21.79% (17)

• Grimlock(movie Version0

14.10% (11)

• Megatron

10.26% (8)

Votes: 78
Didnt see any postings so far in the forums about this yet
so i want to try to accomplish two things
1. I've been looking for some place to buy Generation 1 reissues or even the robot master issues.I havent had much luck so I'm hoping someone will have a link.
2. Who was your favorite Transformer or Even Go-bot anyone remember them? I've always liked StarScream So completly Evil and untrustworthy! Everything a secondary villian should be!
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 20
Wow, this is pretty ironic.

I mentioned transformers in this thread earlier tonight.

http://whatboyswant.com/forum_read/1814422

Check http://Ebay.com If all else fails.
Lvl 17
didn't they have a death star ripoff?
I got these guys at toys r us.
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott2

didn't they have a death star ripoff?

You mean Unicron? He was a Transforming planet. Not really a ripoff.
Lvl 19
Transformers rock!
Lvl 12
Are you looking for anything speciel? Did you try collectorsparadise.com ?
Lvl 4
I recommend you get Japanese made transformers. They have metallic parts which just make them so much cooler if you are going to display them. and they look nicer too.
Lvl 15
i was googling around one day out of interest as to what an original Optimus Prime costs these days. Get ready to shell out, he was about $150.
Lvl 13
A little advice first. If you're looking for re-issues, decide how important accuracy is to you. The American re-issues from Hasbro(Toys 'R Us) all have flaws. The typical flaw is oversized weapons. On Optimus Prime, they made Roller silver. I do not recommend these.

The Japanese re-issues from Takara are, for the most part, true to the originals, and the packaging is much better. Of course, they are usually a little more expensive, ranging from $5-50 more, depending on the character, and when it was re-issued. Some, like Prime, have been re-issued at least twice. With the latest round of re-issues, there are only a few charachters that are noticeably different from the originals.

Starscream is in anime colors; the red is brighter, the blue is several shades lighter, the canopy has window lines painted on it, the Decepticon logos are painted on the wings, and he comes with a miniature version of Megatron in pistol mode, along with a hand for Prime, so either Starscream or Prime can hold the pistol. This re-issue also comes with a Region 2 DVD.

Optimus Prime, I believe, is true to the original. Only thing that sets it apart is that it comes with a three-ring binder (album) to collect the file cards that come with each character.

Astrotrain, rather than being primarily black and purple, with a little white, is just black and white. It looks much better IMO.

The only other exception, I can recall, is Soundwave. Rather than Buzzsaw, he comes with Laserbeak. Though to my understanding, that is true to the original Japanese version.

As for where to get them, ebay is a good place to find any of them. I would start by checking out some online stores first. tfsource.com is one of the best I've found. They've got a good selection, and (usually) the best prices around. If you decide to go the ebay route, take a week or two to figure out what the average price is for the piece(s) you're trying to buy.
Lvl 12
EBay....

Soundwave is my fave original, with Jazz and Hound in a tie for second.
Hope its ok to post a link here but I've gotten a few good ones from www.bigbadtoystore.com. They have a good supple of Japanese versions which are better made. If you've seen the alternators line here in the us bigbad has the jap versions and they're made of metal.

Soundwave and the Devastator combiner(hell, most of the combiners) were my favorites.
My son has some of the new ones and they're pretty good to.

-----------------------------

quote from the trolling ass removed
* This post has been modified by Anonymous18 : 18 years ago
Back on topic. Shockwave was always cool.
Lvl 11
Awsome, I always thought mirage was cool too but couldn't they have used the fact that he could turn invisable in better ways? He could be Invisable for crying out loud! And dont be rippin on the transformers crowd you decided to click the link. So you were either looking for tranformers or thought it said transvestite....
Lvl 11
i'll go for Megatron
if you like japanese anime Gundam wing was also cool!
anyone remebers it?
Lvl 9
I remember all the original shows. Personally I loved the dinobots. They were completely seperated from the entire group even though the Autobots made them. It is hard trying to find any of the original toys but be prepared to shell out the cash for them though.
Lvl 11
i used to like ape-timus prime from beast wars, that was a cool show.
Lvl 12
Soundwave he was the sheezie
Lvl 11
star scream?
Lvl 11
transformers are what every kid wishes for
  • Goto: