Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Legal alcoholic limit to drive

Starter: Gee96 Posted: 17 years ago Views: 2.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 13
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the average amount of alcohol it takes to get to the .08 limit to drive? I don't want to get pulled over and be over the limit without knowing.

I weigh around 160 lbs. by the way if that helps.
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 13
I had a lot of tickets so i was forced to attend some traffic safety class.. they say you should pace yourself at 1 drink per hour if you plan on driving. I guess if you are unsure you can always take a nap in your car. It's better than getting your license suspended or worse.
Lvl 16
Well technically if you are in your car and drunk they can still bust you. I've seen it happen before and will happen again. Safest bet is don't drink and drive.
Lvl 7
Best rule is if you're driving don't drink.
Lvl 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Lobotomy

Well technically if you are in your car and drunk they can still bust you. I've seen it happen before and will happen again. Safest bet is don't drink and drive.

only if you have the keys in the ignition, I believe.
Lvl 16
Quote:
Originally posted by face.

only if you have the keys in the ignition, I believe.

Yeah, you might be right about that. Maybe I can find some information on it. I'll check.

~*Edit*~ Found this, it's Oklahoma law but I'm sure other states are probably similar in statute.

APC is charged against you when you are in a vehicle and under the influence, like in DUI. Breath or blood test are requested of the person who is arrested for this charge, just like in a DUI. However, in these cases, you are NOT driving, but parked or sitting still on a street or parking lot but, COULD drive if you wanted to do so. This crime is, effectively, the SAME THING as DUI!! It carries ALL OF THE same punishments and driver’s license problems as a DUI!

A cruel "twist" about DUI or APC is that, if convicted of these charges, your driver's license is revoked for the SAME periods of time at indicated below. In other words, if you "save" your license through the hearing referenced below, being convicted of either of these crimes will "wash away" that victory and you will be revoked ANYWAY!!
Lvl 8
If you don't want a ban get a tester like this would not be without mine
Lvl 43
Well, speaking from experience...I myself have had 4 DWI's...yes I have learned my lesson and Thank God I didn't kill anyone. Here in Missouri, it's .08 and above...I think my second one I blew a .32...NO SHIT!...but anyways

DWI THIRD OR SUBSEQUENT OFFENSE

Conviction of three or more DWIs within 10 years results may mean that the driver is deemed to be a "Persistent Offender" and guilty of a Class D Felony. There will also be a 10 year denial of driving privileges.

* JAIL: Up to five (5) years in prison.
* FINE: Up to $5,000.00, plus court costs of between $10.00 to $100.00.
* PROBATION: Missouri law prohibits a suspended execution of sentence for a felony DWI. The court may suspend execution of sentence after 10 days in jail or 60 days of community service. The defendant is then placed on a probation.
* REVOCATION OF DRIVING PRIVILEGES: Upon a third or subsequent criminal conviction for DWI, the defendant's driver's license is revoked for 10 years regardless of how old the two prior convictions are. These suspensions go on the person's driving record. If convicted of a felony DWI, no hardship license is available. If the DWI is a third, but not a felony, a hardship license may be applied for after 3 years. The court must also require that a person be restricted to driving a motor vehicle which has an ignition interlock device while on probation. The device costs $50.00-100.00 to install and $50.00-$75.00 per month to maintain.

Now I haven't lost my license, good lawyers will do that 4 ya...but it's a shitload of money to keep em. Just don't do it...not worth it
Lvl 23
If your drivin', don't drink and if you drink, don't drive.
Lvl 19
Anything over two drinks in an hour will take you over .08. That's two, 12oz beers, 2 4oz glasses of wine or two standard 1oz drinks. After that, you burn approximately 1 drink per hour.
In other words, don't drink faster than a drink every 40 minutes in your first two hours in the bar and a drink every hour after that and you should be fine. Like stated above, you certainly don't need to be above .08 to get a DUI.
Lvl 17
WOA WOA WOA WOA WOA - THERES TWO KINDS OF DUI!!!!!!!

1) OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT - Limit is say .08 and your .09.

2) IMPAIRED - you have had one half a shot and your blood lovel is .0001 but the alcohol has effected you such that your impaired.

Right even one drink can get you a dui. In the first sense the prosecutor has to prove only that you are .09. In the second he has to prove that you are impaired by the tiny amount.

Dont blow dont blow dont blow dont blow. If youve been drinking dont blow!!!! Dont do the physical tests either if you think you may fail them. speak as little as possible. "i dont want to answer questions, i want my atty".
Lvl 13
i have 2 dui's (don'y worry i've learned my lesson) but, from the classes i've gone to to get my license reinstated, there is NO SUCH THING AS DRIVING LEGALLY W/ ALCOHOL in your system. anything that registers on a breathalyzer is illegal. that .08 thing is a misconception....blowing a .08 is a dui for sure anything under you're getting a DWI (driving while impaired) or sometimes called a 'wet and reckless'. either way it equates to the same thing (court fees, possible jail time (community service), license suspension/restriction, and even more fine and fees for classes and stuff.
there are people in the classes that i have to attend that got a DWI because they registered .02 from taking cough syrup/mouthwash/breath mints or other types of medication. anything w/ alcohol that you take orally will stay in your fat cells in your cheeks the same as taking a couple of drinks and will give you a false positive on a breathalyzer. my advice to everyone who reads this is plain and simple don't drink and drive (would you rather pay $10-50 bucks for a taxi or over $3500 in fines and time spent going to classes and getting your license back....think about it . there really are so many other alternatives than getting behind the wheel. hope this helps.

oh BTW listen to what mal says^^^^^^^ if you happen to get pulled over after a couple of drinks. don't blow into anything or do any of the field sobriety tests!!!!!! it's self incrimination. you're gonna get arrested for a dui anyway (1/2 a night in jail before your court date 2-3 weeks later), don't give them any evidence to back up their claim that you were drunk/impaired at that particular moment. it will be alot easier to have the case dismissed (w/ a lawyer) if they have no evidence
Lvl 17
yep Mrhexx makes another good point. 3-30 bucks for a cab could save tons later. I love driving my nice car tipsy but its not worth it. Especially if they take my car!!!!!
Lvl 11
just dont drive and get drunk. that is all. pretty easy. if you are far from home get a hotel. I always give my key to someone i know or I just take a taxi into town. that is all I can say about this.
Lvl 13
[/reply] don't blow into anything or do any of the field sobriety tests!!!!!! it's self incrimination. you're gonna get arrested for a dui anyway (1/2 a night in jail before your court date 2-3 weeks later), don't give them any evidence to back up their claim that you were drunk/impaired at that particular moment. it will be alot easier to have the case dismissed (w/ a lawyer) if they have no evidence
[/reply]

I can actually verify that this is somewhat good advice --- IF and ONLY IF --- you happen to get pulled over and you not sure whether you are intoxicated or not.

Each state varies in the amount and terminology if DUI, DWI, or APC... as well as B.A.C. (Blood Alchohol Content) levels. The vast majority of states have moved to the .08 standard as the at which a person is intoxicated. However, there is a DWI which is driving while impaired and although you may not be beyond the .08 limit, the police officer SUBJECTIVELY determines that your ability is IMPAIRED enough to warrant your arrest and charge. The field sobriety tests given are extremely subjective as they are based upon a police officer's interpretation of how well a person performed a physical test. THEREFORE, it is best to forego ANY subjective tests! AS well... the field sobriety machines are not accurate enough (BUT a jury would believe it!) Therefore, it is better to forego (respectfully) any field sobriety test (including the HGN test) as well as any field breathalyzer.

However, if you are taken to the police station, you should submit to the Breathalyzer, for two reasons. First, if you refuse, your license will be AUTOMATICALLY revoked for one year (in the vast majority of states). Second, the breatalyzer results can be challenged. (E.g., was there a 30 minute deprivation period, was the machine properly calibrated, was a control sample conducted, was there any foreign obejct(s) in the person's mouth, was a second breath sample collected, etc...). THEN and VERY IMPORTANT, request a BLOOD SAMPLE to be drawn ( which is really the ONLY ACCURATE was to measure a person's B.A.C.).

TO answer your question.... a person's B.A.C. is dependent on the amount of alcohol consumed, the amount of time in which the alcohol is consumed, as well as, other factors such as the person's body mass, and sex (that is Male or Female, ya smartasses). The "average" 160 pound male could possibly consume three alcoholic drinks in an hour's time and still be under .08 B.A.C., beyond that amount and you will be at a tremendous risk.

SUFFICE IT TO SAY THOUGH... the best advice given thus far is... IF YOU DRINK (ANY AMOUNT) DO NOT PLAN ON DRIVING. You are much safer to yourself .... but more importantly... much safer to other people on the road!!!!
Lvl 4
am livin in Türkiye (not Turkey - Türkiye is our Country's name!..) i drank 2 beers (33cl*2). i got a ban for 6 months and 300 dolars penalty..
Lvl 23
TURKEY! TURKEY! TURKEY! TURKEY! TURKEY! TURKEY!
Lvl 15
Quote:
Originally posted by HighGuy

If your drivin', don't drink and if you drink, don't drive.

And if you smoke weed, sit on the couch and eat some cheeze-its.
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by durexxx

am livin in Türkiye (not Turkey - Türkiye is our Country's name!..) i drank 2 beers (33cl*2). i got a ban for 6 months and 300 dolars penalty..

Well Thanksgiving is upon us
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by badboy65260

I think my second one I blew a .32..

People have been known to die from blood-alcohol levels of .35, and that's not counting stupidity-related deaths (driving drunk, picking the wrong fight, etc). Musta been a fun night!
  • Goto: