Score: 5.00 Votes: 4
rate this

Advice to our Children.

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 11 years ago Views: 6.0K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28
So, lets say you're on your deathbed...surrounded by your loved ones, or in Demos case, cats. There's time to say your goodbyes and such, but you decide to give your kids some hot, fresh wisdom.

What advice would you give them?

Or, if the question is too morbid, imagine your some kids uncle and hes a douche, and you wanna give him some advice. So, what would you say...what do you think is a good example of solid advice to a youngster?

Myself, I would go with the strongest, and best advice I ever received from anyone ever. You can never please everyone. No matter how good, talented, funny, interesting...people will hate you, therefore:

Lvl 27
Pretty simple...

Treat others they way you want to be treated.

And regardless of what you do in life, weather it be a ditch digger, or rocket scientist, always do your best, and enjoy what you do. Being a rich mogul type doesn't make you any better of a person then the guy down the street who's worked and sweated his entire life just to make ends meet...
Lvl 25
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
Lvl 6
Always bet on black.
Lvl 26
Never eat Yellow Snow
Lvl 24
Probably that school = money. Don't give up on it, go all the way to the end with college and everything. Nothing sucks worse than living out your life with the shittiest jobs available because you thought school sucked ass and quit on it.
Lvl 28
Sucking dick isn't gay if it gets you:

*Out of a speeding ticket

*Free anything

*The dude has a handsome dick.
Lvl 19
Check out WBW
Lvl 29
Life is..
Lvl 25
What I wish Id been told when I was young enough to use it.

1. A company's job is to make money out of YOU. (especially the company you are working for)
2. Loyalty does not pay.
3. Debt is not bad, only bad debt is bad.
Lvl 19
I'd say boys you need to gather knowledge, become more worldly and also find happiness.
You can do that by going to http://www.whatboyswant.com
Lvl 13
'If she pees standing up, it still don't matter.'
Lvl 16
Get off my lawn!
Lvl 5
I'd say listen to all of them lads who posted before me. They obviously are much wiser than I am.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Skraup

I'd say listen to all of them lads who posted before me. They obviously are much wiser than I am.

.... and now begins the Idiot Brigade.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

C students work for B students, A students teach, and B students work for dropouts that had a good idea.

A man can get a lot done in a day, if he stops bitching about all he has to do.

If you want something done, give it to a busy person.

From the neck down, a person is only worth so much. From the neck up, there's no limit.

Just a few of the many things my father beat into my head.... yet I always regretted not finishing school, and have pushed my kids to do so. At least on the the first one, it's not working.
Lvl 19
What he said !!!!!

And when my kids come along they are going to get something like that drilled into their little heads. But....for now...well, I gotta get knocked up first. .
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by F1098

What he said !!!!!

And when my kids come along they are going to get something like that drilled into their little heads. But....for now...well, I gotta get knocked up first. .

Be careful who you agree with around this joint. It can be bad for your image.
Lvl 12
I would tell them love everyone but trust very few and aim your life around happiness, If you ca smile and make others smile every day, nothing else matters. Oh and never trust the police.
Lvl 30
I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Many do not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content. When deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have sillyness in their life again.

When you are on your deathbed, what others think of you is a long way from your mind. How wonderful to be able to let go and smile again, long before you are dying.

So, please, allow yourself to be happy. Smile in the sunshine, kick the ball around with your son, have a glass of wine with your wife in the afternoon, move to Argentina, buy yourself a Kindle for the love of reading; whatever it is, be good to yourself.
Lvl 14
Quote:
Originally posted by FeFeHumHum

Probably that school = money. Don't give up on it, go all the way to the end with college and everything. Nothing sucks worse than living out your life with the shittiest jobs available because you thought school sucked ass and quit on it.

I have a Bachelors from Syracuse, yet I can't get hired by ANYONE. So not sure college is always the answer. Unless you mean to the end as in go to college until the day you die.
  • Goto: