Score: 5.00 Votes: 6
rate this

What's Your Go To Drank

Starter: FamilyGuy Posted: 11 years ago Views: 11.4K
  • Goto:
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

Once, on St. Patrick's day, a buddy of mine and I went to a bar to pre-game for the St. Patty's day celebrations. There was an afternoon hockey game on, and so we decided to do a car bomb with every goal. As it turned out, something like 9 goals were scored.

I ended up giving away my car that night.

Also lost my cell phone. I would tell more of this story, but I don't really remember it, or the following day, to be honest.

Excellent! This thread needs more stories to go along with the dranks!
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh

Used to drink grasshoppers, back when EL introduced me to them. Those are alright.

Question on the grasshoppers; do they taste like mouthwash? The last time I drank something close to that color green it was at a Canyon Ranch or something like it and I spent a lot of time trying to convince myself that it tasted good, wasn't just good for me...
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by davey45

Honda, have you tried Zima? I heard it's quite tasty.

Dude, don't try to trick him into trying the HARD stuff!
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by FamilyGuy

Question on the grasshoppers; do they taste like mouthwash? The last time I drank something close to that color green it was at a Canyon Ranch or something like it and I spent a lot of time trying to convince myself that it tasted good, wasn't just good for me...

If you go too crazy with the mint liquor, they'll taste like Colgate but if they're made right, they taste pretty good. My girlfriend likes to make them for her friends. They're sweet and a bit of a girly drink but not bad.
Lvl 28
Lvl 28
Quote:

BAHAHAHA
I piss higher than that, you girl.

Aren't you the guy that said you couldn't drink Scotch, straight up? I think I remember that....hrmmm.

My problem is that I like a little burn. So many others don't. I don't drink to get drunk, so a nice tasting homebrew that makes others happy needs to be on the smoother side. 50-60 proof don't seem to unreasonable to mwah.
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by bustMall

My problem is that I like a little burn.

Ahhh yes!

Lvl 28
That looks like it might fit the bill.

What is it?
Lvl 18
Never done a Statute of Liberty shot? Pour Sambuca into a high ball glass (you can use a big shot glass but not a small one), insert two fingers, light the top, pull out fingers and hold in the air, blow out the burning Sambuca in the glass, do the shot, then either stick your fingers in your mouth, shake your hand vigerously or cover with wet bar towel to put out the flame... (beer)
Lvl 60
I like mojitos, myself, but if I'm going for quicker to make, I go with whiskey diet coke.
my drink shelfs and i always keep a bottle of jagermeister in the freezer aswell
my new favourite tipple

and my old favourite

Lvl 14
Mine lately has been either Pinnacle or UV Whipped with Orange or Root Beer soda's.
Otherwise it's craft beer. Like Saranac.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by bustMall

Aren't you the guy that said you couldn't drink Scotch, straight up? I think I remember that....hrmmm.

My problem is that I like a little burn. So many others don't. I don't drink to get drunk, so a nice tasting homebrew that makes others happy needs to be on the smoother side. 50-60 proof don't seem to unreasonable to mwah.

I don't particularly like the peaty taste of scotch. But I have 16 and 20 year old Glenlivit, and drink cask strength bourbon at 120-160 proof.

I also don't do shots, cause it's gross. In college one time, I was drinking with 2 girls, and they were like "Let's do shots!" and I was thinking "Fuuuuuck" but said fine. And after I think like 4-5 shots of McCormick's Vodka I was done. But after the 4-5th, they were like "Let's go dance!" And I was like "Oh thank heavens." Cause it woulda been embarrassing if two totally were 21 year old, 100 pound girls did more shots than me.
Lvl 28
Quote:

I don't particularly like the peaty taste of scotch. But I have 16 and 20 year old Glenlivit, and drink cask strength bourbon at 120-160 proof.

I also don't do shots, cause it's gross. In college one time, I was drinking with 2 girls, and they were like "Let's do shots!" and I was thinking "Fuuuuuck" but said fine. And after I think like 4-5 shots of McCormick's Vodka I was done. But after the 4-5th, they were like "Let's go dance!" And I was like "Oh thank heavens." Cause it woulda been embarrassing if two totally were 21 year old, 100 pound girls did more shots than me.

That's funny.

I drink The Glenlivet too. That'll wake your senses.

Military Special blended whiskey (not the KY Bourbon crap) is pretty good too. About like Crown Royal at 1/4th the price.... available at your local PX.

Lvl 9
Quote:

@Rams, me too. I get wasted cause I drink too many.
Lvl 28
You're such a good bad Kat
A recent trip to the liquor store saw me leaving with:
Coors lite
Pabst
National Bohemian
Segram's Gin
MD 20/20 grape
bottle of white zinfidel
bottle of local Maryland wine, some a bit pricy...we like to support the local growers and industry
A little something for every occasion and mood for me and the Missus.
Well, mainly for me.
My recent takeaways:

Johhny Walker Scotch Whiskey & Cola

James Squire Stow Away IPA which is a Pale Ale.. it has robust malty flavours and earthy floral aromas from dry hopping with English Fugglenice. Nice drop.
Lvl 12
  • Goto: