Score: 5.00 Votes: 3
rate this

What Apps Do You Use?

Starter: EricLindros Posted: 12 years ago Views: 4.3K
  • Goto:
Lvl 13
How about Team Viewer allows you to operate yours or anyone elses computer from a pc laptop iphone ipad or ipod . I have security cameras hooked up to my computer and can log on and see whats going on anywhere there is internet on my ipod
i'm the most boring person with my iphone. i have two pages on my iphone, thats it. lol. i'm just picky with my apps.
Lvl 5
We need a WBW app! I surf WBW all the time with my Iphone when Im at work, so it would be nice to just have an app that works perfectly with the phone itself. If that came out, then I would become a sponsor member online and on the phone, even if I had to pay twice.
Lvl 59
I was thinking about that earlier, because I go to another forum that has it's own app, and it's really useful.

The problem is, I think, that Apple has some sort of vendetta against "adult" sites, and I'm 99% sure that it would be impossible to get them to allow a WBW app in their store.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Roastbeef214

We need a WBW app! I surf WBW all the time with my Iphone when Im at work, so it would be nice to just have an app that works perfectly with the phone itself. If that came out, then I would become a sponsor member online and on the phone, even if I had to pay twice.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure our coders probably consider apps to be a fad, or possibly witchcraft.
Lvl 28
Thread needs more hits.
Lvl 29
NOt sure if this is on the iphone or not, (it's on the ipad)

pizza hut app

just a few taps of your fingers and your pizza is ready for delivery or pickup
Lvl 28
That sounds pretty handy actually.
Lvl 27
I have 4 apps I think, all of them pretty much pointless and stupid
Lvl 15
i better not mention Blackberry..... doh!
Lvl 13
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

I was thinking about that earlier, because I go to another forum that has it's own app, and it's really useful.

The problem is, I think, that Apple has some sort of vendetta against "adult" sites, and I'm 99% sure that it would be impossible to get them to allow a WBW app in their store.

Then why not redo the forum into something that can be used on TapaTalk? Even your inferior iOS has that. The application is already in all the markets and just connects to the forums.
Lvl 18

If you are into all things sports, especially if you have favorite teams. Easy set up, solid features.

Alows you to verbally search the web. Very handy when driving.

As long as I am on the Google tip, this is great for finding your way around where ever you are and it is pretty cool how it zooms in and nails your location in about 20 seconds.

Takes MUCH better picutes than the free version that comes on the phone. Also has a stronger zoom and many edit features. I heard Apple removed it from the App Store for being too awesome and not made by Apple.

For those people that want to browse the Interweb and sites such as WBW without leaving any trail. If you have kids that grab your phone you need to get this app or one like it, because no one wants to have to wipe the surfing history everytime you login to WBW or other lesser wanna be awesome websites.

I love Pandora. Yes a premium memebership (unlimited Hi def stream) costs $30-something bucks a year, but IMO it is the best value out there. I use it EVERY freakin' day.

More later...
Lvl 18

Ok, its not an app, BUT the mophie jucie pack air is the fucking bidnez! Doubles your battery life without being too heavy or looking stupid.
Lvl 8
I Don't have an iphone or ipad and NEVER will purchase any Apple product as long as I draw breath, they are a vile evil company whose underhand methods of obtaining the technology they use never ceases to amaze me.
Lvl 17
Quote:
Originally posted by Neonzero

I Don't have an iphone or ipad and NEVER will purchase any Apple product as long as I draw breath, they are a vile evil company whose underhand methods of obtaining the technology they use never ceases to amaze me.

Underhand?

Please elaborate.....

Btw, I have 3 idevices (can you say fanboy), and have jail broken 2 of them, so apps are a bit easier to get. I play a lot of games, and a lot of the photo editing stuff is really good. A brilliant app for the iPad is filterstorm pro. It's like havin your own photo studio on your iPad!
Lvl 3
I have the Android-powered Archos 101 Internet Tablet which is currently stone-age compared to what is being sold on the market now but it works for me. Now granted some of the ones that don't work on mine may possibly work on other tablet devices like the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Toshiba Thrive Tab, Acer tabs, Asus tabs, iTard Tabs <-- . From the factory my A101IT has a GPU that can be set up to 800MHz but through permanently rooting it and uploading a custom kernel I overclocked it to 1200MHz/1.2GHz and it runs very stable without it ever freezing/crashing.

As a side note I agree with AND side with what "Neonzero" said: "I Don't have an iphone or ipad and NEVER will purchase any Apple product as long as I draw breath, they are a vile evil company whose underhand methods of obtaining the technology they use never ceases to amaze me." I'd elaborate on the "underhand" methods by saying that Apple takes all sorts of things from other companies but they don't want anyone else to take their ideas or technology. I read that a senior Apple executive confirmed Samsung made Apple's A5 processor in their iPad 2, LG is most likely going to make the retina display in the iPad 3, that Apple is near an agreement with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company to produce its next two generations of processors, and Sony is going to supply Apple's iPad 3 AND iPhone 5 with cameras. Hmmm.... kinda sounds like AT&T's "world domination" issue by trying to buy T-Mobile and wanting to take over the cell phone world to be #1 forever while taking a little bit from everyone and claiming they got the best stuff. Personally, if I'm gonna buy a device and I own it I should be able to hack, crack, bypass, customize and do whatever the hell I want with it cuz it's MINE damnit! If I were someone like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs I'd make my device open-source so that it could be catered to everyone's needs and wants without any restrictions whatsoever, period! Doing so opens up a much bigger market and builds confidence in the company's customers. In my opinion everything made by Apple is just a fad/fashion statement, I can't stand when I got my Archos 101 Internet Tablet or my Creative Zen X-Fi MP3 player out and someone asks me .... "Is that an iPod/iPad?" . Sorry for the long rant, just had to get that out.
Some references:
http://www.ipad3-release.com/2011/new-supply-chain-for-the-ipad-3-processor/
http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/ipad-3-rumours-what-you-need-to-know-937498

Games that work for me on A101IT:
- Air Attack HD Parts 1 & 2 (Full)
- aTilt 3D Labyrinth Free Version 1.4.6
- Break the Bricks Version 1.5 (a.k.a. - Javanoid)
- NESoid, Snes 9X EX, and Gensoid + all the ROM games I have for each emulator like:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mario 1 with Duck Hunt + Clay Shooting, Sonic the Hedgehog, Kirby,
Castlevania, Street Fighter series, Zelda, Mario Collection for Super NES, Donkey Kong series, Mike
Tyson's Punch Out 1 & 2, Mega Man series, Ninja Gaiden, G.I. Joe series, etc.
- Guerilla Bob Version 1.2.1 (Full)
- 9 innings: Pro Baseball 2011 Version 1.1.2 (Full)/ A full-fledge baseball game with MLB style home run derby too.
- Armageddon Squadron Version 1.0.7 (Full)/ WWII Fighter pilot-type game like Ace Combat but not as good & uses G Sensor.
- Backbreaker Football: Tackle Alley Version 1.3.5 (Full)/ Juke 'em while you run with the football type of game & uses G Sensor.
- Backbreaker 2: Vengeance Version 1.2.3 (Full)/ Just like regular Backbreaker but YOU tackle & get tackled.
- Battleship Version 2.0b (Full)/ a.k.a. The original Battleship game from when you were a kid.
- Last Stand Version 1.0.2 (Full)/ Zombie shooter game.
- Raging Thunder 2 Version 1.0.8 (Full)
- Tank Hero Version 1.3.3 (Free)
- Tiki Golf 3D Version 2.5 (Full)/ You play putt-putt golf as a live-animated, human-sized Tiki man.
- Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus Version 3.3.0
- Dungeon Hunter I Version 3.5.5
- N.O.V.A. 2 HD Version 1.0.3

Games that do not work on my A101IT:
- FPSE PS1 Emulator (Mine keeps on crashing yet I have the bios for it).
- NFS Shift All Versions (I can hear and play it but video does not work so looking for a fix).
- Homerun Battle 3D (Device not compatible).
- Shadow Guardian (Device not compatible)
- Splinter Cell Conviction HD All Versions (Device not compatible)
- Assassin's Creed Version 3.9.6, Also tried Altair's Chronicles and that didn't work either.
- Dungeon Hunter 2 HD
- Street Fighter II
- Asphalt 5
- Asphalt 6 (... as in the upgrade to Asphalt 5)
- Fast n' Furious Fast 5: Official Game
- GT Racing
- Captain America HD
- Street Racing 5
- Madden NFL 2012 by EA Sports (Not Supported for Archos 101IT)

Regular Apps:
- Absolute System Root Tools Version 1.6.6
- Adobe Flash Player Version 10.3.185.21
- AndroZip Pro File Manager Version 1.4
- BeamReader PDF Viewer Key Version 1.1.4
- Better Terminal Emulator Pro Version 3.23
- Bluetooth File Transfer Version 3.2.0
- Documents To Go Version 3.003 (993)
- Dolphin Browser (HD) License
- ezPDF Reader Version 1.0.22.2
- FPse Version 0.10.38
- gAppsInstaller Version 5 (Final) - Full 10,000+ Google Marketplace Apps for Archos and other Tablets
- Gensoid Version 2.4
- Launcher Pro Plus Version 0.8.2
- LauncherPro Icons and Docks Version 3.4
- LogMeIn Ignition Version 1.2.162
- Moon +Reader Pro Version 1.2.14
- MultiPicture
- MyAntiVirus Pro Version 1.7.0
- Note Everything Pro Version 4.0.1
- Pandora Internet Radio for Android Devices
- Player Pro (Full) + Player Pro DSP Pack
- Quickoffice Pro Version 4.0.120
- RockPlayer Universal Version 1.6.3 (Full)
- Root Explorer Version 2.16
- SD Card Speed Booster Version 1.0
- SetCPU Version 2.2.4
- Sound Hound Version 2.2.0
- Titanium Backup Pro Version 3.7.4.1
- TuneIn Radio ProVersion 3.1
- TV Shows Stream Version 3.2.3
- Yahoo Messenger Version 1.3.2 for Android
- Yahoo Messenger Voice & Video Plug-in Version 1.3.2
- Zeam Launcher Version 2.8.7

P.S. - I happily paid 2 cents for ALL these apps!
* This post has been modified : 12 years ago
Lvl 28
Wow dude...wow.
Lvl 59
-Zombie Highway. It's neat little game where you drive down a highway and zombies jump on your car and you have to get them off by shooting them or hitting stuff. I wasted an hour playing that last night.
Lvl 28
I might look into that.

I still haven't gotten around to downloading nazi zombies sadly.
Lvl 29
  • Goto: