rate this

The Walking Dead.

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 12 years ago Views: 5.0K
  • Goto:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh

Wrong. Shane is awful.
I hate Shane.
My favorite character is the ...biker guy? Daryl? I like his story the most so far. Especially from the first half of S2.

I do have to say, it's convenient that they keep finding people that can drive their vehicles and take a zombie bite for them.

You only hate Shane because he's a douchebag....because he only cares about himself. He's not the hero anymore, he's the anti-hero.
Quote:

Wrong. Shane is awful.
I hate Shane.
My favorite character is the ...biker guy? Daryl? I like his story the most so far. Especially from the first half of S2.

I do have to say, it's convenient that they keep finding people that can drive their vehicles and take a zombie bite for them.

You only hate Shane because he's a douchebag....because he only cares about himself. He's not the hero anymore, he's the anti-hero.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

Yeah, I agree that only caring about yourself is a dick move. Lol. It's why I have the profession I do. Lol
But I just don't like him. ...Don't remember why. But yeah.

At least with Daryl, he changes himself and devotes himself to the greater good and to saving a young girl. It becomes his purpose to help the others less capable than himself.
Lvl 28

My post might have spoilers, I was trying to keep them to a min but I can't peeps.

Quote:

And I'm going to disagree with you Honda...Shane is the best character on the show..

Quote:

because he only cares about himself. He's not the hero anymore, he's the anti-hero.

Exactly, which is why I hate Shane. Not because he's a douchebag, not because he was nailing his best friends wife, not even his IDGAF attitude. I hate Shane because he's the anti-hero, the antagonist to Ricks protagonist.

When you have a clean line dividing good and bad, ie "Shane did this, therefore it's bad...Rick did this, therefore it's good" they fall into ruts as charaters and don't develop. You say Shane grew as a character, as soon as Rick came back season one it was already obvious (by him putting Rick in the sights on his rifle) that he was going to be an asshole, all they did over the two season was making him more obvious about it. But to go from the dude considering killing his best friend, and also fucking his wife, to the dude who is basically that same level of asshole, only with a shaved head isn't really growth... he was an unstable cockbag then, unstable cockbag right up until the end of season 2.

WHY THIS WAS RUINING THE SHOW:

Rick couldn't fucking grow as a character. He's the leader, he's no longer a sheriff and he's not a hero, he's a leader, he has grown the most as a character, going from the, always doing what's right..LITERALLY RIDING A WHITE FUCKING HORSE FOR AWHILE uber good cop bro, to an average, normal dude willing to make the hard fucking decision. Having an obvious black/white debate every fucking time anything bad happened was pissing me the fuck off, since things always got taken care of, and Rick always came out smelling of roses, Rick has to be the badguy sometimes, that's the mark of a good leader, making the hard decisions others can't, and not always doing the right thing, but what's required for the survival of the group.

That's why Shane sucks ass..he holds everyone the fuck back by being the stereotypical bad guy. I hated him so much at one point I would have punched him in the face IRL.

I hate Shane, but that's why. Also, the man who played that character was a fucking good actor, and it's a shame he's gone, as hating him was one of my favorite things to do, but as I said above he had to nolonger be there so Rick can step the fuck up and stop being a candy ass. They don't need a hero, they need a fucking leader...now he'll have to grow.

Hopefully his first act is taking a fucking claw hammer to Carl.

Edit: Shane killing Otis to save Carl, that's a perfect example of shit Rick is going to need to be able to do, which he never had to. He couldn't even get rid of that stupid douche they captured. They should have just left him to die.

Quote:

Wrong. Shane is awful.
I hate Shane.

Boomsauce, the hillbilly biker guy rules. The black guy needs to go though as it's pretty obvious to everyone he's the weakest character outside of that chick that looks like Jamie Lee Curtis.
Lvl 28
Oh, also, Glenn is one of my favorite characters.
Lvl 24
Glenn is good.

My least favorite characters are Rick, Dale, and Shane.
Just cause Rick sucks cause he's the "Not Shane", Shane sucks cause he's the "Not Rick" and Dale sucks cause he thinks the world still needs to return their library books and shit even though it's the fucking Zombie Apocalypse.

Which is why I like Darryl, cause he does the fucking wet work and looks out for the weaker members. You know?
Lvl 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Oh, also, Glenn is one of my favorite characters.

They've really diluted Glenn's character. Remember the first few shows with him? Rescuing Rick, making and executing plans of escape, stealthy and such.
Now...he lets them hang him upside down into a well as walker bait....sad.
  • Goto: