Score: 4.00 Votes: 4
rate this

Have you been stimulated?

Starter: thegame14 Posted: 16 years ago Views: 2.2K
  • Goto:
Lvl 14
by the IRS? I am still waiting. and yes I did direct deposit, just to get this faster
Lvl 51
Lvl 14
I am still waiting
Lvl 20
Stimulated by the IRS??? Isn't that some kind of tax thing in the US? Didn't know they had switched business.
Lvl 20
Like that little bit of change is going to do anything for me. It's a date or two. Tops.
Lvl 23
The what, The who?
Lvl 17
ok please explain what the hell stimulated by the IRS mean for us outsiders!
Lvl 27
I remember the IRS: Irwin R. Schyster or I.R.S was a wrestler back in the 80ies:

And no, he did not stimulate me (thank god )
http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=177937,00.html

Yes, I got my $1,200 yesterday. Going to use it for medical bills.
Lvl 20
Yeah, 1200 bucks - if you get the fatty check. I got 600. It might buy a video game and a date or two, tops. Or go to a bill.

Like this does fuck all to help me. It doesn't even cover a month's food.

It sure the fuck doesn't cover a house payment.

This is some weak ass shit. It's pointless, and doesn't do anything for me except put more money in the pockets of the mega-corps that already have fatty stacks of cash.
Lvl 12
lucky bastards!!
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by BIG-EGGY

lucky bastards!!

meh, my 600 bucks will let me fill up my gas tank like 9 times or so.
Lvl 13
It's $600.00 FREE !!! I sure as hell won't complain when my check comes in the mail. Unfortunately, I mailed in my return, so I won't be getting my check any time soon I'll probably use it to buy a new lens or two for my Pentax K10D
Lvl 28
I haven't got my taxes back yet..but I should make a bit..

..Then I'll spend it all on stupid shit..because I can.

...Like hookers, and blackjack.

...forget the blackjack.
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by Stratman

It's $600.00 FREE !!!

well, not exactly.

it is, after all, your money that they're sending back to you.
Lvl 9
i got 600 on may 5th. gonna put it towards bills. its the "please like me" attempt from the idiot in the white house.
Lvl 11
We got ours on May 9th. Bought some more studio gear for my one man band recording set up.
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Stratman

It's $600.00 FREE !!! I sure as hell won't complain when my check comes in the mail. Unfortunately, I mailed in my return, so I won't be getting my check any time soon I'll probably use it to buy a new lens or two for my Pentax K10D

Yeah, as said above it's not free. The "rebate" will actually be "re-collected" next year. It's not even money back to us. It's a loan we have to repay.
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by Xenocyde
its the "please like me" attempt from the idiot in the white house.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarquin

Yeah, as said above it's not free. The "rebate" will actually be "re-collected" next year. It's not even money back to us. It's a loan we have to repay.

What? No it's not. It's a retroactive lowering of this years federal income tax, passed by congress, in a weak attempt to pander to voters and simultaneously keep the economy from falling into recession.

It has nothing to do with next years taxes and it was legislation, passed with about 85% of congress voting in favor of it, having little to do with the "idiot in the white house"
Lvl 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Davallia

ok please explain what the hell stimulated by the IRS mean for us outsiders!

The US Government has decided to issue up to $600 ($1200 for married couples) back to the Taxpayers. Their hope is that the American people will spend it quickly on retail products or something they want but do not need. This "stimulus" is designed to help put money back into the economy and get the economy moving in the correct direction. Unfortunetly, it is likely to be used to pay for rents, vechicle gas, and food as these prices keep rising. Therefore, will do nothing to boost the economy creating a further shortage with the government. Hope this helps for everyone outside the US.

As for the topic in the thread. I have yet to receive mine but my girlfriend and many of my employees at work have received theirs. Its all based on Social Security numbers. Take the last 2 numbers of your social security number, the lower the number the sooner the check/deposits will be made, the higher the number the longer it will take. They started low and are working their way up.
  • Goto: