, bend over while the iron is hot.
Lvl 59
So, in a stunning twist of events, I went with a combination of options 2 and 4. It seemed to me that Facebook is a more acceptable method of randomly getting in touch with people, so I sent her an email/PM via Facebook, but didn't friend request her...totally put the ball in her court...no pressure or anything. Also, included a sweet inside joke (the protagonist thing).

I'll keep this updated with any breaking updates or anything.

The transcript of my PM is below:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindros's Facebook PM

Subj: I'm dumb lol

Hey Name of Chick,

Just wanted to let you know that I wasn't blowin you off the other day...I went to call ya and it turns out I typed in like 12 numbers, so, obviously that didn't work out so well. lol. I tried to kinda figure it out by deleting random numbers, but that didn't work out too well either.

So, instead of totally depriving you of my friendship, I figured I'd do the polite thing and find another way to let ya know a neat chick. lol (Neat = knows the definition of protagonist better than me

Anyway, if you still wanna hang out with a guy who apparently has trouble operating simple electronic devices, that'd be cool. lol. Hope to hear from ya...

Lindros
Lvl 11
Well, you are extraordinarily handsome, so maybe she'll reply anyway.
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by brownell

Well, you are extraordinarily handsome, so maybe she'll reply anyway.

Yeah, I rely on that to get me out of most pickles.

Also, it wasn't meant to impress the brownells of the world - you gotta know your audience.
Lvl 28
I like it.

Don't listen to the haters sir, in less than a week I'm sure you'll be balls deep.

Lvl 18
Good job EL. Now that the hook is baited just sit back and wait for the legs to spread.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Don't listen to the haters sir, in less than a week I'm sure you'll be balls deep.

excellent move lindros, i definitely would have preferred that approach.

#1 would have been disappointing, if i had been interested in the guy. #5 would have been kind of intrusive, especially if you dont know each other that well. you did a combination of #3 and #4 it seems, which will be perfect im sure

not threatening, and if she does reply and give you her number again you know its because she wants to and not because shes trying to get you the fuck out of her work place
Lvl 20
Speaking of closure, I need some here as well.
Lvl 59
Breaking News Update:

No response on the facebook PM thing...which has been like a week, so it's obvious I'm getting the hypothetical cold shoulder.

Now, the funny part of the update, is that this chick has, hypothetically, only one class remaining until she graduates, so I figured I likely wouldn't see her again...like, ever.

I was wrong. She is, hypothetically, of course, in my thursday evening class for the next couple of months. I shall be updating the situation with funny anecdotes of the ways I bust her balls for being shady.

Also, I'm putting more than even odds on her hypothetically having a boyfriend, just from a careful examination of all the information...which might explain the lack of contact/conversation/etc.
Lvl 22
OR you really didn't add too many numbers at all and you didn't f'ck-up in the first place
Lvl 59
I'm telling you, I really did add too many numbers.

That doesn't mean she was ever planning on answering the phone, or that she even gave me the right number...but I'm certain I typed in too many numbers.
Lvl 28
If she ends up blowing you, I owe you a coke.
  • Goto: