Score: 5.00 Votes: 1
rate this

Your worst car ever...?

Starter: ihatedrphil Posted: 13 years ago Views: 2.7K
  • Goto:
Lvl 12
What's the biggest piece of shit you were cursed to own? In-between stellar performers that went 300K miles I had a Dodge Aspen that wouldn't start if it rained the night before: after many trips to the dealer I was still removing the distributor cap and rotor to put in the oven at bed time. One day the gear shift broke in my hand. Plus the 1991 Chevy Caprice whose transmission fell out at 12K. A dash of a 2001 Ford that cracked nearly the width of the windshield at minus twenty. (whine)
Lvl 17
A 1979 Pontiac Sunbird that rusted so bad around the battery that a coat hanger had to be used to keep it in place... aggravating car...
Lvl 5
A Ford Ka, it`s the worst car ever.
Lvl 14
Mine was a 1997 Ford Contour GL.
Lvl 7
Chevy Camaro Hunk of complete shit...I buy Acuras now best cars ever made. I wont buy american cars, pure shit. Now our trucks on the other hand, made like tanks.
Lvl 16
1966 Buick Wildcat, 4 tons of crap in one vehicle
Lvl 5
1971 Triumph Spitfire drove it right out of the showroom doors and then drove it back 13 times for transmission leaks. Cars then had a 12 month warranty and I sold it when it ended. Dealer had car for 33 straight days one time, week later , back to shop
Lvl 16
1967 Pontiac Lemans that I owned in the late 80's. Not only was it a piece of shit by default, but it was extra shitty cause it had the original vinyl cover ripped off the hard top and then the whole thing spray painted a flat goldish color. No air (in the middle of Georgia where 100 degrees and 100% humidty are common) and no radio or place to put one so I carried a big old boom box around and ran it on batteries for sound. Windshield wipers worked only before and after rain, not during.
Lvl 62
1992 Toyota Carolla. Wiring was bad, nothing worked, but it made up for it by shelling out CV joints every 4000 miles, and vapor locking if outside temp was above 80 degrees. You couldnt pay me to take a Toyota!!!!
Lvl 32
1987 Toyota Camry. Wasn't necessarly a bad car, but would stall out if you tried to turn left in the rain. If it wasn't raining I was ok. Dealer couldn't even figure it out. Waited for a sunny day, and traded it in.
Lvl 25
92 Chevy Cavalier Wagon

Bought it for $300 (needed a car REALLY BADLY) and replaced the water pump. It ran Ok for a little while and then other stuff started messing up. The driver window wouldnt stay on the track, the rear door latch was broke so while going down the road it would pop open by itself, the emergency brakes started locking up, NO AIR, barely heated, water leaked when it rained, then it started going dead at red lights. Needless to say but when we got the extra money we went and got a 97 Honda Passport 4x4 and sold the Cav for $150.

So far, we have had the Honda for about a year and a half, and it's been the best car we've had.
Lvl 5
One from the UK.
My first car.
A beige Austin Allegro 1.3. 1980.
Faster in reverse.
Left to me by my gran when she died and had to keep it "to honour her memory - you ungrateful little bugger" (my Dad).
Remained celibate till I paid a mate to nick it.
Lvl 22
Mine was a car i bought my wife a couple years ago it was a 2009 Lexus ES 350, that was the biggest pile of shit i have ever bought, the seat belt reminder went off constantly, took it to the dealership they fixed that , but then the damn low fuel alert went off no matter how much gas was in the tank.
After 14 trips to the dealership to be repaired only to get it back with worse problems or the same ones, i sold it and bought my wife a Saturn Ion 3 redline it is faster, better MPG and have had zero problems with it, the only suck is now Saturn has closed...
so basically GM!
Lvl 6
Mine was a Cadillac. It had a blown head gasket. I still want to fix it, but I want to put a good engine in it. Street racing anyone?
Lvl 22
I've never had a "worst car or truck"

Being a mechanic all my life taught me to only buy the cars I work on the least (I hate working on my own).

I've had VW beetles(pre '72) Dodge's, Datsun's, and Nissan's !
Lvl 7
1988 Mercury Sable. 0-60 in about 25 minutes. Horrid gas mileage. The worst part is that there wasn't really any thing mechanically wrong with the car. It just sucked. I've driven cars with thrown rods that were faster and more efficient.
Lvl 22
I've made most of my fortune off of Ford front wheel drive cars and their association with mazda(probe etc. ) !

On that sable and the like I don't even have to open the hood to tell you that you will spend $500 to $1000 minimum if you want it fixed right
and that is a running one!
Lvl 18
My worst car was my first car it was a puke green 73 Mercury Comet that was so badly rusted in the quarter panels that if I put anything in the trunk it could fallout.The transmission only work after it warmed and no heat in the winter.
Lvl 2
'87 buick skylark
Lvl 6
2001 Geo Metro. Bought it for the EXCELLENT mpg. Was pulling 60 mpg out of a 1.0 liter 5 speed. Only problem was, money I saved on fuel was spent replacing /rebuilding the engine 3 times...gave it away and the guy I gave it to rebuilt the engine again and no problems since...Guess my hour and a half commute was too much for it. He keeps it around town.
  • Goto: